Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare farmer objects to €8bn Intel investment...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Most of us what you are saying....... 10, 15 times ago. The PP sought by Intel is not for development on his land, but to say it has nothing to do with his land is incorrect.

If I have to fight someone to stop them from taking my property, I fight them with everything. If they then seek PP on their own land, I will fight that too, if only to ensure they are not in a stronger position to try take my land the next time.

And with every weapon too, from the important obs like entrance sight lines, to the ridiculous obs like the colour they want to paint the walls.

then your a vexatious objector , costing hundreds of people thier potential jobs and the state billions in investments.

your objections should be dismissed and your should be made libel for the cost of defending the case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭elperello

mynamejeff wrote: »
    then your a vexatious objector , costing hundreds of people thier potential jobs and the state billions in investments.

your objections should be dismissed and your should be made libel for the cost of defending the case

A planning objection which is vexatious will be dealt with in short order by the planning authority.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

elperello wrote: »
    A planning objection which is vexatious will be dealt with in short order by the planning authority.
    Just to clarify, his objection makes reference to both an NHA and an SPA (designated under the EU Birds Directive).
    His points are legitimate even if people think that he is a crank!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Would Intel not just send someone down to him to give him 'the ride'.

Cause that's all he's lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

mynamejeff wrote: »

How do you decide what's vexatious? How do you prove malice in making an ob?

Why would you want to take away the right of every citizen to make a PP ob, by holding the threat of fines or civil court costs over them?

Any obs not worth the consideration of the planners can be deemed invalid by the planners, that's their job and decision. And all done within the time frame and protocol of the planning process, so I'm not exactly sure even where these "costs" are coming from.

PS I was going to correct all the mistakes in your post, but refrained. It's easier to take a poster less seriously when you can see they haven't put any real effort into their post.

• Advertisement

Seriously though. 'The ride'?

cursai wrote: »
    Seriously though. 'The ride'?
    Are you questioning your own adolescent suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

So you don't think the attempt by the IDA on behalf of Intel to CPO his land has anything to do with his objections?

Countless farmers were CPO, d down the years, vast majority took the generous compensation and rebought elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Mad_maxx wrote:
    Countless farmers were CPO, d down the years, vast majority took the generous compensation and rebought elsewhere

For the public good, not for a private company. Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

For the public good, not for a private company. Try again.

Major economic boost = public good.

• Advertisement

greencap wrote:

I suggest you educate yourself as to the propose of a CPO. CPO is not allowed for the benefit of a private company. Try again.;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

greencap wrote: »

Reading about it there and it was the first CPO the IDA did since 1988 and even though it was blatantly obvious it was for Intel, the IDA couldn't even be honest enough to say that but instead stated they had no immediate use for the farm. No immediate use (going on what they said) does not equal needed so badly for the public good that it had to be CPOed. That's why he won and they lost.

I suggest you educate yourself as to the propose of a CPO. CPO is not allowed for the benefit of a private company. Try again.;-)

Its like a Turkey being smug about Christmas.

Hopefully Intel can re-design the facility, and still have the patience to go ahead with it.

That way Intel can have its facility, people can have jobs, the area can grow, and Worzel can keep his field, ... and be well known around town.

greencap wrote:
    That way Intel can have its facility, people can have jobs, the area can grow, and Worzel can keep his field, ... and be well known around town.

He's already well known, plus it's no harm letting big companies know they can't always have what they want.

...and Worzel can keep his field, ... and be well known around town.
    From talking to people around the area (as I live in the area), most are aware of him and agree with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

.......................................................................................................................That way Intel can have its facility, people can have jobs, the area can grow, and Worzel can keep his field, ... and be well known around town.

He is well known, and his story good enough to be made into an award winning cinema released movie. Released internationally in several languages.

And Worzel was the scarecrow, not the farmer. You should have known that Aunt Polly. greencap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

dresden8 wrote: »
    Rich man says "Gimme".

We are obliged to give.

Nah, I don't think so.

I work there and this will guarantee me and 1000s of others work for years to come. I'm certainly not rich.

Lol. You so mature. You stink of cheddar and pipesmoke.

He is well known, and his story good enough to be made into an award winning cinema released movie. Released internationally in several languages.

And Worzel was the scarecrow, not the farmer. You should have known that Aunt Polly. greencap.

Great. Now he's Braveheart.

No wonder the Irish diaspora is so big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Yet again the article refers to dogs worrying sheep. Says it all when you refer to others as 'loons'. Sense of entitlement? You don't really understand property rights do you?

I understand that property rights don’t include ‘talking’ to people on public roads while carrying a firearm.

• Advertisement

Ardillaun wrote:
    I understand that property rights don’t include ‘talking’ to people on public roads while carrying a firearm.
    Have you a point at all, or another irrelevant article?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wait, what about the whole "enormous effect on the economy and country as a whole" thing?

Exactly - what about it?

Do you think Intel has not benefited from their stint in Ireland?
    Why do you think they're here - some misty eyed sentimentality on the part of Gordon Moore to help out the old country?

It's simply a commercial relationship, at the minute it's mutually beneficial and as soon as it isn't one side will tell the other to bounce on.

Neither side is doing any favours, neither side owes the other anything. Intel get a damn better deal from Ireland than they'd get from France or Germany or any of our European "friends". Quite simply that is why they're here, anyone who can't see that needs an urgent trip to specsavers!

We are not beholden - we shouldn't act like we are.
    No its not, thankfully.

Just the same as if there was someone who owned a square meter in the path of the m50 they would have got some compensation and a wave off, I'm hoping this particular case gets the same treatment.

A whole country shouldn't have to miss out over one gobshytes nostalgia for a random field.

A whole country did not miss out - a single foreign company had to slightly re-jig their plans. Don't be so melodramatic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

cursai wrote: »
    Lol. You so mature. You stink of cheddar and pipesmoke.

Come on now both of you. Everyone knows that pipesmoke is a teenage thing nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Can they not CPO the bank of land to the north of the existing facility?

https://www.google.com/maps/search/intel/@53.3761187,-6.5335796,656m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

ifElseThen wrote: »
    Can they not CPO the bank of land to the north of the existing facility?

https://www.google.com/maps/search/intel/@53.3761187,-6.5335796,656m/data=!3m1!1e3

That's the Rye river valley, wouldn't be possible to build there as it's too hilly and would stop any connection to the land further North.

There was a lot of land for sale to the South across the road, canal and railway track, surprised they did not go for it. Maybe it was too disconnected from the rest of the site but surely a bridge could have been built.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Have you a point at all, or another irrelevant article?

I responded to your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Round One goes to Intel.

No doubt Farmer Tom will be soon heading up to ABP on his turbo-charged 1957 Massey-Ferguson!

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/courts/council-gives-green-light-to-4bn-intel-plan-in-spite-of-farmers-objection-38129885.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

The only thing I wonder bout the farmer though is he not seing because they're trying to sell him short or simply because hes stubborn because if they're trying to cheat him out of the value of his land Id say fair enough but if they are willing to buy out for a price above its value + costs for moving wouldnt it be easier to move instead?

As for the other guy if hes being an objector troll or doing it to basically act the bollocks he should be ignored simply because his intentions are malicious.

Infini wrote: »
    The only thing I wonder bout the farmer though is he not seing because they're trying to sell him short or simply because hes stubborn because if they're trying to cheat him out of the value of his land Id say fair enough but if they are willing to buy out for a price above its value + costs for moving wouldnt it be easier to move instead?

As for the other guy if hes being an objector troll or doing it to basically act the bollocks he should be ignored simply because his intentions are malicious.
    You are making the mistake that he os holding out for money or something. He's not!
    He may be eccentric but he's no fool and he is a farmer through and through who doesn't want to leave his land!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

State of him

You'd think with all his millions he could cut that hair/wig and clean the **** off his jacket

Advertisement