Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So the new ''W series Racing'' series Starts next Weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The second round of this is on tomorrow at 14.45 on Channel 4. It is in Zolder, Belgium.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Any legal ways to watch this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Jamie Chadwick was fastest in FP1, second in FP2 and starts from pole. But she might have some competition this time, Beitske Visser starts on the front row, she was fastest in FP2. Alice Powell and Marta Garcia might also get in the mix, they were pretty competitive last time out.

Ms

Its on Channel 4. Maybe You Tube if you don't have C4.

So Emma Kimilainen is not racing today as she is not well. She was actually the favorite to win this series but she had a DNF last race and now this. Just not going good for her.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I think the Facebook / twitter streaming option is limited to those regions without TV deals. Not sure if channel 4 has an online option for Ireland, but probably UK only

• Advertisement
    Ms

Qualifying results are Jamie Chadwick on pole,

Visser 2nd,
    Powel 3rd,
    Garcis 4th,
    Moore 5th,
    Wihlwend 6th,
    Pepper 7th,
    Hawkey 8th,
    Piria 9th and then Roast 10th.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Its on Channel 4. Maybe You Tube if you don't have C4.

So Emma Kimilainen is not racing today as she is not well. She was actually the favorite to win this series but she had a DNF last race and now this. Just not going good for her.

Did I hear it right that the 2 reserve drivers will race as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,996 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think it's a great idea that engineers and cars are rotated around the drivers meaning that the best driver will rise to the top no matter what (save for illness and a DNF :rolleyes:).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,996 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

That was a bit messy, would have been better to do another formation lap

• Advertisement

That start was an absolute disaster, we missed the whole thing because the camera was focused on the car at the back with the engine problem

Ms

Racing again

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

That was some nice close up racing, few squeaky bum moments but they kept it clean. Credit to both of them

Ms

Some good racing there between Powell and Chadwick.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Visser made it look easy in the end, good thing for the championship though. There's a few contenders in the mix

Enjoyable enough. I'd wonder if a slightly longer race, with an added pitstop, would make things more interesting.

Do any of the f3 races have pitstops?

Thanks to those who provided links to watch this.

The racing was better than current F1 (which is not difficult I suppose!). The start was very amateurish.

I'm torn on whether a sprint race is good. I don't know if they could hold the audience's attention for a longer race but we could get some more strategy coming through.

Overall, good, and if it helps gender disparities then great, but as a spectacle in itself I'm still not sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Some good racing there between Powell and Chadwick.

This was brilliant, really enjoyed that portion of the race.

I think if it was 10-15 minutes longer (if tyres can last) it would be a better spectacle.

Ms

So Jamie Chadwick has been signed by Williams as a development driver.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Is this series tied in with other race series . Just wondering as the camera work is very poor in places for something that has some decent races . One driver down the field that seems to be good is the Japanese driver (Miki Koyama). Very poor in qualifying but good in the race . I think she has the most on track over takes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Joeface wrote: »
    Is this series tied in with other race series . Just wondering as the camera work is very poor in places for something that has some decent races . One driver down the field that seems to be good is the Japanese driver. Very poor in qualifying but good in the race . I think she has the most on track over takes .

It's on the DTM support bill

I don't just think Jamie Chadwick is a good racer, I think Visser showed how well she can perform. And Kimilainen is still to show her hand - she has missed out on two decent races for various reasons.

There's not that many races but hopefully we'll get a good indication by the end of the season who is a top driver worth a shot in stepping up.

Ms

Race 3 on today. It is from Milano Italy. Race should start in the next 5 or so minutes.

Edit: Race starting soon. They are heading out onto the track now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Race 3 on today. It is from Milano Italy. Race should start in the next 5 or so minutes.

Edit: Race starting soon. They are heading out onto the track now.

Forgot this was on, cheers

That looked like a racing incident, 3 wide into the turn, was never going to be enough space

skipper_G wrote: »
    That looked like a racing incident, 3 wide into the turn, was never going to be enough space

It looks a bit like she was squeezed. Although not sure who's at fault if that is the case, whether she should have backed off or the driver to her right should have given her some more space.

Round 4 about to kick off from Norisring

The commentator keeps making silly errors. She's not helped by the on screen graphics, they've gone wonky a couple of times showing Garcia dropping down the order like a stone.

I wonder is there a technology problem if two drivers were caught speeding in the pitlane.

• Advertisement

I wonder is there a technology problem if two drivers were caught speeding in the pitlane.

It's possible, but usually when that happens it's because the driver doesn't get the pit limiter switched on before the pit entry line. It's an area where drivers will always push because there's so much time to be won and lost.

Advertisement