Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Secret Scripture

Options
  • 17-10-2016 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭

I read somewhere that Sebastian Barry's "The Secret Scripture" was going to made into a film. While arguably not actually dealing with mental illness, that has the potential to be a mind blowing movie reveal a lot about pscyhiatric institutions in Ireland.

Vanessa Redgrave and Rooney Mara getting someOscar buzz for their performances as Rose in Jim Sheridan's adaption which is playing the festivals but so far no word on a trailer or general release date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks to be getting a general release here soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Absolute mawkish twaddle. Boring plot, with obvious twists, hammy or poor acting, worst Irish accents from some of the cast I could have imagined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Think author Sebastian Barry had a lot of issues with the end result, but Jim Sheridan has never been more than a workaday director anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

As a Roscommon native I was very disappointed that we didn't make it as a location in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is on RTE 1 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

MfMan wrote: »
    Think author Sebastian Barry had a lot of issues with the end result, but Jim Sheridan has never been more than a workaday director anyway.

A bad TV director.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I enjoyed it when I saw it in the cinema

Advertisement