Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Hurling 2019 (Tiers 2-5)

Options
  • 20-04-2019 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

(I'll edit in dates and times when I'm on a PC)

Joe MacDonagh Cup 2019

Round 1
    Offaly v Laois
    Antrim v Kerry

Round 2
    Laois v Antrim
    Westmeath v Offaly

Round 3 (A)
    Westmeath v Kerry

Round 3 (B)
    Offaly v Antrim

Round 4
    Antrim v Westmeath
    Kerry v Laois

Round 5
    Laois v Westmeath
    Kerry v Offaly

Christy Ring Cup 2019

Group 1: Donegal, Wicklow, Down, Derry
    Group 2: Roscommon, Kildare, Meath, London

Fixtures

Round 1
    Donegal v Wicklow
    Down v Derry
    Roscommon v Kildare
    Meath v London

Round 2
    Derry v Donegal
    Wicklow v Down
    London v Roscommon
    Kildare v Meath

Round 3
    Donegal v Down
    Derry v Wicklow
    Roscommon v Meath
    London v Kildare

Nicky Rackard Cup 2019

Group 1: Longford, Warwickshire, Armagh, Monaghan
    Group 2: Tyrone, Mayo, Louth, Sligo

Fixtures

Round 1
    Longford v Warwickshire
    Armagh v Monaghan
    Tyrone v Mayo
    Louth v Sligo

Round 2
    Monaghan v Longford
    Warwickshire v Armagh
    Sligo v Tyrone
    Mayo v Louth

Round 3
    Longford v Armagh
    Monaghan v Warwickshire
    Tyrone v Louth
    Sligo v Mayo

Lory Meagher Cup 2019

Round 1
    Cavan v Fermanagh
    Lancashire v Leitrim

Round 2
    Leitrim v Cavan
    Fermanagh v Lancashire

Round 3
    Cavan v Lancashire
    Leitrim v Fermanagh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Good win for Laois. Offaly will be really sick if they don't get out of the McDonagh.

I like these trips to Donegal. Two awful hard games to come though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭arctictree

Good win for Laois. Offaly will be really sick if they don't get out of the McDonagh.

Offaly will be really sick if they get relegated to the Ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Kildare keeping up the pattern of Christy Ring champions who stay in the Christy Ring exiting pretty meekly.

In 2012 Kerry lost their only 2 games.
    In 2014 Down lost their only 2 games.
    In 2015 Kildare did manage 2 wins, but lost the first round to London, and exited with a 6-27 to 0-9 loss to Kerry in Newbridge.

Carlow are the only team to have put up a decent defence of the CR, successfully defending the title in 2009.

Kildare keeping up the pattern of Christy Ring champions who stay in the Christy Ring exiting pretty meekly.

In 2012 Kerry lost their only 2 games.
    In 2014 Down lost their only 2 games.
    In 2015 Kildare did manage 2 wins, but lost the first round to London, and exited with a 6-27 to 0-9 loss to Kerry in Newbridge.

Carlow are the only team to have put up a decent defence of the CR, successfully defending the title in 2009.

Have they had a bit of turnover in players? From seeing them and Roscommon a few times over the last few years I thought it was fairly surprising that they'd lose to them.

• Advertisement

Have they had a bit of turnover in players? From seeing them and Roscommon a few times over the last few years I thought it was fairly surprising that they'd lose to them.

As much as a rumour mill for 3rd tier hurling exists, I've heard that Kildare have had a few players opt out this year and expectations are pretty low for the team.
    Just comparing the 2 teams and there's only 6 players that started last years Christy Ring final who played vs. Roscommon at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

As much as a rumour mill for 3rd tier hurling exists, I've heard that Kildare have had a few players opt out this year and expectations are pretty low for the team.
    Just comparing the 2 teams and there's only 6 players that started last years Christy Ring final who played vs. Roscommon at the weekend.

Celbridge are the current county hurling champions and have been the most consistent club in Kildare hurling over the last decade - six county titles since 2009. They have only one player in with the county team at the moment. Naas are dominating at underage level and they now make up the bulk of the county team but they haven't won a senior title since 2002.

The current minor team is making great strides but I think we will probably lose a few of them to football long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

https://twitter.com/lonesharkoy/status/1129745992474144770?s=19

Go hard or go home.

I like checking the scores on Twitter and seeing how each countys account will name check their own scorers but not the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,827 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

grbear wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/lonesharkoy/status/1129745992474144770?s=19

Go hard or go home.

I like checking the scores on Twitter and seeing how each countys account will name check their own scorers but not the opposition.

Overdoing the Dublin media thing but overall makes valid points. It's exactly why I really hope the tier 2 in football never comes in. The teams in McDonagh are 11-15 in the country and are totally ignored by everyone.

Another sad day so far for Offaly hurling they are getting hammered at half time by Westmeath
    1-13 to 0-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Stevecw wrote: »
    Overdoing the Dublin media thing but overall makes valid points. It's exactly why I really hope the tier 2 in football never comes in. The teams in McDonagh are 11-15 in the country and are totally ignored by everyone.

Another sad day so far for Offaly hurling they are getting hammered at half time by Westmeath
    1-13 to 0-5.
    Don't want to derail the thread but if the GAA can't promote stuff like the Joe McDonagh properly then they can't credibly claim they'll do better with a football "b" tier.

Hard to see Laois not making the final with the way today is going. They'll have too much for Kerry anyway. Westmeath look well capable of beating Offaly, Kerry and Antrim as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Amazing to think Offaly against Kerry will effectively be a play-off to avoid the Christy Ring!

Jesus Offaly really must be gone too the dogs.

Wicklow were completely woeful against Down, scoreline was very flattering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Yeah looking like a Laois Westmeath final now, pity I won't get to see it thanks to the non-existent coverage. Sad to see how bad things are in Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Offaly don't deserve to be any where near the top table

Likes of duignan etc living on past glories and amount of hurling in the county has been going backwards for 15+ years
    That being said, Westmeath aren't exactly doing huge things at underage either.

Joe McDonagh Cup round 2
    At O'Moore Park
    Laois 2-24
    Antrim 1-19

Joe McDonagh Cup round 2
    At TEG Cusack Park
    Westmeath 3-18
    Offaly 0-14

Christy Ring Cup round 2
    At Ruislip
    Roscommon 1-25
    London 2-12

Christy Ring Cup round 2
    At Owenbeg
    Derry 0-20
    Donegal 1-14

Christy Ring Cup round 2
    At Aughrim
    Down 2-25
    Wicklow 2-19

Christy Ring Cup round 2
    At Newbridge
    Meath 2-26
    Kildare 1-13

Nicky Rackard Cup round 2
    At Pairc na hEireann
    Warwickshire 2-18
    Armagh 1-21

At Scarden
    Sligo 3-18
    Tyrone 0-14

At Inniskeen
    Longford 2-16
    Monaghan 1-17

At MacHale Park
    Mayo 3-23
    Louth 1-13

Lory Meagher Cup round 1
    At Old Bedians, Manchester
    Lancashire 0-20
    Leitrim 1-15

Lory Meagher Cup round 1
    At Kingspan Breffni
    Fermanagh 0-19
    Cavan 1-11

• Registered Users Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sad to see where offaly are but you reap what you sow and offaly haven't sown anything for years. They're deluded if they think they're going to be back at the top table anytime soon, the christy ring is alot more likely.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Have Kerry a realistic chance of beating Offaly?

They have a decent chance tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Where is the game on?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Austin Stack Park, it seems, so home advantage:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Joe_McDonagh_Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

Where is the game on?

Tralee. Kerry beat them in Birr in the league two or three years ago as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

As a matter of interest does anybody know when Westmeath last beat Offaly in the senior hurling championship? I'm thinking mid 1950s, though something at the back of my mind tells me there may have been a shock result in the late 60s or the 70s.

feargale wrote: »
    As a matter of interest does anybody know when Westmeath last beat Offaly in the senior hurling championship? I'm thinking mid 1950s, though something at the back of my mind tells me there may have been a shock result in the late 60s or the 70s.

2016, they tanked Offaly in the Leinster Qualifying group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

feargale wrote: »

It was three years ago, apparently. Westmeath won by 14 points

Down should be second in theirs going by the criteria underneath I'd have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

As much as id love to see it I just cant see us beating Offaly, I had hoped that we would push on this year but at moment it seems to me that we are on a downward slope again,

Management making excuses before the Antrim game about the dual players on the panel having to play football club championship in April and how hard it was to get the team together, same thing happened last year and there wasnt a word said about it, some players have left the panel for various reasons

Just seems to be bad vibes coming out of the Kerry camp at the minute

Advertisement