Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Peatys wrote: »
    If everywhere smells like sh time to check your own shoes.

Sums it up neatly indeed.

The Irish voter seems very reluctant to do this unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think some FG politicians are doing very good job (before mentioned Kate O'Connell and Simon Coveney are good example) but it was pretty clear that they have very little appetite to reign in insurance claims. This will hurt them and deservedly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Not my game, but is there 'offside' in GAA?

Exactly. No there's not..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The pat personal response suggests you don't actually have a response to the point itself.

pat personal? Low-quality Fine Gael strikes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Yurt! wrote: »
    pat personal? Low-quality Fine Gael strikes again.
    Unable to addree the point itself also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Any chance of being able to listen to this interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

SOR posted out that her medical insurance would surely cover some of them. However, at the Swiftcare Clinics VHI ask to to sign a form (can’t recall exactly) if the injury is to form part of a legal claim. I suspect the medical insurers would be asking to have medical expenses claim against them compensated out of a successful court case.

All insurers would do that. It's subrogation. If you get hurt in a car accident, and there's a claim in against the others insurance company, you'd be expected to pay back the health insurer once the claim is paid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The point being you're low-quality.

Care to debate that point? Derpdeederp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

titan18 wrote: »
    All insurers would do that. It's subrogation. If you get hurt in a car accident, and there's a claim in against the others insurance company, you'd be expected to pay back the health insurer once the claim is paid out.

So she had already decided to make a claim irrespective of the medical costs. So she's lying. It wasn't only to recoup medical costs, as she's claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭buried

Hurrache wrote: »
    Ah c'mon. That level of paranoia can't be healthy.

Yeah your right. I should sue Fine Gael for breaking my brain with their spin swing

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

correction wrote: »
    Any chance of being able to listen to this interview?

It's been posted in this thread already or just look up Sean O'Rourke's twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Over 7,000 listens on Soundcloud by the time I started listening to it. Only 12 minutes in and I can't believe what I'm hearing

where's the soundcloud link? Could do with a laugh while eating my lunch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

lawred2 wrote:

If you have the RTE news app, it's on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Car crash interview. Derserves a spot on reeling in the years 2019. This one is an absolute spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

lawred2 wrote: »
    Will this do you? Link to interview on RTE site.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0527/1051931-maria-bailey/

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Can't wait to listen to that interview, sounds brilliant. She is finished now hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

she's trending on Twitter now... never a good sign for a politician to be trending.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

lawred2 wrote: »

https://soundcloud.com/rte-radio-1/maria-bailey-1?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

16k listens now

Regarding health insurance and litigation:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/vhi-claim-complicated-by-legal-action-1.549754%3fmode=amp

Quote:

“The undertaking requires the claimant’s solicitor to undertake to reimburse VHI Healthcare for all medical expenses incurred on their member’s behalf in the event of a successful legal action”

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

When SOR pointed out she ran the 10k in a pretty good time, she said "Not for me".

Balls.ie found her results for the race, as well as previous years' results.

https://www.balls.ie/athletics/maria-bailey-laments-poor-10km-time-411273
    In truth however, a time of 53:56 (gross result) was no small feat, given she was racing just three weeks after sustaining a fall from a swing in a Dublin hotel and undergoing "intensive physio" in the build-up. Not only that but when we consider her time in previous years, her 2015 performance was quite impressive. The result was only 44 seconds slower than her time of 53:12 (gross result) in 2014 and far above her 2012 performance, when she ran a time of 58 minutes and 20 seconds.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Reminiscent of the kettle calling the pot black ass, other than commenting on everything and anything else rather than what appears to be a dodgy insurance claim, you seem more interested in posting waffle in an attempt at getting people's goats up.

Why it's continually let slide is a mystery, but fair play TRoL, just keep doing what you do horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I really cannot believe my ears. She's an absolute mess of a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Penn wrote: »
    When SOR pointed out she ran the 10k in a pretty good time, she said "Not for me".

Prescribed painkillers messing with her memory, obvs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

That interview.......Jaysus Wept....pure and utter spin and playing the victim, every excuse under the sun trotted out in just under 21 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Her legal team need to have a word with her. Either she lied to them or they submitted a case knowing their client had caused her own accident. She told SOR she had a beer in one hand and was reaching for her friends drink with the other hand . I'm amazed she actually went on radio to try and explain herself. She made it worse if that was possible.
    As for Leo I doubt he will do anything, all mouth no substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

I grew up on the gaa sidelines and I play fair and not OFFSIDE a ha ha ha ha

Had to replay that to make sure that's what she said - PMSL!

jaysus just started listening and the first line out of her trap was a lie.. Not even one line did she manage without a lie..

she was not looking 'only' for her medical expenses... her expenses were in itself inexplicable but parking that - even the inexplicable medical costs only amounted to 7K - she was suing for almost 10 times that.

What an abject disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement