Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Americans - RTE pace

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how many episodes left on rte?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

fryup wrote: »
    how many episodes left on rte?

6.04-6:07 are on the player. Three still to be broadcast.

why did elizabeth burn the picture?

and under what circumstances did Stan cop on to the Jennings?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

fryup wrote: »
    why did elizabeth burn the picture?

and under what circumstances did Stan cop on to the Jennings?

The picture could have tied her to that couple.

I think it gradually dawned on him, the Russians running amok in Chicago and the Jennings away at the same time. Then I think Henry said something about them being away so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The picture could have tied her to that couple.

I think it gradually dawned on him, the Russians running amok in Chicago and the Jennings away at the same time. Then I think Henry said something about them being away so much.

Yeah and this aunt that he had never even met.

I'd like to see a showdown between Stan and Philip.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, forgot about the aunt.

I think Stan's girlfriend may still have a big role to play. This season is building to the end magnificently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Oh yes, forgot about the aunt.

I think Stan's girlfriend may still have a big role to play. This season is building to the end magnificently.

oh u wont be disappointed !!!

Just watched a recording of the last episode...solid enough ending i think, Stan let them slip away undetected, Paige decides to stay at home, dopey Henry finally finds out the truth..and the Jennings go back to where they started to their homeland the USSR.

But hey, in a few years time the Soviet Union would collapse and all the Jennings will be united once more :) so happy ending then

Good Series overall, glad i stuck with it.

A very powerful ending. That was great TV

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

The use of Dire Straits brothers in arms felt so ‘right’ to me. It really fit the situation and it felt quite emotional as it brought back memories for me growing up in the 80’s- I can understand why this show appealed to people my age (40) as it brought back a lot of memories and nostalgia.
    I’ll miss this show

• Advertisement

and U2's with or without you really resonated with me...perfect song for that scene

Solid ending to this series.

Bit puzzled how Phillip would have known that Stans wife was a Russian agent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Solid ending to this series.

Bit puzzled how Phillip would have known that Stans wife was a Russian agent though.

Don't think she was, Think he was just messing with stans head

Agents like Philip use psychological warfare all the time, he was bullsh1tting Stan some of the time even at the end

There had been reasons to suspect her (which I cant remember) but didn't Philip ask one of the bosses from the Centre and got an ambiguous answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Good to see more people enjoyed the show! They really did a great series!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

There had been reasons to suspect her (which I cant remember) but didn't Philip ask one of the bosses from the Centre and got an ambiguous answer?

He asked Frank Langelas charecter and the question was dismissed as nonsense

Slydice wrote: »
    Good to see more people enjoyed the show! They really did a great series!

So underrated !!! So well made - the attention to detail for the setting alone for the 80's was super !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just caught up with the finale now.

I would echo that the use of music was superb, particularly With or Without You. Really kicked me in the feels during the inspection scene on the train, and just when it looked like they were home and dry, Elizabeth spots Paige on the platform and the song rises again. Brilliantly done.

The last phonecall to Henry had me an emotional wreck too.

Great series overall, and surely one of the most under-rated shows of modern times. I will always have a crush on Elizabeth- sexy badass :D

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    He asked Frank Langelas charecter and the question was dismissed as nonsense

Ah, okay. But I'm sure there was more to it than Philip messing with Stan's head. He really was suspicious of her.

The time of night RTE had this excellent series pushed out to for the last 2 seasons was ridiculous, yet they put the likes of Vogue Williams talking crap on at 9.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

Very good show.As the previous poster alluded to,the timing by rte was very ill-advised-they did the same with the excellent Rescue Me some years ago.
    As regards the last episode specifically,I thought it odd that Stan would facilitate the Jenning's escape.Anyone else think that was strange?I had envisaged Elizabeth brutalizing him in a fist fight!

migozarad wrote: »
    Very good show.As the previous poster alluded to,the timing by rte was very ill-advised-they did the same with the excellent Rescue Me some years ago.
    As regards the last episode specifically,I thought it odd that Stan would facilitate the Jenning's escape.Anyone else think that was strange?I had envisaged Elizabeth brutalizing him in a fist fight!

yea they got away to easily ! I think he got a bit conflicted with Henry as they are very close.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

deep down he always had a soft spot for the Jennings,

in the end his personal feeling overcame his professional obligations

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

A fantastic end to a fantastic series.

From the moment Stan introduces himself as an FBI agent in the first episode it was obvious that he would somehow uncover the truth and confront Phillip & Elizabeth in the final episode.

That confrontation did not turn out in any way I had imagined. I had all along expected shootouts and death and chases but what happened was so much better.

Poor Oleg.

I had expected Renee to be revealed as an Illegal but I prefer that they didn’t answer it at all. I can’t decide if Stan (when he was looking at her sleeping) dismissed the notion or if he decided that he loved and didn’t care what the truth was.

The final three episodes were non-stop tension.

Advertisement