Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 Transfers - It’s Now or Never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

km79 wrote: »
    I’ll reiterate what I said last week
    Pogba has ZERO form and zero interest in staying at the club
    Nothing to play for
    If he plays at all
    There is a lot of youth players gonna be in the squad

I think Solskjaer will play a few youngsters in this match and people he thinks are part of his plans going forward. It has been a terrible week for United public relations wise with the performance against Huddersfield and the rest of the top 5 still will something to play for. Think they will comfortably beat Cardiff but what the line up is is the million dollar question.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Klopp has just said Robbo and Henderson should be fine.....do I trust him though?????
    Firmino out
    Easily the worst transfer I made this season considering who I took out and that he took up the 3rd pool spot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Klopp has just said Robbo and Henderson should be fine.....do I trust him though?????
    Firmino out
    Easily the worst transfer I made this season considering who I took out and that he took up the 3rd pool spot

Think he will play. No fracture or ligament damage. Players often recover in 3 or 4 days after a bang. Bare in mind, Liverpool can still win the league Sunday & there is 3 weeks til the Champions League Final.

I’m not taking him out now & will have Digne as 1st sub.

Gonna go with

Lacazette to Aguero
    Son to Miliojevic/Siggy or Richarlison

Or could just do Laca to Vardy and play Long over Son

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Think he will play. No fracture or ligament damage. Players often recover in 3 or 4 days after a bang. Bare in mind, Liverpool can still win the league Sunday & there is 3 weeks til the Champions League Final.

I’m not taking him out now & will have Digne as 1st sub.

Gonna go with

Lacazette to Aguero
    Son to Miliojevic/Siggy or Richarlison

Or could just do Laca to Vardy and play Long over Son

How mant FT have you?
    If only one then second option is fine imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

How mant FT have you?
    If only one then second option is fine imo

Sorry. Yes I only have 1 FT.

My main rival in 2 leagues is only 7 points behind & has Aguero. So a hit will drop that to 3 points.

On the other side, I think he will captain him which I’m not keen on doing (I’m going Salah) so it probably defeats the purpose of taking a hit to bring him in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I have 1 FT
    Son and Firmino out.
    I already have Tielemans.
    Would I be mad to get Vardy in for Firmino?

My other option is to go -4...Firmino and Son ----> Josh King and Sterling.

My squad with 0.2 ITB...

Lloris
    TAA Laporte Valery
    Mane Tielemans Hazard Son
    Aguero Firmino Jimenez

Foster Camarasa Boly Duffy

Camarasa is likely injured and I can't see Boly or Duffy getting a thing, so an aggressive -4 could be worth it, despite my conservative nature!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

SlickRic wrote: »
    I have 1 FT
    Son and Firmino out.

!

I'd do the 2 transfers for -4 but I wouldn't get Josh King as his form has tailed off. Can you afford Mitrovic instead? He's up against his old team, strong in the air and Newcastle can't defend set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'd do the 2 transfers for -4 but I wouldn't get Josh King as his form has tailed off. Can you afford Mitrovic instead? He's up against his old team, strong in the air and Newcastle can't defend set pieces.

Another nice shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is it worth taking a hit for Aguero? The other player will be bench fodder (although could play if Redmond is rested). Rival has Aguero, and I'm 20 pts clear. Trying to block him essentially, and have a feeling he'll take a hit this gw too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

-15 behind 2 free transfer, need something left field to try catch him now. Thinking Ryan babel and Seamus Coleman, babel playing for a transfer next year home and Coleman away to spurs who have given up I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Peter Crouch scored on the last day of the season 6 times in his career, including the past 2 season

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Zaha or Vardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

TC crouchie it Is!

but1er wrote: »
    -15 behind 2 free transfer, need something left field to try catch him now. Thinking Ryan babel and Seamus Coleman, babel playing for a transfer next year home and Coleman away to spurs who have given up I hope

15 behind is nothing
    It could be made up by making correct captaincy call

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Sorry. Yes I only have 1 FT.

My main rival in 2 leagues is only 7 points behind & has Aguero. So a hit will drop that to 3 points.

On the other side, I think he will captain him which I’m not keen on doing (I’m going Salah) so it probably defeats the purpose of taking a hit to bring him in

I would bring in Vardy play Long. The more home attackers the better this week!!!!

Huddersfield are playing their 3rd choice keeper Joel Coleman according to their manager..........

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

fh.png

Any suggestions?

I have a FH available and £0.1 in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

15 behind is nothing
    It could be made up by making correct captaincy call

Yep but we both have sterling mane kun need to be careful

Huddersfield are playing their 3rd choice keeper Joel Coleman according to their manager..........
    Bournemouth did that last week

Always seems a slur of activity for the golden boot race on the final day too. Salah seems to have it sewn up but don't be surprised to see players in the hunt getting more greedy than usual (or taking penalties).

22 - Salah
    20 - Aguero
    20 - PEA
    20 - Mane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm trailing second place by 4 points so nothing mad from me other that Son to Milo.

There's no hope catching first place he's over 2300. I think he's under 8k OR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

SlickRic wrote: »
    I have 1 FT
    Son and Firmino out.

My squad with 0.2 ITB...
    I have the same issue with both Son and Firmino costing a fair wedge but will be returning 0 this weekend. I don't want to hit as I'm chasing a ml but feel I don't have much option, Kola being flagged means I have little on the bench. I can get Sterling and Zaha, both differentials to the leader and have good points potential this weekend, think I'll do that. Captain Sterling and hope for the best.

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1126854398834085888

This means valery wingback right ?
    Of course it could also be JWP
    That would be bad
    Need both to play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

When are the pressers? I'm interested in Salah, Rice and Yoshida

Green&Red wrote: »
    When are the pressers? I'm interested in Salah, Rice and Yoshida

Salah and rice back
    Yoshida out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

A boring but obvious Son to Pogba transfer, leaving me with:

Pickford
    TAA Laporte AWB
    Pogba Manè Hazard Sterling
    Jimenez Auba Rashford

Dunno what to think of this really. Worried Hazard and Auba may not start, but it’s not like any -4 options are jumping out at me either. Think I’ll just leave it as is and hope for the best. Doherty, Duffy and McNeill my subs if need to be called on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Son/Jiminez to Maddison/Vardy for -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »
    A boring but obvious Son to Pogba transfer, leaving me with:

Pickford
    TAA Laporte AWB
    Pogba Manè Hazard Sterling
    Jimenez Auba Rashford

Dunno what to think of this really. Worried Hazard and Auba may not start, but it’s not like any -4 options are jumping out at me either. Think I’ll just leave it as is and hope for the best. Doherty, Duffy and McNeill my subs if need to be called on.

If you havent hit the button, I'd seriously rethink that transfer. Man Utd and Pogba have no form whatsoever, and there is no guarantee he even starts.

Fraser, Milivojevic and another Man City midfielder are (much) better options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Benimar wrote: »
    If you havent hit the button, I'd seriously rethink that transfer. Man Utd and Pogba have no form whatsoever, and there is no guarantee he even starts.

Fraser, Milivojevic and another Man City midfielder are (much) better options.

They're at home to Cardiff. They want to finish ahead of Arsenal. I'm pretty sure they play a strong team and try to put on a good performance. Son to Pogba is as close to a no brainer as you get. Outside of that it's very hard to pick anyone(certainly for a -4) there's very few standout fixtures and outside of Liverpool and Man City there could be quite a lot of rotation across-the-board .

Advertisement