Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

No more a magnet for cranks than a trip advisor review I would think.

Precisely, and while they're are negative reviews over trivial matters, unjust ones too.. the best service providers are still well reviewed. Good professionals of any discipline, shouldn't be afraid of a public review system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

I did a quick google. and was inclined to agree with the statement of a HIgh Court Judge, who noted that the internet is "an easy, inexpensive and instant means of "allowing unscrupulous persons or ill-motivated malcontents to vent their anger and grievances against people, where their allegations are patently untrue and unreasonable"
    Some of whom were fellow solicitors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Suckit wrote: »
    Shatter was on SOR this morning and said that as a solicitor he would have asked his client if they understood what they were suing for, what the outcome may be and to go over ever little detail etc.
    He said that he would have serious questions for whatever part member or lawyer gave her legal advice.

Hopefully Madigan is hung with her.

Fair enough but in all honesty the very idea of having to seek legal advice in this circumstance to ascertain if you have a winnable case is a real stretch and a gross insult of one's intelligence.She simply had no case,your average layperson would know same.

I can not for the life of me understand why on earth she would in the first instance seek legal advice in this circumstance and then proceed to blame her solicitor.

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Some of whom were fellow solicitors
    No more a magnet for cranks than a trip advisor review I would think.
    I really don't know. But stressful experiences of litigation can leave one far less disposed to a feeling of goodwill than if that person had just spent a relaxing weekend in a 4-star or 5-star resort.

And, on the other hand, those resorts tend to not to be a magnet for cranks and contrarians. Solicitors are.
    givyjoe wrote: »
    Precisely, and while they're are negative reviews over trivial matters, unjust ones too.. the best service providers are still well reviewed. Good professionals of any discipline, shouldn't be afraid of a public review system.
    I suppose it all depends on sample size. A small practice in the outer suburbs will probably attract a greater proportion of crankish behaviour than that of a large firm on the Quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

And yet Frances Fitzgerald gets in on a huge majority??

What is wrong with people??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

pinkyeye wrote: »

What did Frances Fitz do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The involvement of a second bottle is just a conspiracy theory. We may never really know what happened there that night, but if the cctv is released, I am sure that we will see that she fell back and to the left. Back, and to the left. It was a lone bottle people - there was no magic phone either. Was there someone else on the grassy area? Yes, there are reports of TDs being in the area, but don't get distracted by Josepha Madigan - she's just a patsy.

pinkyeye wrote: »

Explain "yet". You seem to be using that word as a conjunctive without explaining why.

The involvement of a second bottle is just a conspiracy theory. We may never really know what happened there that night, but if the cctv is released, I am sure that we will see that she fell back and to the left. Back, and to the left. It was a lone bottle people - there was no magic phone either. Was there someone else on the grassy area? Yes, there are reports of TDs being in the area, but don't get distracted by Josepha Madigan - she's just a patsy.
    Go to bed, hun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Go to bed, hun

Stop quoting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

This sounds so familiar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Some people in the public eye, politicians or not are very good at brazening it out.

They know most issues are a nine day wonder, and all forgotten about when the next big thing happens.

This case is the same. But it looks like a witch hunt to me, and I have no gra for FG believe me.

I wonder how many PI cases have been taken by elected politicians in the last ten years say? Quite a few I'd imagine, and yet this woman is vilified.

To say she was naive, ill advised, arrogant whatever, is an understatement. Idiot should have known better. But she is not alone I'd guess as an elected member in taking a case for PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,423 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This case is the same. But it looks like a witch hunt to me, and I have no gra for FG believe me.
    I wonder how many PI cases have been taken by elected politicians in the last ten years say? Quite a few I'd imagine, and yet this woman is vilified.
    To say she was naive, ill advised, arrogant whatever, is an understatement. Idiot should have known better. But she is not alone I'd guess as an elected member in taking a case for PI.

Any politician who brought a PI case where they lied in their submission deserves to be villified.
    Nothing wrong with a legit PI case.

If a politician or public figure wriggles off the hook or manages to brazen it out thats one that got away.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Prime Time shortly to feature update on MB case. Tune in folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Is she the Jack Ruby of this conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

seligehgit wrote: »
    I can not for the life of me understand why on earth she would in the first instance seek legal advice in this circumstance and then proceed to blame her solicitor.

I don't know this. I am surmising from some posts in this thread, and coming to conclusions of my own.
    Maria Bailey was in the Dean with Josepha Madigan and maybe others.
    She went to grab a bottle of wine from one of the people she was with and fell.
    It is possible then, that Josepha Madigan suggest she could sue, as the mere idea of swings being an acceptable seat in a licenced premises, and not expect anybody to get hurt is absurd.
    She then began proceedings, where the wording was changed for whatever reason, to include the fact that there were no instructions and no supervision for the swing.
    They also included the wrong date, as she was on TV the morning after the court papers date. The fact that she could not run at all for 3 months was included, and that was claimed to be a mistake, but it was not ellaborated what it should have said instead.

Prime Time just started, Gonna talk about Maria Bailey as the 2nd story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Have a look at this CCTV. Utterly shocking. How anyone could submit a personal injury claim for this tip is beyond me. Glad this sort of shíte acting is being highlighted. There needs to be personal punishment for it, not simply awarding costs against the insurance company.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/watch-couples-personal-injury-claims-dismissed-after-cctv-of-minor-tip-shown-in-court-38164003.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

Have a look at this CCTV. Utterly shocking. How anyone could submit a personal injury claim for this tip is beyond me. Glad this sort of shíte acting is being highlighted. There needs to be personal punishment for it, not simply awarding costs against the insurance company.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/watch-couples-personal-injury-claims-dismissed-after-cctv-of-minor-tip-shown-in-court-38164003.html
    I know. The car didn't even move!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The issue is, people will continue to make claims if there is no comeback.

These fraudsters should be fined, heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What did Frances Fitz do?

Lied in the Dail, you know this, you've asked about 75 times any time her name is mentioned.

• Advertisement

Did you see the photos of Alan Farrells car? And read the account of what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Have a look at this CCTV. Utterly shocking. How anyone could submit a personal injury claim for this tip is beyond me. Glad this sort of sh acting is being highlighted. There needs to be personal punishment for it, not simply awarding costs against the insurance company.

GDRP??

Is GDRP only applicable to the great unwashed?

On Prime Time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That was brief.

Sounds like the loss of the chairmanship will be the sanction Fine Gael hope will to pacify an angry public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Seems the Indo has no intention of letting it drop. Poor MB, she seems to stand to loose a damn sight more than the amount she was hoping to defraud the Deans insurers of.

seligehgit wrote: »
    That was brief.

Sounds like the loss of the chairmanship will be the sanction Fine Gael hope will to pacify an angry public.

Yeah very brief. I don't think in this instance, that people will be happy until she's gone.
    Where that goddam cctv footage. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Lied in the Dail, you know this, you've asked about 75 times any time her name is mentioned.

Maybe Wheelie had an accident and is suffering memory loss. Potential claim, maybe someone in FG could advise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

She can brazen this out.

Vlad can sanction her.

She could resign from the Committee.

Which of the above do you think will happen?

There is certainly a lot of media coverage of this but what will it achieve at the end of the day if there are absolutely no sanctions for false or spurious claims. That is the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Seems like Fine Gael are always media firefighting female FG TDs sitting on things they shouldn't. Thank God the other one didn't sue Tom Barry for a personal injury after being pulled into a sharp object....

They're some shower of ****es. The whole chamber.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Resigning the chair certainly will not be good enough in this instance. The radio interview and blatent lies has destroyed any chance of sympathy that she might have got.

Leo thinks it will blow over. He is badly mistaken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement