Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

klaaaz wrote: »
    The Gender Recognition Act is there for those doing self-ID for gender, you know this if you live in Ireland. Now, you have not elaborated what you mean a person can think from male to female?

If I wake up tomorrow and self I'd as female am I a biological female?

Yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

The Gender Recognition Act is there for those doing self-ID for gender, you know this if you live in Ireland. Now, you have not elaborated what you mean a person can think from male to female?

So you can’t quote the specific piece of legislation that says you can transition from biological male to biological female, just be thinking it?

Goodnight Klaaaz, sweet dreams.

klaaaz wrote:
    Actually it was in 2008 that the first man in the world gave birth to a baby which was in the UK.

No they didn't. A woman gave birth. Dyou know how I know? Because a man doesn't have a vagina.

Actually it was in 2008 that the first man in the world gave birth to a baby which was in the UK.
    https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1005891/itv-this-morning-eamonn-holmes-ruth-langsford-pregnant-man-thomas-beatie

And the next guest on the show was Amber, who was hoping to have a baby with her ghost boyfriend.

So, I’ve been looking into phantom pregnancies, and I believe that a phantom pregnancy is a real pregnancy but you have a phantom inside you rather than a human baby.

“The reason why we don’t manage to carry them to full term, is because those people that have them don’t sort of understand this, or comprehend that that’s possible.

“But I’m hoping through understanding what’s going on with my body I’ll be able to.”

Goodnight!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    If I wake up tomorrow and self I'd as female am I a biological female?

Yes or no?

No, you have not physically transitioned.
    Candamir wrote:
    So you can’t quote the specific piece of legislation that says you can transition from biological male to biological female, just be thinking it?

You're very confused, the change of gender legislation came in 2015 which was self-ID. There is a medical pathway you have to follow if a person wanted to become a member of the opposite sex which was already recognised.

• Advertisement

You're very confused, the change of gender legislation came in 2015 which was self-ID. There is a medical pathway you have to follow if a person wanted to become a member of the opposite sex which was already recognised.

So some transgender women are not real women?
    That sounds a bit controversial.

Ok. Thanks for explaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Just wondering, if a trans man is legally identified as a male, changed birth cert etc, are they entitled to maternity leave/statutory maternity pay in places where the mother gets the majority of the leave and it can't be shared? I guess they must be, or at least hope so, it's important to have time to recover from birth. But that's one area where they will be treated as a biological female despite apparently being a "man who gave birth". That's because they haven't actually changed sex

klaaaz wrote:

It's not a membership process. It's biological. Can I medically become a black person?

Then how did a man give birth? Because he has not physically transitioned

Check....mate

• Advertisement

Candamir wrote: »

Ok. Thanks for explaining.

The mask slips. Klaaz is a transphobe. Only took us 30 pages or so.

Candamir wrote: »

What is? They legally changed gender without medical transition, how hard is that to comprehend? It seems that you cannot distinguish between self-ID and a medically transitioned person.

klaaaz wrote:

klaaaz wrote:
    What is? They legally changed gender without medical transition, how hard is that to comprehend? It seems that you cannot distinguish between self-ID and a medically transitioned person.

Wut

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

I can legally self identify as a Jedi and it is recognized by the same state.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/census-finds-2000-devotees-to-star-wars-jedi-religion-35634436.html
    Officials from the CSO couldn't say whether their designation is meant to be taken seriously. However, any belief with more than 30 adherents is officially listed as a religion.

Not forgetting the pastafarians...
    There are also 74 male and 18 female 'Pastafarians' living here who claim to be members of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

You're deliberately misquoting a different topic, using a self-ID transwoman conversation with Candamir with reference to a conversation about trans men, not even related.
    The man has physically transitioned from previously being a woman, and now can give birth.

klaaaz wrote:
    You're deliberately misquoting a different topic, using a self-ID transwoman conversation with Candamir with reference to a conversation about trans men, not even related. The man has physically transitioned from previously being a woman, and now can give birth.

FFS. So what is it? I can self id as a woman tomorrow but still impregnate an actual woman and be a mother who sired a child?

How can a woman physically transition from being a woman yet still have the biological capability to give birth.

You are talking bollocks sir

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You're deliberately misquoting a different topic, using a self-ID transwoman conversation with Candamir with reference to a conversation about trans men, not even related.
    The man has physically transitioned from previously being a woman, and now can give birth.

Well aside from the fact that they clearly haven't physically transitioned if they can get pregnant and give birth, do they not also have to stop hormone treatment in order to get pregnant? Does that make them a woman again temporarily?

FFS. So what is it? I can self id as a woman tomorrow but still impregnate an actual woman and be a mother who sired a child?

How can a woman physically transition from being a woman yet still have the biological capability to give birth.

You are talking bollocks sir

If you self-ID as a woman tomorrow, you have to change everything legally in your male gender to the female gender, all those document changes do take some time. There is no physical transition involved, of course your partner can have a child.

As for the woman who physically transitioned to a man, they carried over their ability to give birth as a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Just to be clear, is this the "man" we talking about who had the baby?
    A woman who decided she was a man, until she wanted a baby and then decided to be a woman again (but only for the duration of the pregnancy).

Perhaps the simple answer is that she is, and always was, a female?

klaaaz wrote:
    If you self-ID as a woman tomorrow, you have to change everything legally in your male gender to the female gender, all those document changes do take some time. There is no physical transition involved, of course your partner can have a child.

klaaaz wrote:
    As for the woman who physically transitioned to a man, they carried over their ability to give birth as a man.

Grand so.

You are talking bollocks then.

It's very unfortunate that someone like you feels they are a spokesman for equality is the very type of person who actually turns people against acceptance.

Ireland has come a long way and has progressed to being accepting to sexuality and identity, but your frankly bizarre attitude (which thankfully for those concerned is in the minority) makes me almost understand why there would be a pushback. For example, I would have no problem with my daughter being taught about different sexualities. I actually have taught her that myself by introducing her to my gay friends.

However, if schools or someone else decided it was acceptable to attempt to teach my daughter that men can get pregnant, I would immediately pull her out of the school or stop my child talking to that person.

You are wrong. It is wrong. And anyone who thinks a man can give birth is an idiot.

• Advertisement

So were they biologically male when they gave birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I’ve clarified this already on the thread, you don’t have a strong understanding of your right to free speech and the limitations on that right.

I recommend consulting the constitution or a junior cert CSPE book to learn more.

I am not talking about what currently exists in law, I am talking about what should exist in law based on democratic and moral principles. Is that not obvious from what I've been posting? This is a debate about what the law should be, not what it is. I have no misunderstanding of the current rights to free speech as laid out in law. I find them fundamentally inadequate for the 21st century.

It's very unfortunate that someone like you feels they are a spokesman for equality is the very type of person who actually turns people against acceptance.

Since when am I the spokesperson on these issues? None of us are spokespeople.

klaaaz wrote:

Hahahaha..... Jesus Christ.

You purposely changed spokesman into spokesperson. Demented. Absolutely demented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A bit like the obese woman who bought diet pills and transitioned into a skinny model overnight, but carried over the body fat and the ugly face she had before.

Hi, was the man who gave birth biologically male?

Hi, was the man who gave birth biologically male?

Hi, he was afab(assigned female at birth) and transitioned to male.

klaaaz wrote:

Assigned female at birth? Presumably because she was female?

You make me sad. I really wish you were a troll

Doesn't answer my question. Wss he biologically male when he gave birth?

• Advertisement

Assigned female at birth? Presumably because she was female?

He was female at birth and now is male. As said before, I don't know why those men give birth, i'm not their spokesperson. If you have concerns and want some information you can ask in the LGBT forum or contact a LGBT support helpline seeking your answers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement