Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue 3 (Kickstarter)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The remasters news soften the blow of this in a big way.

Very quiet on the Shenmue 3 front though, a few screenshots would have nice today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Lan Di has been ducking us all for over a decade now. Another year won't change the whooping he has coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm after getting some email from fangamer mailroom asking for details and they are preparing shipment.

It a scam yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm after getting some email from fangamer mailroom asking for details and they are preparing shipment.

It a scam yeah?

No, the Kickstarter update said backer survey emails would be sent out starting today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2214421?ref=backer_project_update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hmm, I got the email from Kickstarter telling me about the fangamer email, but didn't get the actual fangamer email.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Hmm, I got the email from Kickstarter telling me about the fangamer email, but didn't get the actual fangamer email.

Same, they are probably sending the emails out in batches.

21st of August confirmed as the release date of the rereleases.

1080p using original Dreamcast and Xbox assets. Dual language options. Save file transfers from the first game to the second game but not to the third game.

Widescreen gameplay but cutscenes will be in 4:3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is this like Yakuza without all the crazy shyte?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't know a huge amount about Yakuza, but i've heard people say it's a similar idea (with the added crazy ****e). I suspect nostalgia will only get them so far, but hopefully they are still playable after so long.

If you don't like QTE's though, don't bother with it. While Shenmue didn't invent them, it definitely used them more than any game i've ever played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

I purchased here on Voidu. Use code SCHOOLSOUT to get further 20% off. Came to just over €20 in total.

• Advertisement

Shenmue 3 has reached $7 million from Slacker backer and KS. New stretch goal reached, expansion on its battle system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Great to hear they got more backing.
    I know the scope of the game could never compare to shenmue 1 or 2 but I am hoping the game is the same just on a smaller scale.

Shenmue 1 had one of the best atmospheres out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Shenmue 3 has reached $7 million from Slacker backer and KS. New stretch goal reached, expansion on its battle system.

Jesus H Christ, do people not want to see the game get finished at all? :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ, do people not want to see the game get finished at all? :pac:

Haha, think they are closing all fundraising in September if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Haha, think they are closing all fundraising in September if I remember right.

Sounds about right!
    It'll never get released unless they have a final version envisioned by now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Sounds about right!
    It'll never get released unless they have a final version envisioned by now :)

It is partly backed by Sony so it shall get released.
    I imagine this project is a massive task as on one hand this game will not have the same budget and team size as the first two games while on the other hand, it being a some what stripped down version of what we got in 1 and 2, cannot be too far removed too at the same time.

Not to mention that Shenmue 1 and 2 are being remastered so it makes sense to capitalise on peoples nostalgia after playing them again allowing more to donate.

I am just glad Shenmue 3 is in the works. They can take as long as they want. It's not like Duke Nukem Forever, a game which upon release was'nt the breast (yes, I put the extra "r" in there!) But the difference between either game is that Duke Nukem was being touted as a game that went through various and failed development cycless but seemingly "keeping in" the good parts from each iteration. Thus for us avid gamers of the Duke we thought we were getting a good solid game. Alas, sadly, that wasn't the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

What is the actual story as regards the projected release date right now?

On another note I'm very excited for the Shenmue 1 + 2 remaster. Not too long now before we go looking for them "sailors" again. ;)

"Sailors? What do you want with them?"
    "No reason. I just want to talk to them." :L

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this similar too yakuza ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

Is this similar too yakuza ?

So people say. :) They get compared a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Release date has been announced at Gamescon

27th August 2019

I'll believe it when I see it but looks like light at the end of the tunnel.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Release date has been announced at Gamescon

27th August 2019

I'll believe it when I see it but looks like light at the end of the tunnel.

New trailer too, its available on the Kickstarter update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2267518?ref=email

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I see....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I see....

I coulnd't agree more after watching that trailer.

Kiith wrote: »
    I coulnd't agree more after watching that trailer.

Locations look great, the facial animation on the other hand still needs work.

Edit: Youtube version is up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Locations look great, the facial animation on the other hand still needs work.

You know, unlike a lot of people I couldn't care less how it looks as long as it comes out and they can finish the story. I think people expect too much from what is a modestly funded product and not a triple A product. If it came out looking like the dreamcast games I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

1 and 2 are out today aren't they? Anybody picking them up? Loved 2 on the Dreamcast but not sure they'll hold up.

Ars have a review of the package here. It kinda confirms my fears, but I'm still tempted :D

New trailer released today at Magic Monaco:

https://youtu.be/E1hkhIIqzNU

I think it looks great, modern but very similar to the original games.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Yeah it definitely felt like the old games, the NPCs look amazing

Delayed until 19th November for more refinement. Tough time for it to release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They can keep delaying it, still haven't managed to push through the first game again!

Advertisement