Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Did you take any profits or are you full long on it

Yep converted MATIC to BTC last night and bought back in early this morning again when it had dropped! Taking all the profit as I want to tax and insure the Lexus today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep converted MATIC to BTC last night and bought back in early this morning again when it had dropped! Taking all the profit as I want to tax and insure the Lexus today.

Wise man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Bob24 wrote: »
    It is only an exchange which was hacked though, not bitcoin. Because a bank which was holding euros gets robbed doesn’t mean the euro necessarily has a problem.

No its nothing like the banks and the euro

Did you genuinely not realise he was using an analogy to explain it better or...? I'm sorry for you if not

ETH doing a little solo march.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yeah was just gonna say ethereum making a good move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

€200 ETH !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

ETH doing a little solo march.

XRP tagging along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

XLM making huge gains, eyeing up 20c.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    XLM making huge gains, eyeing up 20c.

Was going to buy 24 hours ago but went on XRP instead.

Stellar man myself, just wish binance would open up again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

time for stop losses on some gains, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

rapul wrote: »
    Stellar man myself, just wish binance would open up again!

Just getting my head around stellar, ever considered trading on their dex.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

I'm building a Marina in Drogheda you can have a free berth

May be more than one yacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Binance opening today seems to have given it a boost. A drop is due soon.

Dohnjoe wrote: »

I was warned by a buddy when I started trading in 2017 about how volatile Cryptocurrency is but even taking his advice I never realised how bad it was! Yesterday was a prime example I checked my Binance and thought nice Matic is doing great but I've made enough and it won't last!

I checked in again and it had dropped 30% in 30 minutes which would have equated to €1000.

Another thing to check is your Data I got caught rotten before the BCH fork I purchased when it was pumping then checked the next day but it didn't refresh properly and the same the day after! It was after tanking about 40% so my whole year of good trading was completely wiped over it!

Anyway that's all I hope this makes us all rich!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I was going to get out last night. I believe it's likely to take a short/medium term bath following this hike. However, I got to thinking about how the hell I get back in. I really have no idea how to time the market whereas on the longer spectrum, I am confident (in so far as one can be confident in crypto!!) that it is cycling up to an ATH and beyond - the other side of the halving.

As I write this, it's on the move again, at $8,240..

I would much prefer to ignore the price and that short term bath I think its going to take knowing that i'm still in as it climbs up over the next 24 months or so.

Eth now $260
    LTC over $100 (was touching $25 at xmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Eth now $260
    LTC over $100 (was touching $25 at xmas)

And previously high of $300.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    And previously high of $300.

Yes. A little bit of perspective required

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Yes. A little bit of perspective required

Yup, and to add even more perspective, it was $300+ for only a tiny sliver of it's lifetime. If we remove the extremes, it's not a bad upward curve at all

You'll also notice the "crypto is dead" and "it's finished" comments have mysteriously vanished despite the tech remaining the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yup, and to add even more perspective, it was $300+ for only a tiny sliver of it's lifetime. If we remove the extremes, it's not a bad upward curve at all

You'll also notice the "crypto is dead" and "it's finished" comments have mysteriously vanished despite the tech remaining the same

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/mr-wonderful-kevin-oleary-calls-bitcoin-garbage.html

That’s from yesterday.

I'd imagine when the dollar was first introduced people were also weary, as opposed to accepting coins made from gold and silver.

Haha come on Johnny stop trying to ruin another thread with your pointless negative posting, very negative person aren't you, on the other hand I'm very excited go ethereum!

Actually I was referring to comments in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There is a whole thread for negative Nelly’s. This is for us deluded happy folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

There is a whole thread for negative Nelly’s. This is for us deluded happy folk.

Username not matching with positive crypto outlook ;)

Anyone for SKYCOIN I jumped in this morning watching it closely though.

I see it being pumped too much on stocktwits etc, no doubt a short term increase but I'd be weary of a dump, too many bots pushing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/mr-wonderful-kevin-oleary-calls-bitcoin-garbage.html

That’s from yesterday.

This is the 'interview' these comments were taken from as far as I know. Honestly, if you watch this interview and genuinely think Kevin O'Leary didn't embarrass himself and come across like an unreasonable mess then your opinion on this industry is instantly void.

God I hate blind and ignorant arrogance like this, imagine talking to someone with such conviction like he does here while trying to conceal the fact you've blatantly done next to no research. Why the **** do people try to weigh in on topics they don't actually know much about? I wouldn't try to discuss the mechanics of a car with a mechanic because I've no issue at all with being open about not being knowledgeable about cars, can everyone stop being a dickhead and do the same about every topic they're ignorant on? Especially ones regarding money.

• Advertisement

Wasn't the CEO dodgy? I read about it in the past, a lot of negative stuff, haven't looked at it since

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement