Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

Does everyone have to be there at 9 am or just what ever time you picked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Is it the medical assessment or the fitness test the next stage?

Stage 4

Is the leaving cert brought to this stage or the next?

Stage 3

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Did everyone finish the verbal test?
    I ran out of time with 1 question to go,does this mean I’m out because I didn’t finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Arod13 wrote: »
    I ran out of time with 1 question to go,does this mean I’m out because I didn’t finish?

No your still in.....you will be scored on the ones you have completed.
    I reckon plenty of people have not completed them in the required time but still pass.

JJss1988 wrote: »

No your still in.....you will be scored on the ones you have completed.
    I reckon plenty of people have not completed them in the required time but still pass.
    Thank you.1more second and I would of submitted the final answer but I’m sure a few ppl will be in the same boat.

• Advertisement

Thank you.1more second and I would of submitted the final answer but I’m sure a few ppl will be in the same boat.

I wouldn’t worry about it.....plenty will have done the same or answered even less.
    Was many at your session?seems to be a lot missing from them?

JJss1988 wrote: »

I wouldn’t worry about it.....plenty will have done the same or answered even less.
    Was many at your session?seems to be a lot missing from them?
    Think there was about 23 at it.the session in after,we had the orientation with them,seemed smaller again,18 maybe.

Think there was about 23 at it.the session in after,we had the orientation with them,seemed smaller again,18 maybe.

Seems to be very low numbers overall

Seems to be very low numbers overall[/quote]
    I’m starting to get that impression.i thought maybe it was just the time slot I was in but after seeing the next group and you saying it I think it’s low overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

I’m starting to get that impression.i thought maybe it was just the time slot I was in but after seeing the next group and you saying it I think it’s low overall.[/QUOTE]

Same in group I was in yesterday, good few name slips left on table! But as far as I can make out there are others from last recruitment waiting to be called

• Advertisement

I’m starting to get that impression.i thought maybe it was just the time slot I was in but after seeing the next group and you saying it I think it’s low overall.

Same in group I was in yesterday, good few name slips left on table! But as far as I can make out there are others from last recruitment waiting to be called[/quote]

I honestly thought there would be 1000’s applying for the position.the officer doing the orientation talked about the amount retiring etc.who was he?he presented it very well.

What is the dress code for stage 2 ?

Phillip k wrote: »
    What is the dress code for stage 2 ?

Casual and comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

Was there calculators given out for calculation test? What stationary did you need if any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

JD1982 wrote: »
    Was there calculators given out for calculation test? What stationary did you need if any?

Calculator and stationery is provided for you.

What floor do you go to when you go in ?

Phillip k wrote: »
    What floor do you go to when you go in ?
    1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Redmonia

Well I found that horrendous. Maths I made an absolute balls of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

Redmonia wrote: »

You may have done better than you think. Besides, they're not looking for a perfect score.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

I was the exact same on Monday.
    It’s just a waiting game now😟. Anyone know when we ll hear
    the results???

• Advertisement

Don’t think like that,I thought the same in the last stage and I sat this stage yesterday!
    You’ve no idea of the pass mark either,you could be just fine.how did you find the verbal?

I was the exact same on Monday.
    It’s just a waiting game now😟. Anyone know when we ll hear
    the results???
    Within the next 2weeks I’d say,looking to start the interview’s in July.
    How did you find the verbal?

They said when my group finished verbal that we would hear in the middle of june

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Found it harder than the previous round .

Found it harder than the previous round .
    I thought the verbal was very tricky,just praying to be honest.

Can anyone explain how the scoring is done?

Last calculation test I missed two answers (timed) and passed. This time I think I got two wrong :-/

Found it frustrating to be giving a calculator unlike the one I had practiced on at home.
    Ie: hitting multiply instead of the plus sign today, because of different positioning.
    Little extra panic added 🀦ðŸ»*♂️

Last calculation test I missed two answers (timed) and passed. This time I think I got two wrong :-/

Found it frustrating to be giving a calculator unlike the one I had practiced on at home.
    Ie: hitting multiply instead of the plus sign today, because of different positioning.
    Iv no idea how the scoring is done,really wanted to know.if you knew what the pass mark was we might not be so nervous.
    I’d the same issue with the calculator.i brought my own but couldn’t use it.

How did you get in with the verbal?

I was the same. Had brought my own but couldn’t use it. My own much smaller I’m comparison to the one I was given today and buttons not in same place.

Verbal was okay, I thought I did good, but we all think differently so I’m unsure now.

• Advertisement

I was the same. Had brought my own but couldn’t use it. My own much smaller I’m comparison to the one I was given today and buttons not in same place.

Verbal was okay, I thought I did good, but we all think differently so I’m unsure now.
    Can’t understand what harm using your own calculator could do but suppose they have there rules.
    Just have to wait and see regarding the results,hard to tell because I found the verbal tricky.

Advertisement