Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any more on transport to/from Dublin for this?

Had a cursory not in depth Google and didn't see anything.

I do not want to be standing on the side of the road with paint falling off my shoes etc.

There is a train alright, surely will add some after. Surprised travelmaster aren't going from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,856 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

might go to this but waiting til very near the show where i might pick up a cheap ticket

Yes had a look at Travelmaster and they only seem to be running coaches from Kerry/Cork/Limerick et al.

Getting very pensive, going to check the trains now but worried about returning in the pm more so than getting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yes had a look at Travelmaster and they only seem to be running coaches from Kerry/Cork/Limerick et al.

Getting very pensive, going to check the trains now but worried about returning in the pm more so than getting down.

Maybe contact Irish rail to see if there are plans for a late train. An event like this in that location would be mad not to have transport afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mushy wrote: »
    Maybe contact Irish rail to see if there are plans for a late train. An event like this in that location would be mad not to have transport afterwards.

Heres a picture of the airport bus from 1962. Its still the main way to get the to airport. Nearly 60 years later.

1621680_orig.jpg

We have a third world public transport systtem. So you know, dont get your hopes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭fafy

Tickets sales for this seem to have picked up, standing all gone now, plenty of seats left at high prices.

fafy wrote: »
    Tickets sales for this seem to have picked up, standing all gone now, plenty of seats left at high prices.

No. The sh1tty expensive seats weren't selling so they stopped all standing ticket sales for the moment so people panic buy the sh1tty expensive seats.

Standing tickets will be back on sale in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Did they ever announce any of the support for the early evening slots? The London gig have Laura marling and Cat Power but pretty sure that won't be the case in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

cashback wrote: »
    Did they ever announce any of the support for the early evening slots? The London gig have Laura marling and Cat Power but pretty sure that won't be the case in Kilkenny.
    Would be decent support. Laura Marling supported NY in the point a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Laura Marling is amazing and rarely plays Ireland.

I just want a stand alone show for her.

• Advertisement

Still nothing on transport from Dublin and the cretins in Irish Rail have not even mailed me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Still nothing on transport from Dublin and the cretins in Irish Rail have not even mailed me back.

Cretins LOL :D

Dear Cretin,

Wha's the situ on da train.

Urs

Boogie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say they wont put up the details till closer , since they currently have Rod Stewart and Spice Girls info online atm

True, true. I Wont panic just yet.

And apologies if I have offended anyone with congenital thyroid deficiency.

The Nal wrote: »
    No. The sh1tty expensive seats weren't selling so they stopped all standing ticket sales for the moment so people panic buy the sh1tty expensive seats.

Standing tickets will be back on sale in a few weeks.

And they are now !

Glen Hansard and Band added too the days bill

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Glen Hansard and Band added too the days bill

Cant really see that helping to sell tickets. He is very bland on his own, maybe with a backing band he may be better. Looks like I'll watching Glen Hansard play support twice in July as he is also support to Eddie Vedder.

The way tickets are selling for this concert you think they would have gone for somebody better.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

villa2008 wrote: »

The way tickets are selling for this concert...

How many have they sold?

Ben Done wrote: »
    How many have they sold?

I don't know the exact numbers. But there is still lots available on ticketmaster.

Cant really see that helping to sell tickets. He is very bland on his own, maybe with a backing band he may be better. Looks like I'll watching Glen Hansard play support twice in July as he is also support to Eddie Vedder.

The way tickets are selling for this concert you think they would have gone for somebody better.

I like this addition, but i get ya, seeing as tickets are slow moving, one might have expected more, and.i don’t think there will be further additions, gates open at 4pm, i assume Glen on around 5ish, and has to finish by about 10.30pm, plus time for stage changes/setup etc, it doesent leave much room for another support act.

• Advertisement

Holding out and see can I get a cheaper ticket the week of the show

I like this addition, but i get ya, seeing as tickets are slow moving, one might have expected more, and.i don’t think there will be further additions, gates open at 4pm, i assume Glen on around 5ish, and has to finish by about 10.30pm, plus time for stage changes/setup etc, it doesent leave much room for another support act.

yeah, it looks like Glen from 5 to 5.30pm something like that, then Neil or Bob whichever is first on around 6 to 8pm, then last act around 8.30 to 10.30.
    Kind of hoping its Bob Dylan first on and Neil last, as Neil & Promise of the Real rocking the place would be a better ending.

Kind of hoping its Bob Dylan first on and Neil last, as Neil & Promise of the Real rocking the place would be a better ending.

Its Bob on last, he’s the name on the top of the list, same at the Hyde Park gig.

I am going exclusively to see Neil, have zero interest in Bob. The reality is, Neil won’t be touring for much longer, allthough he mentioned a solo accoustic tour for later this year in Europe as an option for him,if this transpires, that is likely to mean another Vicar Street run of gigs like 2003, which were truly sublime.. warning- Neil said this, prior to him, going into the studio with Crazy Horse- and an album has been recently completed and apparently is out later this year

Its Bob on last, he’s the name on the top of the list, same at the Hyde Park gig.

I am going exclusively to see Neil, have zero interest in Bob.

I guess your right about the billing.

I am going for Neil + Promise of the real also. Bob Dylan while once a great singer, his voice is crap these days and his performance has a lounge act feel to it.

A Neil Young solo tour or with a Crazy Horse tour would be great, I guess we will have to wait and see how that turns out. The new Crazy Horse album should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Long oul set, in fairness. Falling Very Slowly...

There isn't a hope Dylan is on last lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Holding out until I've an idea of any means of transport to and from Dublin.

Be good to see Neil Young. I've seen Bob Dylan before and that man would put years on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

There isn't a hope Dylan is on last lads.

Hes deffo the headliner

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Hes deffo the headliner

Has that been announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Has that been announced?

Hes top of the bill, he will headline.
    He always does, neil is support.
    Like when he played with mark knopfler a few years back.

Advertisement