Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy baby aborted at 15 weeks

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Lol at you asking this when you yourself are self appointedly making a choice on behalf of all women when you take their choice away.

Who made you the spokesperson to speak on behalf of all women’s wombs?

Where did I claim any of this ? People can do whatever they like with their bodies if it only involves their own. However I don't believe that extends to taking another human life.

Nobelium wrote: »
    Where did I claim that ? Post it.

Please tell me you have something more than Cathy Newman style straw man arguments ?

Because the morning after pill is an ECP, not an abortion pill. Surely you know this ?

The question is merited as a number of religious organisations including the Catholic church stare that the morning after pill is a chemically induced abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where did I claim that ? Post it.

Please tell me you have something more than Cathy Newman style straw man arguments ?

Because the morning after pill is an ECP, not an abortion pill. Surely you know this ?

You posted a link that states
    The human life cycle begins at fertilization, 

If that is what you believe then the morning after pill has to be an abortion as it aborts the fertilized egg!

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The question is merited as a number of religious organisations including the Catholic church stare that the morning after pill is a chemically induced abortion.

My opinion has nothing to do with religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Nobelium wrote:
    Now . When do you claim human life occurs and based on what ?

Imo it starts when the foetus is sentient.

• Advertisement

My opinion has nothing to do with religion.

So your fine with some form of abortion, as the morning after pill is classified as such by some and ends a human life but not other forms of abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Where did I claim any of this ? People can do whatever they like with their bodies if it only involves their own. However I don't believe that extends to taking another human life.

No sorry, you are a hypocrite. You are taking upon yourself to speak for others who may disagree with you.
    I certainly don’t agree with you, so why should you be spokesperson for me?
    You don’t represent me and you have no authority to decide anything on my behalf... Especially when it regards MY womb and not yours?

You posted a link that states

If that is what you believe then the morning after pill has to be an abortion as it aborts the fertilized egg!

It's not a belief, it's a scientific fact when human life begins. hence the link to a biology encyclopedia. How can you not know this ? Find me a credible scientific link that says it doesn't ? When do you claim human life begins, and based on what ?

How can you not know ECP is not an abortion pill ? Again, find me a credible scientific link that claims the ECP is not an ECP but is an abortion pill ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

I'll try basic English, and see if you can answer the actual question you were asked :

Who elected you to represent and be the spokesperson for the views of everyone in society ?

Why do you claim to represent "societie's" attitude as if it's some monolithic viewpoint ?

I have already answered this. Seeing as you are incapable of comprehending the point, nevermind refuting it, we can finish this here.

So your fine with some form of abortion, as the morning after pill is classified as such by some and ends a human life but not other forms of abortion.

The morning after pill is an emergency contraceptive pill and not an abortion pill. That's a simple medical fact.

• Advertisement

I have already answered this. Seeing as you are incapable of comprehending the point, nevermind refuting it, we can finish this here.

You haven't ever, despite being asked to repeatedly. But the door is always open to you answering how you claim to know and represent an entire societies opinion.

The morning after pill is an emergency contraceptive pill and not an abortion pill. That's a simple medical fact.

Completely incorrect, if fertilization has already happened it can stop the egg from attaching to the wall of the uterus (aborting implantation). It could end a pregnancy in extremely early stages, if the egg is fertilized.

No sorry, you are a hypocrite. You are taking upon yourself to speak for others who may disagree with you.
    I certainly don’t agree with you, so why should you be spokesperson for me?
    You don’t represent me and you have no authority to decide anything on my behalf... Especially when it regards MY womb and not yours?

What people do is their free will choice, but that does not make it ok for them to take another human life.

It's not a belief, it's a scientific fact when human life begins. hence the link to a biology encyclopedia. How can you not know this ? Find me a credible scientific link that says it doesn't ? When do you claim human life begins, and based on what ?

How can you not know ECP is not an abortion pill ? Again, find me a credible scientific link that claims the ECP is not an ECP but is an abortion pill ?

Your argument is that life begins at fertilisation of the egg, the morning after pill prevents a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus. That is why it's considered a form of chemical abortion by some and should be by you given when you have stated life begins.

What people do is their free will choice, but that does not make it ok for them to take another human life.

And I disagree with you. You do not and should not get to speak for me.
    It’s that simple.

Completely incorrect, if fertilization has already happened it can stop the egg from attaching to the wall of the uterus (aborting implantation). It could end a pregnancy in extremely early stages, if the egg is fertilized.

Find one credible medical source that claims the morning after pill is not an ECP but is in fact an abortion pill.

And I disagree with you. You do not and should not get to speak for me.
    It’s that simple.

What people do and say is their own free will choice, but that does not make it ok for them to take another human life.

Find one credible medical source that claims the morning after pill is not an ECP but is in fact an abortion pill.

In other words you've dug yourself into a hole with your morning after pill argument and are still digging

I didn’t say it was an abortion pill, I said it can stop a fertilized egg from implanting on the uterine wall, which in turn can cause an early pregnancy to terminate.
    From web MD:
    It may prevent or delay ovulation.
    It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.

https://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/plan-b

What people do and say is their own free will choice, but that does not make it ok for them to take another human life.

Speak for yourself and not for me. You don’t get to choose for everyone.
    Repeating yourself ad nauseum will not change that, the days of imposing your warped views on all of society are over.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Unluckily for you you can't control women anymore.

I didn’t say it was an abortion pill, I said it can stop a fertilized egg from implanting on the uterine wall, which in turn can cause an early pregnancy to terminate.
    From web MD:

https://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/plan-b

In other words you've dug yourself into a hole with your morning after pill argument and are still digging

I'm not the one that thinks the morning after pill (an ECP) is an abortion pill.

Speak for yourself and not for me. You don’t get to choose for everyone.
    Repeating yourself ad nauseum will not change that, the days of imposing your warped views on all of society are over.
    Faugheen wrote: »
    Unluckily for you you can't control women anymore.

I suppose when out of any logical argument you can try name calling and straw manning, but this won't justify taking another human life.

I'm not the one that thinks the morning after pill (an ECP) is an abortion pill.

It can end an early stage pregnancy if it stops the fertilized egg from implanting on the uterine wall.
    I don’t know how to make this any plainer to you.
    I don’t consider it to be an abortion pill either but many pro-life people do and consider it to also be murder/baby killing etc.

I suppose when out of any logical argument you can try name calling and straw manning, but this won't justify taking another human life.

In your opinion. Those who disagree can choose otherwise.
    You talk about justifying it as if your authority on it is absolute, but as we can clearly see from this thread alone it’s subjective.
    Not everyone believes as you do.
    Afford others the respect you’d expect yourself.

It can end an early stage pregnancy if it stops the fertilized egg from implanting on the uterine wall.
    I don’t know how to make this any plainer to you.
    I don’t consider it to be an abortion pill either but many pro-life people do and consider it to also be murder/baby killing etc.

I'm only interested in the medical fact that the morning after pill is an ECP and not an abortion pill.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'm not straw manning at all.

You will not give two flying sh*tes about a baby that's nothing to do with you is born, but you suddenly care when it's not born?

It's nothing to do with the unborn. It's all about controlling women and judging them when they make a decision you don't like.

In your opinion. Those who disagree can choose otherwise.
    You talk about justifying it as if your authority on it is absolute, but as we can clearly see from this thread alone it’s subjective.
    Not everyone believes as you do.
    Afford others the respect you’d expect yourself.

I still haven't heard any credible reason to justify taking an innocent human life via abortion, have you got any ?

• Advertisement

I still haven't heard any credible reason to justify taking an innocent human life via abortion, have you got any ?

There are plenty if you are willing to listen, but I’d only be wasting my time as you’d undoubtedly sneer at them or minimise their relevance.
    Repeal won by landslide vote. You are still free to do as you choose.
    People want choice. Respect that.

Advertisement