Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Plague Tale: Innocence (PC, PS4, XB1)

• 02-05-2019 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

Anyone else interested in this? It's out the same day as Rage 2 (May 14th), but is obviously a very different type of game. The puzzles and stealth mechanics don't look too challenging to be fair, and it's seems to be a guided/linear adventure, but I'm still really looking forward to it. Visually it looks great and, from what I've seen, the voice acting seems pretty good too. The setting is quite harrowing (rat/plague/inquisition infested medieval France), so it'll be dark in all senses of the word. The main thing for me is that it's shaping up to be a well-made story/character-focused title, which might be just the antidote for open world burnout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I will. Looks to be a mix of Assassins Creed and The Last of Us.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bet one of them dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

A small insight into creating the rat mechanics (PS Blog).

AridTeemingBantamrooster-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A small insight into creating the rat mechanics (PS Blog).

I hear that they spent 100 hours motion capturing Luis Suarez, just to get it right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hear that they spent 100 hours motion capturing Luis Suarez, just to get it right.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

First review. Pretty much what I was hoping for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Getting middling reviews elsewhere.

81% on Metacritic. Guess that's middling these days.

I didn't look at Metacritic, just eurogamer and another one as most media outlets are ignoring this one. Going to read up more on it. I'd prefer a game to have flaws and be interesting than a bland triple A game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Very good this, one of them surprise games that come along from time to time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got this on sale on psn for 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Played the demo of this last year and loved the feel, happily paid €20 in GameStop back in November.

Started up last night and played through the first 5 chapters, mostly straightforward and basic gameplay with just a few sections so far that were a little tricker and required extra attempts, I think I've made the correct decisions so far regarding the upgrade path for weapons and equipment.

The look and feel are great and the voice acting is top notch, this will be my main game for the next week or 2 and hopefully it maintains the excellent start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dudeeile wrote: »
    Played the demo of this last year and loved the feel, happily paid €20 in GameStop back in November.

Started up last night and played through the first 5 chapters, mostly straightforward and basic gameplay with just a few sections so far that were a little tricker and required extra attempts, I think I've made the correct decisions so far regarding the upgrade path for weapons and equipment.

The look and feel are great and the voice acting is top notch, this will be my main game for the next week or 2 and hopefully it maintains the excellent start.

It's a great game indeed.

I'll finish this today or tomorrow, brilliant stuff so far, definitely ramps up difficulty wise but nothing very strenuous.

Main story finished, difficulty definitely increased nearing the end but ultimately nothing too taxing.

Great little story and characters and although a pretty linear experience still thoroughly enjoyable. The boss battles and some other encounters had neat mechanics and was only really let down by their ease of completion but that's the sort of game this was. If it wasn't for the extensive backlog I'd happily kill some more hours collecting items and scouting a bit more.

Considering getting this. It's only 24 quid on ebay.

20 quid in CEX on xbox. 30 on ps4

On sale this week on the Xbox store for 19.99 so I think I'll give it a look too. People can thank me later when it then ends up on gamepass the following week :D

Enfilade wrote: »
    On sale this week on the Xbox store for 19.99 so I think I'll give it a look too. People can thank me later when it then ends up on gamepass the following week :D

FFS it's coming to gamepass for PC this month and I got it for Xbox last night.

• Advertisement

FFS it's coming to gamepass for PC this month and I got it for Xbox last night.

Fair play, you called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Oh, and I think the kid is gonna annoy me.

I actually quite liked the kid, i was expecting to hate him, but hes not a brat and actually quite polite.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Acky duck! 😀 Best line of the game

Only up to chapter 5 but I'm enjoying it. Moves along at a nice pace and the fact it's linear is actually a good thing for me. Wasn't happy we had to
    sacrifice the pig
    in the barn :(

Advertisement