Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Kw19 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.

@kw19 I’m sure it will be fine! Fingers crossed, and not a bad idea re letter from physio

Conscious of being a melter here, apologies in advance, i know this will have been asked 100’s of times before here re district allocation but would really like an accurate answer from those who have been through it before:

1. How many preferences of district are you allowed / required to give?

2. Is each preference weighted equally or ordered 1 2 3 etc

3. is it better to list as many districts you can that suit you or just stick with 1 or 2 and hope you get allocated there?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Cml29 wrote: »
    Conscious of being a melter here, apologies in advance, i know this will have been asked 100’s of times before here re district allocation but would really like an accurate answer from those who have been through it before:

1. How many preferences of district are you allowed / required to give?

2. Is each preference weighted equally or ordered 1 2 3 etc

3. is it better to list as many districts you can that suit you or just stick with 1 or 2 and hope you get allocated there?

Up to 4 choices of district
    Equally weighted
    However keep in mind you may not get any of the 4 you selected. I wasn’t given any of my 4 choices, it’s not really an issue for me but I know a few other people on my intake were very disappointed, just something to keep in mind.

Up to 4 choices of district
    Equally weighted
    However keep in mind you may not get any of the 4 you selected. I wasn’t given any of my 4 choices, it’s not really an issue for me but I know a few other people on my intake were very disappointed, just something to keep in mind.

Thanks for the reply :) there are 4/5 districts that definitely suit me better than the others but yeah i suppose if you want it enough you’ll work anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Cml29 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :) there are 4/5 districts that definitely suit me better than the others but yeah i suppose if you want it enough you’ll work anywhere!

Yeah my thoughts exactly, it’s taken me too long to get here, not going to complain really lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

There are certain districts you can choose that will help ensure that you not get another

YNWA27 wrote: »
    There are certain districts you can choose that will help ensure that you not get another

Hey Ynwa27, what do you mean? Are you able to explain more on here? Sounds interesting

Any guys still on 1710 ML score under 300ML in 1810?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

Yeah, I'm low 200s for 1810

L85a3 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm low 200s for 1810

Are you live in 1710 ML?

• Advertisement

Are you live in 1710 ML?

Yep, i'm guessing I'm going to be the next intake.

Great so there will be some re-shuffling going on then

Great so there will be some re-shuffling going on then

Has to be, when 1810 went live 1710 were encouraged to reapply to enhance their chances. I would say there's a fair amount from 1710 who applied for 1810, also so their merit pool will drop dramatically once 1710 is all through and taken off 1810.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

Any calls today folks?

Orbital1 wrote: »
    Any calls today folks?

Deadline for my batch of the initial online course is tomorrow so I would say maybe Thursday or Friday for calls going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

Any truth in the rumour they are doing another intake after 1810?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cladav32

Orbital1 wrote: »
    Any calls today folks?

Are we expecting calls this week?i thought calls came every 5 weeks which would be next week from the last set.

cladav32 wrote: »
    Are we expecting calls this week?i thought calls came every 5 weeks which would be next week from the last set.

Couldn't tell you, I thought it was the last week of every month...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Does anyone know if calls have started for July?

• Advertisement

I'm probably wrong about the calls for today/tomorrow. I don't really pay much attention to when the usually go out. Was just guessing because of the online course deadline really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Any calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

Dont think so

Should be out this week

Whats your ML?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Dont think so

Should be out this week

Whats your ML?

900ish

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

Passed every stage of the process but now is it just simply a case of waiting for a call or do you receive confirmation of passing everything by email with any further info?

Passed every stage of the process but now is it just simply a case of waiting for a call or do you receive confirmation of passing everything by email with any further info?

No correspondence... Welcome to the waiting room! What's your merit bracket?

Ml 950-1050 it's been a long wait but worth it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Hi all,

I was hoping someone here could help. I'm in the 1810 campaign with a merit list number of 860-880. I know the timescales for the two campaigns will be different. But could anyone give me a rough estimate as to how long I might be waiting for a PCA date? I ask because I might be starting a new job in September that could take me away for a few months and getting home wont be often.

They have gotten up to around 220 on the 1810 list I think but we have no idea how long it will take or how quick they going to process people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Nova1999

Calls going out

Advertisement