Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Addison Fancy Macrame

Also ETH finally started making a run in the past 30 minutes, overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Also ETH finally started making a run in the past 30 minutes, overdue.

Still hoping for more <$100, it's where most of my savings go.

Apologies make that 600 :eek:

Sorry make that 700, can't keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Another push upwards last night. BTC now getting close to the level where it had seemed to stabilise before a sudden abrupt fall earlier this year. And while crypto is very much off the mainstream media compared to the all times high, volumes actually seem significantly higher.

EE2-EF639-8-A4-A-474-B-8-CD3-D251-C4-D412-E3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yet another bump up. Chugging along nicely now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

FIdelity soon, Bakkt, possibly an ETF approval in the next year or two, and of course if BTC hits 10k in the next year or two, lots of headlines

I think Fidelity is far bigger than people realise. Also things like Revolut - if a bull run does happen, with big taps and access like that, it could be mental

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    FIdelity soon, Bakkt, possibly an ETF approval in the next year or two, and of course if BTC hits 10k in the next year or two, lots of headlines

I think Fidelity is far bigger than people realise. Also things like Revolut - if a bull run does happen, with big taps and access like that, it could be mental

+1 on Revolut and the likes.

If things start getting bullish and pretty much everyone talks about bitcoin at their workplace/college, the fact that so many of those people can just take their phone off their pocket and buy bitcoins/crypto within a few seconds *could* get things to escalate quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Agreed on the Revolut and jumping on the bandwagon as I was one of them :)
    I dumped my Revolut Euros(not a lot but enough) into BTC the first or second week of December last which was almost at bottom
    The plan now is to just leave it sit there long term

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Binance have ‘lost’ 7000 bitcoins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Wen Rekt.

So what's everyone buying when bitcoin hits 3k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Binance will accumulate funds to recover from the hack in 47 days. Price of BTC hardly affected.

Trying to solve the hacking issue is very difficult. I'd like to see things completely nailed down but its going to take quite some time to get ahead of that - if ever.

Binance will accumulate funds to recover from the hack in 47 days. Price of BTC hardly affected.

Trying to solve the hacking issue is very difficult. I'd like to see things completely nailed down but its going to take quite some time to get ahead of that - if ever.

Decentralised exchanges are a potential solution. Then again, the centralised systems in banks, market infrastructure and stock exchanges aren't getting constantly breached and hacked like this

The "libertarian" nature of crypto is constantly making a slamdunk case against itself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I wouldn’t be as worried about this hack as I would be about Binance’s massive exposure to Tether, and that Bitfinex are probably pumping the price so they can dump it to make some of their loses back.

Then again, the centralised systems in banks, market infrastructure and stock exchanges aren't getting constantly breached and hacked like this
    Banks lost $17 Billion to fraudsters in 2017. It's just that there are far fewer spectaculars like there are in the crypto space. The nature of crypto means its much easier to spirit away.

Dohnjoe wrote:
    The "libertarian" nature of crypto is constantly making a slamdunk case against itself
    Perhaps, but if it wasnt for the decentralised nature of it - I would never have been interested in the first place.
    If there was consensus, they could theoretically recover the $40 million - but again, if they do that, they lose the whole core concept of decentralised crypto.

Ever the prophet of doom and gloom with never a good word to say.

From the get go, I've not been a fan of Tether/Bitfinex. Luckily, the importance of Tether in the space is diminishing - and I hope that trend continues. However, let it not be forgotten that the whole reason Bitfinex got into that scenario is because it was being continually shut out from conventional banking.

In the meantime, Bitfinex has released the whitepaper for its $1 billion IEO.

Banks lost $17 Billion to fraudsters in 2017. It's just that there are far fewer spectaculars like there are in the crypto space. The nature of crypto means its much easier to spirit away.

Absolutely, but fraud is different. In terms of direct security here, crypto exchanges are bloody awful in comparison to modern financial systems.

Absolutely, but fraud is different. In terms of direct security here, crypto exchanges are bloody awful in comparison to modern financial systems.
    I hope you're right - as we now have cross over from wall street. If the strength and depth of expertise from that conventional financial world can shore up crypto custody, all the better for the space.

I hope you're right - as we now have cross over from wall street. If the strength and depth of expertise from that conventional financial world can shore up crypto custody, all the better for the space.

It's being worked on in the background, major market infrastructure and banks have side projects to provide crypto/digital asset custody in the future

None of them are keen to be left behind if a raft of new digital financial instruments (e.g. JPM coin) takes off. It's also interlinked with the development of potential next-gen replacement systems e.g. blockchain based new issues, systems incorporating smart contracts and distributed ledger and so on

BTC at 6061. Plough on or dump is the question. Expecting it to dump, so will probably keep going up. Just picked up some now.

BTC at 6061. Plough on or dump is the question. Expecting it to dump, so will probably keep going up. Just picked up some now.

Don’t know where we’re heading, but there is no denying the last 3 months have been pretty bullish: 3 months ago BTC was 3000 euros and today it is 5400.

Also as far as I can tell the rally is clearly lead by BTC and not by altcoins (some altcoins are shining here and there, but it’s usually temporary and BTC dominance seems to be constantly on the rise - 57.3% as I write this). I personally think it is a good think as I hope for some type consolidation whereby most alt-coins disappear and the crypto landscape becomes a bit more clear).

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    Don’t know where we’re heading, but there is no denying the last 3 months have been pretty bullish: 3 months ago BTC was 3000 euros and today it is 5400.

Yeah but it seems to be more a recovery from that "off the Marianas trench" drop in November

Still, am pretty impressed how the market hasn't completely plunged after the double whammy of Bitfenix and Binance hack, which seems to suggest we're slowly and finally coming out of the bear zero confidence territory of last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Nope. Not convinced yet. To much positive news.has to dip..

As per title, have we reached the bottom ?

Don't think we'll see the likes of $3200 ever again.

$5150 at time of posting.

Back in the mainstream media once more.

$6150 printed.

Close to 100% gains on lowest purchases. The bear was fun while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looks like when it tried to drop back under $6k it bounced right off it and shot up not down. At $6300 now. Hoping it stays there at should build confidence.

Reversal of November’s crash now pretty much completed. Will be interesting to see where it goes from there. Volumes look encouraging too.

85378680-8527-4-FCB-9-CED-53-E7621-A0-DDD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

What are we all buying and using our cryptocurrency for? I've been buying crypto since 2016, so far I've used it to em... ah... ah the dark web nearly forgot!

Kilboor wrote: »
    What are we all buying and using our cryptocurrency for? I've been buying crypto since 2016, so far I've used it to em... ah... ah the dark web nearly forgot!

Paying mates for holidays that they booked for us as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I’ve mainly used mine for my VPN and IPTV subscriptions. I’ve bought PlayStation credit from Play Aisa and other little bits. Also my bunch of friends all have wallets, if we ever owe each other money we send it in BTC :D

Nothing. Just holding it as a high-risk long term investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭el diablo

I purchased LSD and synthetic magic mushrooms with LTC. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement