Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 L85a3

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Who Is exicted about that last email?

Won't be long now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Starsky1

L85a3 wrote: »
    Won't be long now :)

Woop woop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Toots123

So pleased for all you guys getting started in the next few months. Hopefully we will be in the same boat in the not too distant future.
    Still patiently waiting our Merit Numbers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

Toots123 wrote: »
    So pleased for all you guys getting started in the next few months. Hopefully we will be in the same boat in the not too distant future.
    Still patiently waiting our Merit Numbers!!

It'll come toots, Won't be long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RedtopXCV

That’s the 1810 merit list out now. I scored 380-400. Anyone able to give a rough time frame from their experience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

RedtopXCV wrote: »
    That’s the 1810 merit list out now. I scored 380-400. Anyone able to give a rough time frame from their experience?

1710 and 1810 are different and it would be foolish to expect them to marry up exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RedtopXCV

YNWA27 wrote: »
    1710 and 1810 are different and it would be foolish to expect them to marry up exactly.
    I wasn’t asking for a pin point timescale.
    I was enquiring what time scale similar scorers endured in the 1710 recruitment.

I was enquiring what time scale similar scorers endured in the 1710 recruitment.

It's all there bud on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Hey guys, anyone from the June intake struggling with online learning? I’m being told that I haven’t been enrolled in any of the online courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

Hey guys, anyone from the June intake struggling with online learning? I’m being told that I haven’t been enrolled in any of the online courses?

Same here

• Advertisement

Slatprh wrote: »
    Same here

Maybe they haven’t opened the courses yet, I just remember reading that they would be active on our induction day. I’ll leave it until Monday and then try contact them

Maybe they haven’t opened the courses yet, I just remember reading that they would be active on our induction day. I’ll leave it until Monday and then try contact them

What online learning is this? I've done an online learning course already but havnt got an intake date.
    Is this the extra online learning after induction or what?

L85a3 wrote: »
    What online learning is this? I've done an online learning course already but havnt got an intake date.
    Is this the extra online learning after induction or what?

Yeah there’s an extra couple of online courses to do between induction day and start date, you wont get access until after you receive an offer

Yeah there’s an extra couple of online courses to do between induction day and start date, you wont get access until after you receive an offer

Ahh that's ok then, started to worry there, thought I'd maybe missed 'the call' and didn't leave a message 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Hi guys. I have a medical upcoming. Was wondering for anyone that has went through it what does the hearing aspect entail or what method is used to assess it? All help greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 B00724991 mc

U are placed in what is kind of a soundproof box with headphones on u are given a device to click on every time u hear a pulse of noise in your ear each ear is tested separately only tip I have is to close your eyes during it helps your hearing or at least I think it does good luck

If in doubt. Click the button

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

U are placed in what is kind of a soundproof box with headphones on u are given a device to click on every time u hear a pulse of noise in your ear each ear is tested separately only tip I have is to close your eyes during it helps your hearing or at least I think it does good luck

Do they just test you with over ear headphones or do they also use one of those inner ear devices which sit on the boney bit at the back of your ear? Can’t think of what it is called... it’s used to measure your inner ear. Most audiologists seem to use both at a hearing test

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Andy smith

Have you done it before?

Andy smith wrote: »

Have you done it before?

Same method, armed forces medical

• Advertisement

Same method, armed forces medical

The MO tried to tell me I was deaf, AFCO nurse forgot to plug in the button haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Almost too scared to ask this but does anyone know if an ACL repair is an automatic fail at medical?

I know it is for the armed forces, hopefully PSNI are more lenient. It’s a pretty common sports injury so hoping for a positive answer

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunafish123

Hi there, people who roughly scored in your ML were in the 5th and 6th intake so Dec 18 and Feb 19 ( there was no jan 19 intake). Obviously the two campaigns are different but that should give you an idea. All the best with your next stages.

Hey Guys just wondering could anybody that has been through the process hazard a guess when im likely "all being well and passed" get the call to start. Im in merit 140-160 . 1810 process just passed AC
    I know ever year is different but just an approximation would do.
    Thanks in advance x

Work on a conservative number of 50 per intake.

Given that people with fail stages and some 1810 fast track and some some high scoring non fast trackers are still live 1710.

Means that you will almost certainly be 3rd intake 1810. If not reserve for 4th intake. If you pass all remaining stages.

As there is confusion as to when 1810 intakes will start the time cannot be guess- timated. But if our email (1810) is accurate i.e. 1810 starting in August 2019. You'd be looking at oct/nov 2019

Work on a conservative number of 50 per intake.

Given that people with fail stages and some 1810 fast track and some some high scoring non fast trackers are still live 1710.

Means that you will almost certainly be 3rd intake 1810. If not reserve for 4th intake. If you pass all remaining stages.

As there is confusion as to when 1810 intakes will start the time cannot be guess- timated. But if our email (1810) is accurate i.e. 1810 starting in August 2019. You'd be looking at oct/nov 2019
    Thank you thats what i was thinking myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kw19

Cml29 wrote: »
    Almost too scared to ask this but does anyone know if an ACL repair is an automatic fail at medical?

I know it is for the armed forces, hopefully PSNI are more lenient. It’s a pretty common sports injury so hoping for a positive answer

I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.

I’m in the same boat with the ACL repair. Fingers crossed it shouldn’t be an issue. For when you get to the medical phase, bring an up to date report from a physio to outline that your knee is in good health and that you’re capable of doing physical activity without any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Orbital1

Kw19 wrote: »

I know that in same cases such as this, a dispute and can settled by a passed PCA not sure if it is still like this anymore though...

Advertisement