Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardaí find pistol & Silencer in Blanch.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Wearing tinfoil hats only will increase the radio signals.:D:D It's why us old timers used to put tinfoi strips on our old indoor "rabbit ears" B&W portable tellies back when I were a lad in the 70's and 80's.:) You need somthing like lead to stop radio signals...Well at least your hat wont fly off in a high wind.:p

You need a hat that works as a faraday cage for the right wavelengths but let the positive waves in, that's why we Pastafarians wear a colanders on our heads.

nevadalicense.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I thought that was the traditional headwear of the followers of his flying noodleleness?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I thought that was the traditional headwear of the followers of his flying noodleleness?

It is traditional, but also practical. Not so much for rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Silence when you mention his name aloud!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

Cass wrote: »
    By the way cars is just the tip of the Iceberg.

Ireland has it's budget "okay-ed" by Germany/EU. We paid back the bondholders to the tune of billions, bailed out he banks by borrowing huge sums of cash from Europe because they told us to do so, and the leader of FF said that Sovereignty is an outdated notion and backward thinking.

We are in the midst of the worst housing crisis ever but our politicians are fudging the numbers so as not to declare an emergency but at the same time they declare a climate emergency as an excuse to raise taxes and introduce more carbon taxes. Our health system is in shambles, and we are rocked by scandal after scandal from within our Government and police force and the perpetrators of it are not only free to do as they wish, but set up with cushy EU jobs that will add hundreds of thousands of Euro to their already substantial pensions.

Ireland has lost its way. Within 100 years of gaining our independence we have voluntarily surrendered it to a super state of unelected leaders that dictate the rose coloured world politics they want instead of what is happening.

The Irish are either very blinkered or very thick (i'm leaning towards the second option, national stereotype and all that). Ask anyone here, people at work or relations or whatever about the eu, and they will tell you its the best thing since sliced bread. There were three people in my area who were euro-sceptic standing to be elected as mep's. The votes they got were pathetic. Personally i think if the eu doesn't change very quickly for the better, the italians or the french or some of the eastern european countries, who refused to take their quota of refugees, will sink it.

Cass wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those tin foil hat wearing, EDL supporting, Doc Marten/Bomber jacket wearing, conspiracy nuts that hates anything EU because it's the EU.

We [citizens] don't seem to get the full benefit of being EU members but do get most of the bills.

Look into the whole Bilderberg thing and maybe a tinfoil hat might be wise. How many Irish head to it ? Quite a few, whats discussed ? What deals are done ? Why is it secret ? No one is told, yet i think coveney was there with peter sutherland while being paid by the irish taxpayer, so we have some right to know.

Yet Mehole Martin and his tribe will bellow on about the proud Republicanism tradition and freedom ,and the men and women of 1916...Blah,blah,blah. If the signatories of the proclimation could be alive again.They'd proably call the whole thing off and say why bother?

I have to agree, we have simply swapped the union flag for that blue rag with stars on it. Our parliament is a toothless joke, just like the irish parliament was until the act of union, instead of London, its now Brussels that rules us, the parallel is exact as Sherlock Holmes said.

Advertisement