Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Parliament Elections 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Nervous weekend for Lynn Boylan....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Nervous weekend for Lynn Boylan....

Depends on transfers, I'd say Fitzgerald is in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fann Linn wrote: »
    GP looking to top the seat in Dublin and in the mix for Munster and Ulster NW according to Red C exit polls.
    They could take it. Herself and Ming I would guess in the shootout for the last seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

9% between the two FF in Connacht/ Ulster, and also faring out badly elsewhere. I love it.
    Time for MM to go.

Sheeps wrote: »
    Should be OK as she has Durkan on 5% and could expect some from White as well. Boylan is in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Mad number for Cuffe in Dublin 23%
    Delighted FitzGerald FG bombed and FF too
    Labour bombed beaten by SD
    Daly ahead of Boylan SF

Though the poll is +/-4%

Ming did bad 10%
    Casey bad too 7%
    Greens doing well in all 3 Euros and the LE's (9%)

All the lunatics on all Euro ballots apparently ~0-1% ish (exc Casey)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I would usually vote FG however I only gave them number 4 and 5. I knew Kelly would be safe anyway. Green's and Mick got my one and two. I don't particularly like either but to be honest PESCO has done damage to FG and FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

481099.png

481100.png

481101.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Delighted my numbers 1,2,3 polling well.
    Flanagan
    McHugh
    Carthy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Gave my #1 to Grace O'Sullivan (Greens) in the South. Really hope she gets a seat.

As did I. Challenge will be to stick to green principles in coming years as they get the opportunity to influence governance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Nobelium wrote: »
    The only vote worthy of any respect these days . .

126.jpg

Looks like you got the wrong ballot paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Amazing by the Greens. I voted #1 McHugh, but I thought she was a no hoper.

Maybe the horse will learn to sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sheeps wrote: »

Fitzgerald has Durkan to give transfers.

Absolutely delighted for the Greens. Three seats are definitely in the mix because they are so transfer-friendly.

There may be a missed opportunity at local level because of a lack of candidates.

Sinn Fein could hold all three seats, but equally, could lose two of the three seats. Will be a nervous weekend for them. Boylan is definitely in trouble, and Liadh Ni Riadh in the South will need FF transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,870 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Delighted to see greens doing so well, have to say I am surprised I thought Cuffe might get a seat but potentially topping the poll wowsers!

How is GOD getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gmisk wrote: »
    Delighted to see greens doing so well, have to say I am surprised I thought Cuffe might get a seat but potentially topping the poll wowsers!

How is GOD getting on?

Only just realised the influence those initials have had on that psyche! :rolleyes:

gmisk wrote: »

How is GOD getting on?

Who now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Delighted my numbers 1,2,3 polling well.
    Flanagan
    McHugh
    Carthy

Flanagan and Carthy are way down on last time, they have not polled well at all if the exit poll is anything close to accurate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Green Party dancing around the room on those results , even beating Labour in the locals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Seems like Walshe got decimated. Her bubbly videos just weren't enough. I love how she stated she was strong on the Environment and then when questioned on Twitter if she was part of any volunteer groups or initiatives she went totally silent. We hear you Finna Gael, loud and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Christy42

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    481099.png

481100.png

481101.png

Rte has Gannon on 6% as opposed to 3% in that pic. Which has it wrong or is there a reason for the difference? Not that either makes it likely he will get in.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Flanagan and Carthy are way down on last time, they have not polled well at all if the exit poll is anything close to accurate.
    +/- 3% MOE in the poll. He was on 17% the last time so not a lot. Ming seems to have lost half and may be in trouble.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Seems like Walshe got decimated. Her bubbly videos just weren't enough. I love how she stated she was strong on the Environment and then when questioned on Twitter if she was part of any volunteer groups or initiatives she went totally silent. We hear you Finna Gael, loud and clear.

She's currently in line to take the 4th seat.

'decimated' yet she could poll better than sitting MEP Ming.

To be decimated you have to have a base at which to start at. She's polling around what was predicted if this exit poll is accurate.

Honestly the nonsense people make up to suit their own narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Christy42 wrote: »
    Rte has Gannon on 6% as opposed to 3% in that pic. Which has it wrong or is there a reason for the difference? Not that either makes it likely he will get in.

SDs 3% in local elections, and also overall European percentage, which equates to 6% in Dublin, given he's the sole candidate.

Decimated? Two polls before the election showed her at 10% as does this one. The McGuinness surplus could well put her in a position to be elected.

Green Party dancing around the room on those results , even beating Labour in the locals!

Labour? There's still a Labour party?

Seriously, our local ballot was a long, long list (mostly loopers) but... no Labour candidate.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Faugheen wrote:
    She's currently in line to take the 4th seat...

Na, Casey's and FF transfers will go to ming

Faugheen wrote: »
    She's currently in line to take the 4th seat...
    If the surplus works well in her favour the 3rd seat. McHugh v Ming more likely for the final seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Inquitus wrote:

Still in the mix for seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Na, Casey's and FF transfers will go to ming

Don't forget her surplus transfers from McGuinness.

• Advertisement

Seems like Walshe got decimated.

Indeed, she may have missed a tenth of the support she expected, kudos on your latin.

Ming, however, got beaten on those numbers.

Advertisement