Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connect guitar to android

• 20-04-2019 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭

Used to have an electric guitar but sold it around 5 years ago.
    I had a Marshall 50watt amp and a Boss HM-2 Pedal.
    I also used to have an iRig 1 and amplitude app which I enjoyed messing around with on my iPhone.

I'm going buying a new guitar and still have the iRig.
    I'm just wondering will this work with my oneplus 6t phone and if so what would the best app for Android be?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The iRig1 isn't compatible with Android apparently, so you'd need to upgrade to an iRig2

Actually, I might be wrong. You'd need to check. AmpliTube is free for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ikmultimediaus.android.amplitubeua

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi feylya, my guitar should arrive tomorrow so I'll know if amplitude works ok with it then.
    I wasn't going to,but in the meantime I ordered a new amp (BOSS Katana 50) off musicmaker and a Boss fs-6 dual pedal.
    They threw in a free leather guitar strap and a Dickies pick pocket for free with the Katana and it was €3 cheaper than Thomann.
    I had never heard of musicmaker before but was delighted with the service.
    I done a search on here for them after I received my amp expecting to see a lot of positive feedback but found mostly the opposite.
    The comments were old though,so I'm assuming they've set things right since???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Music Maker have changed their tune a lot over the last few years, especially with the likes of Thomann becoming so big, and accessible.

Advertisement