Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue 3 (Kickstarter)

Options

Comments

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Because of the Epic/Steam situation?

No, I don't have a problem with the epic store. I refunded because I paid for the physical PC version so when they took the game off the disc there was no way I was paying that for an empty box, especially as the digital version was only $30. Couldn't justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

No, I don't have a problem with the epic store. I refunded because I paid for the physical PC version so when they took the game off the disc there was no way I was paying that for an empty box, especially as the digital version was only $30. Couldn't justify it.

That’s fair enough, I’m PS4 all the way and looking forward to my World Telecom 80 dollar tier. I felt after that was just collectibles and tat that I wasn’t interested in.

Did you play the trial version?

That’s fair enough, I’m PS4 all the way and looking forward to my World Telecom 80 dollar tier. I felt after that was just collectibles and tat that I wasn’t interested in.

Did you play the trial version?
    I played a bit of it, just some lucky strike and found the guy with the scar.

It was a bit rough but there's no denying its heritage. Can't see the longtime fans being disappointed with the full game.

I played a bit of it, just some lucky strike and found the guy with the scar.

It was a bit rough but there's no denying its heritage. Can't see the longtime fans being disappointed with the full game.

Should be deadly although I have concerns over the fighting system.

Yu definitely seems to have left polishing the game until last so I’d say the final product will look terrific considering the budget involved.

Dispatch emails are going out soon. Feels like there’s a high possibility that Kickstarter physical copy backers will get the game before the digital download release or retail release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Dispatch emails are going out soon. Feels like there’s a high possibility that Kickstarter physical copy backers will get the game before the digital download release or retail release.

It would make sense, plus i still expect a fairly important day 1 patch. So it's probably best to wait for launch day.

Parawind wrote: »
    It would make sense, plus i still expect a fairly important day 1 patch. So it's probably best to wait for launch day.

NOT A CHANCE, I’m putting the disc in ASAP!

(Plus, preview copies are already up to Version 1.02 so retail copies may not be Version 1.00 or a patch might be ready straight away)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think I've check 3 or 4 times in the last months just to make sure the survey stuff is still right.

Yep still says PlayStation digital and still Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm after getting 6 emails in the last 10 mins about the launch trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=259RtvcEuRo&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

RasTa wrote: »

Got my shipping notice earlier too. Might have it on Friday.

• Advertisement

Got my shipping notice earlier too. Might have it on Friday.

It’s coming from the UK, great chance of getting it by Friday.

Launch trailer looks amazing, Niao Sun is a mental looking character, better than the concept art of her. Lan Di looks much closer to what I would have expected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RasTa wrote: »

What are you up to now, I was at 4 emails when I read your post now I'm at 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

15 it finished at

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forgot to confirm my address. Even though I went for the PS4 version I won't play it until the Steam release.

Might give me time to play and finish 1 and 2 :pac:

God dang, no post today :(

God dang, no post today :(

When did yours ship? I got a shipping confirmation on Wednesday and was hoping the same as yourself that it would arrive today. (In work right now, so no idea if the post arrived yet.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Parawind wrote: »
    When did yours ship? I got a shipping confirmation on Wednesday and was hoping the same as yourself that it would arrive today. (In work right now, so no idea if the post arrived yet.)

I think it is being held until Tuesday, according to the latest KS update.

No sign of my copy today either.

I think it is being held until Tuesday, according to the latest KS update.

No sign of my copy today either.

AOE2:DE weekend it is so.

I got the dispatch email on Wednesday also, my impression was that it’s in the post and I still think that, 2 days from the UK would be on the quick side.

I’ll keep an eye on Shenmue Dojo. Wish Xtra Vision were still around, they didn’t care too much about release dates unless it was FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

I used Parcel Wizard to deliver it, and they say they have it in the van and I should get it within the next 2 hours or so.

Unfortunately won't get to play it until Monday at the earliest :(

Edit: It was a stupid book which I forgot I purchased :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I really want to play this, but all I have going into it is a hazy memory of the second one. I bought the first 2 again, but gave up about 6 hours into the first one as I was running around that town trying to find something that was just not being found. Also found it a slog up to that point, and can't face any more 'run into this part of town, run to that part of town, oh look it's late, go home and try again tomorrow'. Only had 1 actual fight with a sailor in the street and it was over so quick.

I'm tempted to skip the first and start into the second, but I've never played the first and was hoping to go through it. Is there anything like on older generations where I can get a save that skips all the boring stuff at the start and gets me into the action, or is the first game not like that at all?

I really want to play this, but all I have going into it is a hazy memory of the second one. I bought the first 2 again, but gave up about 6 hours into the first one as I was running around that town trying to find something that was just not being found. Also found it a slog up to that point, and can't face any more 'run into this part of town, run to that part of town, oh look it's late, go home and try again tomorrow'. Only had 1 actual fight with a sailor in the street and it was over so quick.

I'm tempted to skip the first and start into the second, but I've never played the first and was hoping to go through it. Is there anything like on older generations where I can get a save that skips all the boring stuff at the start and gets me into the action, or is the first game not like that at all?

It’s not that kind of game, it’s slow paced while you discover the secrets of the mirror and trying to find more about Lan Di.

It is a bit of a slog by modern standards and no time skip doesn’t help. Might be best to rattle through Dobuita as much as you can, the game opens up a lot when you go to the Harbour part of the game.

If you know where to go, the game is shorter than it looks and you have more action to look forward to in Shenmue 2.

You also have Shenmue The Movie if you really want to skip ahead.

I feel like I'm close to the harbour, iirc, so might give it another spin. If I get sick of it again, I'll do the movie! Cheers folks!

I feel like I'm close to the harbour, iirc, so might give it another spin. If I get sick of it again, I'll do the movie! Cheers folks!

Being closer to the harbour means the pure joy of being closer to
    driving forklifts
    :pac:

Ok, I read up on a walkthrough, and I'm at the 'Find Charlie' stage, which was driving me mad, but now I know I needed to rest as this entire scene plays out over a few days. That's why I couldn't progress, I just thought I couldn't find him!

My backer copy has arrived this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Anyone know if Argos will be stocking this for PS4? It's not on their website.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Argos will be stocking this for PS4? It's not on their website.

Thanks
    It's available for pre-order on the Argos UK website. Argos IE don't do pre-orders so you'll have to wait for it to appear there.

Advertisement