Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Posy wrote: »
    This is my 2,710th post here. :D

I think Loughc has way more than anyone though! :pac:

Wow! Just checked Loughc's and he has 4,951!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DvB

kitten_k wrote: »
    Wow! Just checked Loughc's and he has 4,951!

Its official, LoughC is MR CHRISTMAS!!!

Dare i say it, could he be santa? :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Its official, LoughC is MR CHRISTMAS!!!

Dare i say it, could he be santa? :D

Seconded.

I'll be as old as Santa by the time I reach that number of posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I have 261 posts in the Christmas forums - higher than all the others - first posted in Nov 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have a serious craving for the Baileys fudge at the moment. Roll on seven months time

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have a serious craving for the Baileys fudge at the moment. Roll on seven months time

Anything Baileys & I'm in!! Love the stuff.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Christmas really is the season to Baileys. :D

DvB wrote: »
    Anything Baileys & I'm in!! Love the stuff.

Baileys and ice is the one alcoholic drink I can have no mater how drunk/hung-over I am.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Baileys and ice is the one alcoholic drink I can have no mater how drunk/hung-over I am.

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Last night's episode of Proven Innocent was set at Christmas time. I saw a lovely big tree and socks above a fire. It was brilliant! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Posy wrote: »
    Christmas really is the season to Baileys. :D

Unless it's the new Strawberry & Cream one - nice chilled glass of that sitting out in a sunny garden......mmmmm. It goes down way too easy :D:D

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Unless it's the new Strawberry & Cream one - nice chilled glass of that sitting out in a sunny garden......mmmmm. It goes down way too easy :D:D

Havent tried that one yet, must get a small bottle & give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Delighted with myself I picked up my nephews xmas gift today a big paw patrol art set in lidl. I also treated myself to one of the irish chandlers Irish Christmas candles and omg it smells divine just like plum pudding. I also found this on you tube its a tutorial on xmas breakfast and it is so seasonal you can see the snow falling in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5fqzH4eIvs&t=50s

Nice work!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw a Christmas tree this evening!(Well it was one).
    60352318_2304105136578761_4669454221911785472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=4476f522d154cc48b84e31604aee771e&oe=5D6B0119

Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Just bought my flight home for Christmas !
    Earlier than ever ! Beat my own record from last year, when I bought it in mid July.

I can now totally relax about it for the Summer.
    Maybe as a next project I will start looking at a Christmas market break for end Nov - early Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

In one word what is Christmas?

When are you flying in? I am usually too early to get all the Christmas decs and greetings at the airport.

Like the pic above I saw a Christmas tree for bin collection today, nearly crashed. If I wasn't in a rush to work I would have stopped and taken a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

The Fri before the big day; looking forward to the food shopping with my family !

On another note: can not believe that May is already 3/5 gone.
    It is a month I love and it is going way too fast for my liking !

• Advertisement

Awesome, it will be all christmasy for you. I am going to try and watch a few christmas movies on the plane this year on the way home.

Its my OH b-day this weekend so we are going away for a the weekend, then May is nearly over. There is a halfway to Christmas brunch next month here that I am tempted with.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Just in work and dreaming of my Christmas Tree as you do. When I found this https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/interiors/the-farms-that-let-you-choose-and-cut-your-own-christmas-tree-1.3712021 how amazing is this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

ciara007 wrote: »
    Just in work and dreaming of my Christmas Tree as you do. When I found this https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/interiors/the-farms-that-let-you-choose-and-cut-your-own-christmas-tree-1.3712021 how amazing is this!!!

Thats what we do every year, last year was particularly busy,had to wait a good while for our tree to be cut down but worth it in the end.

We're into the 210's!

Interesting stuff, Ciara. :)
    Christmas trees are grown from seed in little pots for the first year after which they are planted in an outdoor nursery for another two years. Then, they are moved to their permanent plot where they continue to grow for another four to seven years.
    It's such a long process for such a short time over Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

So then, if mince pies are that delicious, then how come they're only available around Christmas time?

Surely commercial logic would dictate that they'd be available all year round, if people really liked them.

Squatter wrote: »
    So then, if mince pies are that delicious, then how come they're only available around Christmas time?

Surely commercial logic would dictate that they'd be available all year round, if people really liked them.

Novelty factor, kinda like Easter Eggs.

Squatter wrote: »

It's a seasonal item.
    Christmas puddings/cakes/mince pies/certain chocolates are associated with Christmas.
    Easter eggs = Easter.
    Certain clothes for certain seasons.
    Barbecue meats/etc are only really sold in the Summer months.

I post in the Bargain Alerts forum about the Lidl Super Savers weekend offers. I can't believe I've just posted the offers for the first weekend in June!

• Advertisement

I post in the Bargain Alerts forum about the Lidl Super Savers weekend offers. I can't believe I've just posted the offers for the first weekend in June!

The year is going so fast its scary, had the kids communion last weekend, we have our holiday in 6 weeks, then its 6 weeks of summer camp for them & then back to school & our countdown/prep starts... I know I must say this every year but this year is moving at a scary pace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement