Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

klaaaz wrote: »
    It may not have been possible in your time how many decades ago but it is possible for a man to have a baby in the 21st century, i'm surprised that you never knew this.

How can my husband have a baby. I’m fed up of childbirth. Tell me how I can make this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Candamir wrote: »
    What I want to know is what steps, if any, does this person who is an adult male need to take to become an adult female, and is ‘thinking it’ enough.

If you mean by law, they can legally change gender without any medical intervention to change their bodies, this has been law since 2015 in Ireland. A physical change to the body involves hormone therapy and surgery, that involves many medical professionals in the treatment process.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

How can my husband have a baby. I’m fed up of childbirth. Tell me how I can make this happen.
    I'm a bloke and I say to you C, shut the hell up, now! :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

klaaaz wrote:
    It may not have been possible in your time how many decades ago but it is possible for a man to have a baby in the 21st century, i'm surprised that you never knew this.

It isn't. It really isn't. This is ridiculous.

If you mean by law, they can legally change gender without any medical intervention to change their bodies, this has been law since 2015 in Ireland. A physical change to the body involves hormone therapy and surgery, that involves many medical professionals in the treatment process.

You’re really trying very hard not to answer this question Klaaaz.

I’m not talking about by law. I’m aware of how self ID works. I’m also aware of medical and surgical transition. You know all this.

I’m asking in biological reality, how can an adult male become an adult female. What steps need to be taken, or do they just need to ‘think it’.

• Advertisement

Candamir wrote:
    I’m asking in biological reality, how can an adult male become an adult female. What steps need to be taken, or do they just need to ‘think it’.

I've just been told that a man can give birth to a baby. I am not quite sure how you expect an answer that resembles reality.

Truly amazing.

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I’ve been arguing your side for much of this thread, but this is where your argument really falls down.

Either

A) Trans men are men; biologically and mentally identical, neither can have babies

B) Trans men retain some of their female biological attributes and are not the same as biological men. They can have babies.

You can’t have it both ways, or doesn’t make sense.

I agree, I don't understand why a trans man would want to have a baby but as a man they can and have had babies. I think that they have the baby in order to raise a family with their partner instead of going through the adoption process.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,678 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

See this is where the whole “it’s nice to be nice to your co-workers and respect how they prefer to be referred to” stuff, creeps into some incredibly dangerous territory. You’re not just being economical there, you’re being downright deceptive, and I suspect you know it too, which makes it very clear where you’re going with the whole “respect for your co-workers” and “transgender issue”. The pronouns and the bathroom stuff is just the thin end of the wedge, and if people accept that, then the next thing they should accept is that “men can become pregnant and give birth”.

No they can not klaaaz, not with any amount of hormones or distortion of the english language nor anything else, will a man ever be able to gestate a foetus and give birth to an infant which will be determined by medical staff to be of one sex or the other. They don’t make any references to gender.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm a bloke and I say to you C, shut the hell up, now! :D

Don’t worry Wibbs, I’d say you’re safe enough:D!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The person yes was a woman who then became a man. The man had the baby, it might sound odd to you but it has been happening for a few years now.
    The man got pregnant and had the baby. It happens quite a bit now, healthy kids reared and all.
    In case you didn't read it properly, the trans man who is a man had the baby. It's a natural thing to happen when men and women can have babies.

1amtvd.jpg

I've taken some crazy pills in my time, but bugger me, not on this level. And I've seen fire dragons over Dollymount strand.

Fcuk this nonsense TBH. Let them at it and let the chips fall where they may.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

It isn't. It really isn't. This is ridiculous.

A man has different physical attributes, not just the traditional one you are used to.

See this is where the whole “it’s nice to be nice to your co-workers and respect how they prefer to be referred to†stuff, creeps into some incredibly dangerous territory. You’re not just being economical there, you’re being downright deceptive, and I suspect you know it too, which makes it very clear where you’re going with the whole “respect for your co-workers†and “transgender issueâ€. The pronouns and the bathroom stuff is just the thin end of the wedge, and if people accept that, then the next thing they should accept is that “men can become pregnant and give birthâ€.

It's actually infuriating. And its people like this poster that actually prevents acceptance of transgender people by intentionally provoking people with undeniably absurd comments

Sickening behaviour.

klaaaz wrote:
    A man has different physical attributes, not just the traditional one you are used to.

Yeah. That's not true. You have no credibility.

You’re really trying very hard not to answer this question Klaaaz.

I’m not talking about by law. I’m aware of how self ID works. I’m also aware of medical and surgical transition. You know all this.

Thought I told you already that they change sex through the medical process of the transition where that adult male becomes an adult female. To "think it" is indeed self-ID unless you have a different view of what thinking is?

Thought I told you already that they change sex through the medical process of the transition where that adult male becomes an adult female. To "think it" is indeed self-ID unless you have a different view of what thinking is?

Grand.

So men can have babies, and men can ‘think’ their way to being biological women.

Oookaaay then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

See this is where the whole “it’s nice to be nice to your co-workers and respect how they prefer to be referred to” stuff, creeps into some incredibly dangerous territory. You’re not just being economical there, you’re being downright deceptive, and I suspect you know it too, which makes it very clear where you’re going with the whole “respect for your co-workers” and “transgender issue”. The pronouns and the bathroom stuff is just the thin end of the wedge, and if people accept that, then the next thing they should accept is that “men can become pregnant and give birth”.

No they can not klaaaz, not with any amount of hormones or distortion of the english language nor anything else, will a man ever be able to gestate a foetus and give birth to an infant which will be determined by medical staff to be of one sex or the other. They don’t make any references to gender.

What klaaaz means is that a human born female (afab as they say) transitions to transman and gives birth. But because the gender ideology claims this transman is now an actual man, then thus one gets to say that men can and do have babies. It's a man's womb and a man's vagina. This is the way it works. It's also beginning to go further with induced lactation in biological males, and womb transplants into the future. It's a huge subject with vast implications.

Candamir wrote:
    So men can have babies, and men can ‘think’ their way to being biological women.

Actually, we all have to accept R Kelly's aviation skills after him declaring that he believed he could fly.

Zorya wrote:
    It's a man's womb and a man's vagina.

Nope

Grand.

Oookaaay then.

Yes, it's a small number of men who have had babies. As said to the other poster, I don't know why they do it but those men have given birth to healthy children.

As for "thinking", I never set the law that recognised self-ID here. The Dail did in 2015.

klaaaz wrote:
    Yes, it's a small number of men who have had babies. As said to the other poster, I don't know why they do it but those men have given birth to healthy children.

No man has ever given birth to a child.

• Advertisement

As for "thinking", I never set the law that recognised self-ID here. The Dail did in 2015.

Care to quote the legislation where it says you can think your way from biological male to biological female?

Are you not cringing writing this stuff or do you actually believe it?

Nope

I understand your reluctance. :) In my opinion it is perfectly fine to say a transman gave birth, but it is not correct to say a man gave birth. Which brings one back to the opening post where the woman said a transwoman is not a woman, to which the company responded by saying she was offensive and not reflecting the material reality of the trans person. Which is ideology and should not hold sway over any person, including employees.

No man has ever given birth to a child.

They have and are now dad's raising their children. Hope you get over the shock of this news, men having kids has been happening for about 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Zorya wrote: »
    What klaaaz means is that a human born female (afab as they say) transitions to transman and gives birth. But because the gender ideology claims this transman is now an actual man, then thus one gets to say that men can and do have babies. It's a man's womb and a man's vagina. This is the way it works. It's also beginning to go further with induced lactation in biological males, and womb transplants into the future. It's a huge subject with vast implications.

It also allows people to claim that women in fact aren't discriminated against due to their bodily functions and don't deserve special treatment (aka sex based protection in law) because "men can give birth/breastfeed too". What else is this but the erasure of sex based rights? Already happened in the US to a woman who claims she was forced to leave her job due to being denied provision to express milk. Not sex discrimination, men can breastfeed too according to the judge.

Want fairness in sports and to compete with only biological females? What do you mean? This 6ft 200lb former male is a biological female you bigot. That's why language matters. Trans women are not the same as women who were born female. That's a fact. They should have their own protections under gender identity. Otherwise women will have had equal rights and sex based protections for a few short decades before once again a bunch of men decided to take them away. And now women are being fired for speaking out? Yeah that's not worrying at all.

Care to quote the legislation where it says you can think your way from biological male to biological female?

Are you not cringing writing this stuff or do you actually believe it?

The Gender Recognition Act is there for those doing self-ID for gender, you know this if you live in Ireland. Now, you have not elaborated what you mean a person can think from male to female?

klaaaz wrote:
    They have and are now dad's raising their children. Hope you get over the shock of this news, men having kids has been happening for about 10 years now.

No it hasn't Klaaaz. A woman who thinks they are a man gave birth to a child. That's not bizarre. Unfortunate, but not unbelievable.

A man has never given birth apart from that documentary called Junior that had Arnold Schwarzenegger which was as believable as any scenario you can show.

Zorya wrote:
    I understand your reluctance. In my opinion it is perfectly fine to say a transman gave birth, but it is not correct to say a man gave birth. Which brings one back to the opening post where the woman said a transwoman is not a woman, to which the company responded by saying she was offensive and not reflecting the material reality of the trans person. Which is ideology and should not hold sway over any person, including employees.

Yeah cool. Transman or whatever they want to be called is ok. But to say a man gave birth is not only dishonest, it's idiotic.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It also allows people to claim that women in fact aren't discriminated against due to their bodily functions and don't deserve special treatment (aka sex based protection in law) because "men can give birth/breastfeed too". What else this but the erasure of sex based rights. Already happened in the US to a woman who claims she was forced to leave her job due to being denied provision to express milk. Not sex discrimination, men can breastfeed too according to the judge. Want fairness in sports and to compete with only biological females? What do you mean? This 6ft 200lb former male is a biological female you bigot. So women had equal rights for a few short decades before once again a bunch of men decided to take them away. And now women are being fired for speaking out? Yeah that's not worrying at all.

All of this and more. Exactly. What is also sinister is how horrible one will be depicted as a woman who is objecting. Even here in constant passive aggressive snide remarks suggesting one is a rotten person. It's wearing.

No it hasn't Klaaaz. A woman who thinks they are a man gave birth to a child. That's not bizarre. Unfortunate, but not unbelievable.

A man has never given birth apart from that documentary called Junior that had Arnold Schwarzenegger which was as believable as any scenario you can show.

Actually it was in 2008 that the first man in the world gave birth to a baby which was in the UK.
    https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1005891/itv-this-morning-eamonn-holmes-ruth-langsford-pregnant-man-thomas-beatie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

In case you didn't read it properly, the trans man who is a man had the baby. It's a natural thing to happen when men and women can have babies.

I read it just fine.
    As I said, Occams razor.
    The simplest solution is usually the answer, she never transitioned into a man, at least not from a biological standpoint.
    We are nowhere near that level of biological mastery and won't for probably at least another 100+ years. Even then I'd hope that that level of power comes with a lot of responsibility and not used frivolously.

Your painfully desperate attempts to get people to believe in a "true transition" frankly reminds me of the sort of stories you'd hear spun in religions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement