Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 Transfers - It’s Now or Never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm in a similar boat as Saturday threw a spanner into the works. Looking at your team I think you could do with the defensive transfer unless you want to be adventurous and go with a Duffy or Doherty gambit for some attacking returns.

3-4-3 with Son benched could work if you want to be more conservative and don't want to take the hit. Normally I'd worry about Jota and Jimenez at Anfield but with it being the last day where crazy things can happen, plus Liverpool going for the title and maybe having some jitters, who knows what madness might unfold. I don't have Jota but I've Jimenez and had been considering benching him but now I dunno.

Think it depends on your objective for the finish. If you feel you need to make up ground it might be worth going for a hit.

I wouldn't mind taking a hit but looking at the fixtures I'm not sure there's any mid I'd want. Maybe Redmond but that would be a punt. I was hoping for a top 5k finish but yesterday probably put the kibosh on that so top 10k is the priority now. Have enough itb for Doherty to TAA but might be priced out of it by next weekend. Shaw is another option.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wolves put it a big performance at Anfield so I'm leaning towards playing Jota and Jiminez now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Delle Alli to who?
    My punt on him was to say the least unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tough last week of fixtures for the punts isn't it?

Obviously if you don't have 3 Liverpool or City, well you should. Brighton and Wolves facing them, avoid.

Can't trust any of the next 4 (Chelsea, United, Chelsea, Spurs), especially now that Europe is finalised. All of them should be favorites but all playing awful.

Southampton have Huddersfield but are ya really trusting Redmond/Long?
    Newcastle playing well but Fulham have been very solid recently.

Palace/Bournemouth and Watford/West Ham should have goals, not sure there's any standouts worthy of hits tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Tough last week of fixtures for the punts isn't it?

Obviously if you don't have 3 Liverpool or City, well you should. Brighton and Wolves facing them, avoid.

Can't trust any of the next 4 (Chelsea, United, Chelsea, Spurs), especially now that Europe is finalised. All of them should be favorites but all playing awful.

Southampton have Huddersfield but are ya really trusting Redmond/Long?
    Newcastle playing well but Fulham have been very solid recently.

Palace/Bournemouth and Watford/West Ham should have goals, not sure there's any standouts worthy of hits tho.

Have 2 transfers and need to make up a good bit of ground in a mini league.. Son and Jiminez out I think - Redmond and Zaha my current favourites but not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have 2 transfers and need to make up a good bit of ground in a mini league.. Son and Jiminez out I think - Redmond and Zaha my current favourites but not sure yet.

Palace attackers are my preference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    Palace attackers are my preference

Maybe Townsend or Milo over Redmond then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yes definitely. I’m looking at Milo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Utd were that bad yesterday I'm thinking of bringing rashers in. Nothing makes sense this season so why not

Milo
    He was to be my transfer
    Kept right amount of money
    But firmino may have changed things for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Milo
    He was to be my transfer
    Kept right amount of money
    But firmino may have changed things for me

Firmino out as well?

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Firmino out as well?

Have to wait on news but if Klopp is not come straight out and say he is fine to start I am gonna sell him for zaha or vardy. Fkin waste of a transfer he was. Tried to be too smart. Should have held Vardy and just got TAA instead

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Depending on the City game. It could be Zaha and Milo in. Need to see if I'm chasing the last GW tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    Son to Pogba or one of them Silva fellas from Man city if they look like they will get a game next week?

Son to Bernardo Silva it is then. Makes it three from both Liverpool and City for the final day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Son to Pogba most likely, have 3 Pool and City already so not sure who else to get, 9.4 available

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Son and Jimenez out.
    Hojberg and Aguero in.

I'm comfortably ahead in most leagues. Second in one by 7 points. He doesn't have Aguero. I think city will run riot against Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Son to Pogba done. Now I'll wait until later in the week to sort out my Wolves situation.

Currently at near my lowest rank of the whole season. Well off my targeted top 100k in 700k. Just looking to finish with a green arrow for the final week is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I am 6 points off leader in work league so I don't want to take a hit and increase the gap before a ball is kicked but I might not have a choice. I have Son and Firmino but could switch to Sterling and Zaha, is it worth the hit? I could then captain Sterling as rival doesn't have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might just dump Salah for Mane if there's any doubts then lose one of the Wolves fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dsmythy wrote: »
    Might just dump Salah for Mane if there's any doubts then lose one of the Wolves fellas.

Klopp has said he'll play on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m 2 points ahead in work league with a decent cash prize. 2nd place player won the league last year. I think he will take a punt on a risky captain this week so I’ll probably play it safe and captain sterling and just make a transfer of Son out for one of either Redmond or a City player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Son Out
    Quaner Out

Zaha IN
    Spacecraft IN

(-4)

20 points behind my two main rivals in two separate leagues. Needed the differential picks

Son to Pogba most likely, have 3 Pool and City already so not sure who else to get, 9.4 available
    Somebody in a bit of form ?
    Anyone else ?
    Take your pick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭shmeee

I’m fked now

Need a miracle to get into the cash in my ML. I've had some fall from grace since February, just looking back at Feb and March and they killed my OR.

Need to gain around 20 points on about 4 other ML players ahead of me!!

Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

shmeee wrote: »
    Need a miracle to get into the cash in my ML. I've had some fall from grace since February, just looking back at Feb and March and they killed my OR.

Need to gain around 20 points on about 4 other ML players ahead of me!!

Ideas?

I’m in the same boat 20 points of 3rd in a 50 player league. Currently in 6th probably an awful strategy but I’m contemplating a -12 (3 wolves and Son) and getting very punty. Looking at Southampton and Palace lads. Need to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Robbo off injured at half time. Not ideal!

Team is in tatters
    Really disappointing end to the season
    May well take a hit now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Robbo off injured at half time. Not ideal!

I was thinking of Laporte in anyway, so it might be Robbo to make way rather than any of the cheap wasters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I might also keep Jota and Jimi too. Away to Liverpool is the kind of game they excel in, and with Pool likely to attack plenty, hopefully there'll be space to exploit.

And I'm one point behind in my league, so don't need many sudden movements

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Have to replace son and Roberson unless hear some good news.
    Alexander and b Silva but maybe I'll take a hit to try and work aguero in somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Any thoughts on Lucas as a bit of a punt?

Advertisement