Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Pter wrote:
    I think I understand the plan around getting the digi5 to do sorting lists. Since we have all done them now, I think, we can assign a value to each person relating to their position in each list. Whomever has the highest rating should be our lynch candidate.

Or at least an ffa or race to base the lynch on.

We missing skunks sorting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Right, got the lawn mowed, headphones on and doing some thinking about the game. I know its Sunday but the weather is good and forcast for the week isnt great. Just had my lunch and a coffee, looking forward to the footy later.

Not sure what all the lists are about but here is where I stand.

Wolf lean:
    Cross: Ghost voter
    TB: possible middle of the road wolf is there is one

Less wolf lean:
    Strawbs: cant shake the feeling she is wolf but some of her reactiobs lately have lowered my suspicions
    Duffers: being unusually quiet, a wolf lying low in a long game
    Gnr: not holding back but that could be his game plan
    Ecto: flying under the radar possibly
    Dandy: a wolf trying to charm us with his short stories.

Null:
    Fixxxer: I cant get any read on him but he us gaining heat with others. Will look further
    Lady skunk: unsure at this time
    QB: if there is a wolf or 2 in the digi5, I would be looking here. First vote on digi.
    Clarebel: no read yet

Vil lean:
    BH
    SK
    Pter
    Tusk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kolido wrote: »
    Right, got the lawn mowed, headphones on and doing some thinking about the game. I know its Sunday but the weather is good and forcast for the week isnt great. Just had my lunch and a coffee, looking forward to the footy later.

Not sure what all the lists are about but here is where I stand.

Wolf lean:
    Cross: Ghost voter
    TB: possible middle of the road wolf is there is one

Less wolf lean:
    Strawbs: cant shake the feeling she is wolf but some of her reactiobs lately have lowered my suspicions
    Duffers: being unusually quiet, a wolf lying low in a long game
    Gnr: not holding back but that could be his game plan
    Ecto: flying under the radar possibly
    Dandy: a wolf trying to charm us with his short stories.

Null:
    Fixxxer: I cant get any read on him but he us gaining heat with others. Will look further
    Lady skunk: unsure at this time
    QB: if there is a wolf or 2 in the digi5, I would be looking here. First vote on digi.
    Clarebel: no read yet

Vil lean:
    BH
    SK
    Pter
    Tusk

They have kind of dried up. Now that I am leaning him village I am more open to a good yarn from him, what ever happened to that face changing agent? Where there any more bricks thrown? Will we ever find out?

like me and my gifs drying up I suppose, the having a laugh element can some time go by the wayside but i'd like it be known im just having a good time and no offense is meant to any other players if I think your a hairy wolf. '
    giphy.gif

Pter wrote: »
    Or at least an ffa or race to base the lynch on.
    We missing skunks sorting list?

I think we are but I think your reasoning on how their lists should be used is solid. I'm on SK now (as I think a few are) but can change if needed assuming anything is decided early. I think anyone other than SK or Strawbs isn't the way to go but i'd follow the more confirmed villagers lead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay, that took forever. I hate ISOing.

Here's Strawbs' ISO. Not all her posts are included, I left out fluff, or anything that I didn't think important.

Up to first lynch 13 – OP, states about 100 posts per cycle being difficult. As a matter of interest, currently on 150 posts, so after 2.5 days that's 60 per day, not even close
    32 – Answers sK: likes no roles, sK likes this response, clears her for him, don't think she's been on his wolf list since
    89 – Shade on Pter
    109 – Wants free voting, does not want FFAs
    117 – Steals my thunder because I was the one who first brought up the annoyance of nicknames, but she got all the thanks :) But this could be the start of where she pocketed me, as we were in agreement about nicknames.
    120 – Shade on Pter and sKeith
    277 – Helpful player list and post counts
    391 – (08:33) Says she'll vote as soon as lynch form is open; encourages us to declare who we'll vote for [I still maintain this only helps the wolves]; references she may be dead - if wolf she'd obviously know she wasn't going to be dead
    396 – GnR calls her out on last point, defends herself
    433 – First in after munch with a sad emoticon
    434 – (10:03) Says she voted Kitten, so her promise in 391 was kept
    496 – Kitten calls her out on always thinking she's wolf, and replies admitting this is true
    498 – Defends her suspicion on Kitten by claiming that Kitten was watching after munch but not posting
    504 – Defends against Ecto the wolf choice of munch, and declaring votes on thread
    554 – Blasants to be lynched right then; defends delay in gathering her Whippy stuff (to Bounty, didn't see him asking, could have been on previous page, I'm not going looking), says each post is long and she has to read twice.
    615 – First brings up her theory of wolf in top 11; Whippy's interactions with everyone; thinks wolf team consists of experienced players; FFAs Kolido and nobody else (odd, considering she's voted Kitten??)
    617 – Says she's voted Kolido
    667 – Helpful list of who's declared votes
    725 – Martyr offer - I'm not even sure which poster she was offering herself up for. Dandy and Skunk aren't newbs. Only Clarabel, Tusk and Succy were afaik. But were any of them on the lynch chopping block? An empty offer?
    778 – (19.42) Vote back on Kitten, givs no reason, flippant again, if she was a wolf, she'd know who the villagers were and wouldn't care which were lynched, so I could see how it'd be fun to chop and change; OTOH, flip-flipping can be genuine from a villager, but there's usually reasons behind it and her flip back to Kitten without a reason could be grounds for concern?
    788 – Helpful list of who's declared votes
    795 – Jokes about wanting a CFD, now says she could be swayed to vote for fixxxer; tells sKeith not to move off fixxxer, he thanks this post
    799 – Acknowledges Kolido's pocket/non-pocket attempt
    806 – (20:40) Says not sure on Kitten, voting now on Kolido
    814 – Explains reason for Kolido

Up to second lynch
    924 – (10.43) much later in after munch than previous time; discusses her Kolido/Kitten/Fixxxer dilemna from previous lynch
    960 – (13:05) says she's voted for fixxxer; backs Dandy = villager based on lynch
    964 – Continues with top 11 theory
    969 – Short post but a lot of content: says she'll no longer martyr herself; suspects fixxxer; trusts sKeith who has so far voted Digi so says she might switch to the same; prempths that she's likely to flip flop before next lynch
    975 – Says a Dandy/sKeith wolf team is madness as if sKeith flipped wolf, it'd reflect very badly on Dandy (can't argue with that, though she doesn't mention what if they're a V/W combo though); leans Pter and sKeith as villagers; also presumably by this stage either #89 and #120 were shaking trees / jokes / or changed her mind on them. I think it was posts like this that was making me start to warm for her as villager herself back then
    1001 – sKeith wants her to clear Ecto, says she will look in to it
    1052 – Read list: Re Digi-wolf she hasn’t a read on him. If she's villager this is fair as he's not posted yet; leans good on sKeith; has slight wolf lean on me (incidentally #1055, I respnded to her out on this, but she never acknowledged or replied; #1056 I also said if I was a wolf, why would I want to clear Dandy giving me less hiding room, and in fairness, I could ask the same question of Strawbs, if she was a wolf, why would she defend Dandy)
    1064 – Calls out Kolido
    1150 – (08.27) says she's switching from fixxxer to Cross; FFAs Succy, Lough and Digi - hopes to get them talking
    1165 – (09.16) switches from Cross to Kolido because Cross might be modkilled (he was getting his votes in though, so that wasn't likely?)
    1217 – On my side in the lynch low posters & modkills debate
    1218 – Doesn't want to waste time debating it though (fair)
    1258 – More debate on it, declares she thinks Pter's intentions are good (I thanked, as did Tusk); says she's suspicious of those not weighing in on the debate (gave no names)
    1284 – Response to #1282 - GnR's accusation, flippant
    1286 – Gunning for a fight from GnR and fixxxer
    1287 – Shade on GnR and fixxxer (?) by saying they're in the backroom discussing after six minutes of silence
    1325 – Says GnR will be in the firing line when she returns NRV (though later she says he thinks he's NRV too?), suspectes Kolido and Fixxxer
    1338 – In response to sKeith, says she'd race against Kolido
    1406 – Accuses Skunk of shading her
    1479 – Helpful list of who's declared votes
    1484 – (18.44) resigned to being lynched, says to Dandy that she doesn't think GnR is necessarily bad if she flips good, and to look more at who followed GnR
    1496 – Adds Skunk to her top 11 list
    1501 – (19.16) vote switches to Clarabel on Barney's suggestion
    1507 – Ranks 8 players from wolfy to villagery, loads of players missing, odd?
    1525 – Helpful list of who's declared votes
    1535 – (20.17) still resigned to being lynched, asks Pter to carry on the fight
    1536 – Calls Barney and says "Vote: digital" - not sure was she asking Barney to vote Digi, or saying that she was
    1548 – (20.27) Vote on Fixxxer
    1559 – Reply to Skunk (#1552), says she'll look again
    1591 – Flippant, but sure, we all take things too seriously sometimes (especially around lynches), so she's probably right to just enjoy herself
    1610 – (20.59) confirmes she's still on fixxxer
    1648 – Helpful list of who's declared votes (this would confirm #1536 that she did actually switch to Digi)

Up to present (8 hours before third lynch)
    1724 – First post after munch
    1743 – Resigned to being lynched eventually to clear up confusion - calls on a possible fixxxer/triceretops double act, was this done? Thinks Kolido might have been trying to save Digi
    1856 – List of players, asking about what order we'll be ISOing in
    1858 – Lists possible wolves (7 names)
    1860 – Back to 11 player list, had said (#1496) Skunk should be added, but not included her
    1865 – Reasons why GnR is Village
    1882 – Happy with GnR's plan to let Digi5 dictate the lynch
    1914 – (21.32) Again, says for clarity sake she might be best lynched
    No posts since yesterday evening

Conclusion: I put on my Strawbs-wolf glasses, and specifically my Strawbs-sKeith-wolf-team glasses when reading. And actually I've come up blank. She's mentioned him a few times, but nothing is jumping out at me as them being on a wolf team together. And actually, I revert to my original position of thinking she's more likely than not an actual Villager.

Which is sort of annoying when spending all that time on it, I'd hoped to come up with some proof positive wolf evidence. But, for me at least (at least for the moment), I guess it's not wasted time as I can put to bed the niggles I had since she survived the last lynch by the skin of her teeth.

They have kind of dried up. Now that I am leaning him village I am more open to a good yarn from him, what ever happened to that face changing agent? Where there any more bricks thrown? Will we ever find out?

like me and my gifs drying up I suppose, the having a laugh element can some time go by the wayside but i'd like it be known im just having a good time and no offense is meant to any other players if I think your a hairy wolf. '

Yeah, he owes a story with me in it!

quickbeam wrote: »
    1484 – (18.44) resigned to being lynched, says to Dandy that she doesn't think GnR is necessarily bad if she flips good, and to look more at who followed GnR

On the above, here's her original quote for reference in case I'm misquoting her:

You’re on your own tomorrow!

On your green bad when I flip good. It’s not necessarily green that you have to be looking for but the players that voted for me afterwards. Even the players like skunk who made very subtle hints before.

I won’t know Kolido alignment till they’re dead. Doesn’t make me bad and doesn’t stop me tunneling him either.

And here is who followed GnR in voting for Strawbs:

Necro wrote: »
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    Digital Solitude 5 quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk 4 Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake 4 Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer 3 Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter 1 Digital Solitude
    Kolido 1 crosstownk
    Did Not Vote 2 Loughc, Succubus_

Be interested to hear opinions about these three from Strawbs now.

I'm really not sure I'm up for another ISO. They're exhausting!! :(

I think we are but I think your reasoning on how their lists should be used is solid. I'm on SK now (as I think a few are) but can change if needed assuming anything is decided early. I think anyone other than SK or Strawbs isn't the way to go but i'd follow the more confirmed villagers lead.

The rankings from 4 of the digi5 thus far doesn't have fixxer or Keith with the highest points total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ectoplasm wrote: »

What I really don't like is Duff, TB and CTK. All barely around. While I don't like thinking that we'd have more than one very low.posting wolf I can't rule it out.

Also I'm keeping alive the possibility that there is at least one wolf on Digi. I'm also considering thr possibility that Digi might have been the most experienced wolf on the wolf team. If this was the case and Digi really wasn't around much, then Trit and Barney's munches make more sense to me.

Just quoting this to see what anyone thinks. I know nearly everyone's done their sort list and there seems to be a plan in place for those, but just in terms of keeping discussion going, am I mad with these thoughts?

sKeith wrote: »
    I was protecting yours and mine village read. Why when you had both me and straw as village .

I don't understand this.

sKeith wrote: »
    Why have myself and straw dropped like lead in your reads where you now trust fixxxer more that the pair of us?

Within each group there's no order, so you're not more lynchable than Cross or Duff. Strawbs isn't worse than Fixxxer (at the time - per my ISO Strawbs is now out of that category altogether).

Time passes, posts are made, minds change. Yes, I thought you were Village, but per my read which you quoted above, I am inclined to think less of you than when we started.

I probably should do an ISO on Fixxxer too. Need a break though after two hours on Strawbs'. Could well move him to more sus, or to more villager. I was quite clear my categorisation was more gut than analysis at the time.

quickbeam wrote:
    Within each group there's no order, so you're not more lynchable than Cross or Duff. Strawbs isn't worse than Fixxxer (at the time - per my ISO Strawbs is now out of that category altogether).

Oh. Well this scuppers my plan to use the digi5 sorting lists. I kinda do need each person in order.

Just quoting this to see what anyone thinks. I know nearly everyone's done their sort list and there seems to be a plan in place for those, but just in terms of keeping discussion going, am I mad with these thoughts?

Not mad thoughts at all. Nothing's impossible. There could be another low-flying wolf. There could be one or two wolves on Digi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I feel similarly about duff, ctk and tb.

The logic you outlay makes sense to me regarding the munches. I'm leaning to no wolf on the digi5, but I would obviously say that if I was a wolf, so I agree it needs to be kept in mind.

Oh. Well this scuppers my plan to use the digi5 sorting lists. I kinda do need each person in order.

My lynchable list is in order. The other groups are not.

* My lynchable group is in order... other groups within the same list are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I think I understand the plan around getting the digi5 to do sorting lists. Since we have all done them now, I think, we can assign a value to each person relating to their position in each list. Whomever has the highest rating should be our lynch candidate.

I'll explain when skunks comes in.

Can you not assign a number to each category, eg: everyone in the "lynchable" gets 5, everyone in the "bad feeling" gets 4, etc, then tot up who's highest?

Not mad thoughts at all. Nothing's impossible. There could be another low-flying wolf. There could be one or two wolves on Digi.

I feel like I've lost the plot with this game. My reads are shifting back and forth.

Also on what you said re following GnR on Strawbs, for me it was a confirmation of my own suspicions based on my own notes - which I thought would be helpful to post but now think are just getting lost.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote:
    Can you not assign a number to each category, eg: everyone in the "lynchable" gets 5, everyone in the "bad feeling" gets 4, etc, then tot up who's highest?

I can it's just not as accurate.

tusk wrote: »
    * My lynchable group is in order... other groups within the same list are not.

Fwiw I did the same thing.

*** Before doing any ISOing - this may change ***

So amended, after Strawbs' ISO. Could change again if/when I do more.

Lynch able
    sKeith
    Cross
    Duff

Bad feeling about
    Triceratops
    Kolido
    fixxxer

Null
    Clarabel
    Bounty

Seems ok
    Tusk
    Skunk
    Ecto
    GnR
    Strawbs

Villager
    Pter
    Dandy

lock clear
    quickbeam

As one of those three I wouldn't exactly say I followed G&R as I did vote Strawbs the lynch before and was the only one voting Strawbs that time but he did verbalize a lot of my own thoughts on her and I did again vote her the next time.

quickbeam wrote:
    So amended, after Strawbs' ISO. Could change again if/when I do more.

Is everyone in order within the groups

No, within groups, I don't have an order.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the dead react to each of our lynch conversations... I assume we can see historical deadroom conversations as soon as we die/game ends?

tusk wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing how the dead react to each of our lynch conversations... I assume we can see historical deadroom conversations as soon as we die/game ends?

Usually you'd be able to. Could be a lot to read too as this is a long game.

tusk wrote:

Troll level monitor beeping again.

• Advertisement

On the above, here's her original quote for reference in case I'm misquoting her:

And here is who followed GnR in voting for Strawbs:

It’s the weekend and I promised the hubby I’d devote some of my time to him this weekend. He’s getting diesel so I’m sneaking a post. :D

It’s not necessarily who voted for me at the final result but how the day flowed after Green made the post calling me a wolf. Who jumped on it, who said they were voting for me then even if they moved off me later. Kolido is an interesting one to look at how he progressed during the day.

I still believe Keith is a villager. What you all need to work out is who out of myself or Keith would you gain most info from when they are declared FBI Trainee by the mods? Ask yourself - if Keith is bad where do I look next. If Keith is good where do I look next. Exact same question but use my name. We can afford to mislynch so who out of us two would make that mislynch more worthwhile?

Gotta go x

Ps: I’m sticking a vote on Kolido till village5 tell me different.

Advertisement