Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ditto to everything DVB said. I purchased my flight home at the start of the year in the sales, terrible time financially but cheaper plus lightens the load for Dec.

I bought a mini projector last year which means I don't need to buy new halloween decorations, in theory, as the whole front of the house is illuminated. Now just to stop those pesky kids eating all my sweets. Also the scourge of people driving their kids to our area to go house to house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Anyway, whats wrong with preparing for the best time of the year as early as possible? I couldn't care less that some of my colleagues think im mad starting my crimbo prep in september as they're the very ones that complain they've so much to do come the end of november when we can relax a bit & enjoy the build up (work permitting)

I use to feel that if you mentioned Christmas any time before the start of December, you would be rounded on by the Bah humbuggers and have to listen to them moan about how Christmas seems to start earlier every year :mad:

My time here has emboldened me to be loud and proud of my love of Christmas! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    I use to feel that if you mentioned Christmas any time before the start of December, you would be rounded on by the Bah humbuggers and have to listen to them moan about how Christmas seems to start earlier every year :mad:

My time here has emboldened me to be loud and proud of my love of Christmas! haha

I used to be like that myself, but it becase clear in work last year there was 2 or 3 crimbo fans and we emboldened one another to let it go so to speak... sod it like, I'm too old to be worried what other people think anyway.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I used to be like that myself, but it becase clear in work last year there was 2 or 3 crimbo fans and we emboldened one another to let it go so to speak... sod it like, I'm too old to be worried what other people think anyway.

Hear Hear.

Definitely finding I care less what other think as I get older. Is liberating...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hear Hear.

Definitely finding I care less what other think as I get older. Is liberating...

Same. The older I get the less I care about what others think.

Any plans for the Bank Holiday weekend everyone ?

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

Having a pretty quite one. Looking forward to a couple days at home and maybe just a few walks and some boring domestic chores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »

Tomorrow we have a few people coming over to see the house.

Sunday my goddaughter has a dance competition so most of the day be taken up with that.

Nothing planned yet for Monday, if the weather holds out I might do some painting in the garden.

You any plans Lough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

So true, as far as I'm concerned Christmas is the biggest event of the year.
    Did anyone else notice how long easter eggs were in the shops this year? They must have been on the shelves a good 3 months yet the bah humbuggars were quiet on that.

Very quiet in here today................tumbleweed emoji

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Everyone is recovering from the bank holiday weekend perhaps! 4 weeks to the next one!

I need to stop wishing my life away :P

• Advertisement

Funnily enough was working from home earlier before heading to a site meeting & during my 'lunch' was browsing some threads from days gone by, always seem to get a hankering for the christmas build up around now for some reason, every year its the same, then it goes for a bit until after our summer holidays & then comes back with a bang!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Wasn't here yesterday - starting to hate Tuesday's after bank holidays - both yesterday & the day after Easter Monday, I came into 'crisis' issues in work :(

I say 'crisis' as it depends on your definition of crisis - on the grand scheme of things, we don't deal in life and death, but still pain in the ass when it feels you're doing two days work in one.

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Wasn't here yesterday - starting to hate Tuesday's after bank holidays - both yesterday & the day after Easter Monday, I came into 'crisis' issues in work :(

I say 'crisis' as it depends on your definition of crisis - on the grand scheme of things, we don't deal in life and death, but still pain in the ass when it feels you're doing two days work in one.

Sorry to hear that. Is never good when you come back to 'issues' after been off for awhile. Everyone just wants an easy day to ease yourself back into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm looking through my search history and it's looks great the closer I get to Christmas!

I'm looking through my search history and it's looks great the closer I get to Christmas!

Hopefully i'll be the same this year until I finish work. Then most likely will be too busy!

Have to admit, whe I need some cheer I often look back at my old posts in the christmas forum to see what was being discussed back then, love reading through all the old stuff, especially the stand out threads such as the adverts or christmas eve traditions etc. Its all so positive & full of excitement that it cant fail to lift the spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Jude13

Christmas eve traditions are #1. Who has been posting on the Christmas forum the longest? I have only been doing it a few years.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Christmas eve traditions are #1. Who has been posting on the Christmas forum the longest? I have only been doing it a few years.

I only discovered the christmas forum by chance on the main home page by seeing the christmas movies thread back around 2015.

Only had the odd early post (1 per year or so), but lurked alot, it seemed like everyone was familiar with one another so wasnt sure if 'newbies' would be welcomed at the time (how wrong I was, easily the best forum for its welcoming nature)

Started posting regularly from about the build up to christmas 2016 or so. Still only have about 600 posts in here, but working on it!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Same as DvB, I was lurking for a long time as again everyone seemed to know each other.....but then I realised it's the friendliest forum I have ever come across....must be the Christmas cheer :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I first posted here in January 2010, so a big anniversary coming up this Christmas season! :pac:

• Advertisement

I only discovered the christmas forum by chance on the main home page by seeing the christmas movies thread back around 2015.

Only had the odd early post (1 per year or so), but lurked alot, it seemed like everyone was familiar with one another so wasnt sure if 'newbies' would be welcomed at the time (how wrong I was, easily the best forum for its welcoming nature)

Started posting regularly from about the build up to christmas 2016 or so. Still only have about 600 posts in here, but working on it!!:)
    chuckles30 wrote: »
    Same as DvB, I was lurking for a long time as again everyone seemed to know each other.....but then I realised it's the friendliest forum I have ever come across....must be the Christmas cheer :)

Was exactly the same. Kicking myself now that I didn't join in sooner. Is definitely my happy place on the 'net.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just checked and I first posted here on 6 December 2012 and have 956 posts in the Christmas forum! My next nearest forum has 566 posts.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just checked and I first posted here on 6 December 2012 and have 956 posts in the Christmas forum! My next nearest forum has 566 posts.

First post 11.5 months ago and only 133 post (134 now :))

I have a lot of catching up to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Is everyone checking when they started posting in here? :P

I started in the run up to Christmas 2017 but was a lurker before! Most of my posts are in here - over 500! Yikes!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

23rd November 2012 was my very first post and I have made 360 posts in total here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I am still a rookie: first post in Dec 2015 and post count still under 200 !
    Have also lurked for a while before picking up the courage.
    Love the warm (all year round) atmosphere here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This is my 2,710th post here. :D

I think Loughc has way more than anyone though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 220's!

General theme seems that a lot of people were lurkers before taking the plunge and start posting.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    This is my 2,710th post here. :D

I think Loughc has way more than anyone though! :pac:

Thats impressive!! But also a challenge ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement