Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

32 points with 4 scratches on the card.

After lesson during the week I was hitting fantastic drives but iron play all over the shop and no confidence. Range this week I think.

Putting was terrible too but on newly seeded greens so I take no blame for that :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't play great on Saturday. It was a team competition, and neither of us scored well. I drove the ball as good as i have in a long time, as i changed my swing up a bit before the round, and that seems to have helped a lot. My short game is absolutely awful though. On 15 for example, drove the ball 292 yards and was 60 yards short of the green. Took out my SW, bladed it into a tree 30 yards past the hole, and ended up with a 7. Stupid mistakes like that happened on several holes, and it completely screws up my round.

I did hit a 337 yard drive though, so that was fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Played April Medal at weekend. Went for a lesson about 10 days ago and got such a bad dose of the S***ks the pro refused to take my money. Needless to say i wasn't expecting much on Sunday.

Suprised myself with only the 1 s***k in the entire round and had a consistent miss left which i was actually happy with cause up to now my misses were everywhere so couldn't figure how to fix them. Finished +14 off 12....7 pars, 8 bogies and 3 doubles. Room for improvement but it's another steady 18holes and a win so will take it! Give myself lots of birdie chances on last 6 or so when i straightened up my iron shots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

****e!! Where has it gone wrong

22 points off 19. Driving beautiful and putting reasonably

But.....

I can’t hit an iron to save my life and as for my chipping

Fearful for European on Saturday. Plan work my ass off. Lesson tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Shot 92 off 16 in April Medal on Sunday. That was +19 over par but CSS was 77 so effectively +15. Cut 0.3.
    Got a minor prize and had a 2 so won a few euros too.
    Overall very happy especially with irons and overall consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

First stroke play of the year. Brutal round in crazy wind, 46 out, 57 back - 103 (85 net)plus a few brain farts didn't help either!!!!
    Onwards and upwards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

Off 13 and had 36 points. Had 41 putts (five 3 putts and 2 putts on every other hole)
    What could have been :/

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

37 points today off 20. On target for a huge score and finally getting cut but made a pure balls of it. Tee to green was excellent with GIR at 50% so ended up putting for birdie 9 times. Had 43 putts! Forty three. Including four 4 putts when on the green in 2. Fcuk sake.

Positives were no scratched holes.

Birdies - 0
    Pars - 4
    Bogeys - 9
    Doubles - 5
    Trebles - 0
    Worse - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

davegilly wrote: »
    37 points today off 20. On target for a huge score and finally getting cut but made a pure balls of it. Tee to green was excellent with GIR at 50% so ended up putting for birdie 9 times. Had 43 putts! Forty three. Including four 4 putts when on the green in 2. Fcuk sake.

Positives were no scratched holes.

Birdies - 0
    Pars - 4
    Bogeys - 9
    Doubles - 5
    Trebles - 0
    Worse - 0
    Got cut 0.6 so now playing off 19 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

32 points and I've 23 handicap. Last 2 rounds before today I scored 40 each time to get myself down from 25 to 23. Driving and long game in general killing me. I had several up and downs to save bogey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Played golf in fantastic weather and in great company today in Mullingar. Took me about 14 holes to get a tee shot away which I thought was gone from my game. Some ok approaches and only ok with putter. Was a scramble and we dovetailed well to finish -7.
    Must say the course is in great condition but every single bit of rough is cut to the bone which is strange. It’s still a tough test all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Played Forrest Little today in an open. First 8 holes I couldn't hit the ball out of my way. Truly dreadful stuff. 1 point for 8 holes. Played a bit better from 9th onwards. Finished with a dismal 17 points.
    Don't know where it came from because I've been playing very consistently this year. My timing just seemed to be off.
    Lovely little course in great condition and had the good company of a nice couple and their grandson.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭yuridwyer

87, 34 points off 13 in Kilkenny GC today, 7th round this year and 7th different course. Callan next Monday followed by Druids Glen Monday week to make it 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Played golf in fantastic weather and in great company today in Mullingar. Took me about 14 holes to get a tee shot away which I thought was gone from my game. Some ok approaches and only ok with putter. Was a scramble and we dovetailed well to finish -7.
    Must say the course is in great condition but every single bit of rough is cut to the bone which is strange. It’s still a tough test all the same.
    Playing there for the first time in a few weeks. Good condition? Course planner needed?

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Playing there for the first time in a few weeks. Good condition? Course planner needed?

Yupp was in great condition and will only get better if the weather keeps up

No course planner needed, it’s all in front of you, greens are tricky enough. There’s a small flag on the flag stick to let you know of pin is front, middle or back. Fantastic practice facility to the right of the car park with putting green and chipping green. There’s another to the left as you come in and another putting green beside the first tee.

Ugh..

39 Points CSS 39

2 Over on the front 9 for 25 pts
    14 on the back.
    Yq67EZO.png

Played some really solid golf on the front 9 with only two bogies.

Started the back nine and it didn't go well. Felt I still played good golf and I was still hitting it well.
    I was just pushing the drives a bit but with the heat and hitting it well I was sticking it into trouble where I normally would be short of it.

The rough is up and tangly added to low branches and small gaps meant it was hard to get back into play from 15-20 yds off the fairway.

One that will stick with me was one of the longer par4's I hit a good drive to the middle of the fairway. Flag was right at the back so I still had 215yds. 3i and I was feeling it. Wound up and just as I was starting the down swing someone hit nearby, lost concentration and pulled it 15yds left of the green, hit a tree and threw in a further 30yds under more trees into dead grass. 2 shots later i was on the green and lipped it.

Still really happy with how I played, a few less bad breaks ( or more good ones) on the back and I was an easy 45pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

81 today. +10 for 32 points

2 birdies
    5 pars
    10 bogeys
    1 double

+2 back nine.

Very good off the tee especially with 3 wood. New Ping g410 getting me out there 240-270 with a consistent shape, contemplating keeping driver at home one of these days.

Missed too many greens today, a couple went long with a gap wedge in my hand around 90/100 yards out. Solid strikes, just feel the ball is travelling that bit further now. Chipping was nowhere near my usual standard and i had three 3 putts. I feel there's a 75/76 in there quite soon.

Winner had 46 points today, 11 better than CSS, a lovely cut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Ugh..

39 Points CSS 39

14 on the back.
    Yq67EZO.png

Started the back nine and it didn't go well. Felt I still played good golf and I was still hitting it well.
    I was just pushing the drives a bit but with the heat and hitting it well I was sticking it into trouble where I normally would be short of it.

The rough is up and tangly added to low branches and small gaps meant it was hard to get back into play from 15-20 yds off the fairway.

One that will stick with me was one of the longer par4's I hit a good drive to the middle of the fairway. Flag was right at the back so I still had 215yds. 3i and I was feeling it. Wound up and just as I was starting the down swing someone hit nearby, lost concentration and pulled it 15yds left of the green, hit a tree and threw in a further 30yds under more trees into dead grass. 2 shots later i was on the green and lipped it.

Still really happy with how I played, a few less bad breaks ( or more good ones) on the back and I was an easy 45pts.

CSS 39?!!

Remind me wrote: »
    CSS 39?!!
    Yeah it's very hard to get cut, if your not hitting 42+ you've no chance of prizes.

Usually a Satruday is 38, Sunday off the backs is 37. Today they had the tee's forward and pins back but with how dry it was lads could bounce them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Ugh..

39 Points CSS 39

14 on the back.
    Yq67EZO.png

What course is this to have a SS of 39 pts, sure you'd never get cut

• Advertisement

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    What course is this to have a SS of 39 pts, sure you'd never get cut

My old course was the same. I had 5 rounds of 39 points the last year I was there and no cut. There was even days where only a handful broke 36 points and it was still 39. Could never figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Played the last two Saturdays in very different conditions.

First medal of the year last week in extreme wind, couldn't manage the wind at all and walked off with a 90 gross/84 net. 2 birdies and 2 pars and the rest a combo of bogeys and doubles.

Yesterday in almost perfect conditions, had a poor start to be +5 through 5 but finished the course level par with -1 for final 10 to come in with a gross 77 for 37 points. Scrambled v well on the back 9.

2 birdies
    11 pars
    3 bogeys
    2 doubles

Hopefully that'll kick of the summer season!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,140 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Back out after a week off, first qualifying round of the year. 36 points, so a nice solid start. 8 pars, rest were bogies or worse. Should have had 1 or 2 more points, but always the way.

Some day for it, hard not to enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

37 points off 13.
    1 point after 2holes and was thinking here we go again but turned it around to finish front nine with 19 then went awry again at start of back 9. 2 birdies in the last 3 holes lifted me up again.

Out again tomorrow so hope to score better. Driving is very good but irons and short game is costing me at least 8 shots at the moment.

30 Points in Knightsbrook off the Whites
    3 Scratches and a handful of pars

Rough was really up in places and I had a guy giving me tips for 4 hours. No malice in it but my god it got annoying.

Hitting irons really well, between that and the heat I could club down alot.

Greens were a bit bumpy but rolling out alot so some poor putting in there. Had 4-5 hang on the lip

Chipping was good but same issue with the greens where I wasn't accounting for the roll out.

Driver was great and poor. Had 3 poor drives which gave me two scratches ( followed them with equal poor decisions) but otherwise it was fantastic. Striking it really well getting great carry and roll. Had 140yds to a middle pin on a 410yd par 4. On my home course I'd literally be chipping to most greens.

I was striking almost everything just didn't capitilize on the better shots. Feeling good though and happy with how I'm playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

36 points off 18, really happy with hit - good vase to work on

Irons are really good, putting is good

Driver is poor, and short game is rusty AF!!

Nevertheless very enjoyable

Played Headfort old today - what a beautiful club !

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

35 pts off 11.
    82 gross.

0 birdies
    8 pars
    8 bogeys
    2 doubles

First 18 hole competition since end of Oct. so happy enough as my score was in buffer zone CSS 37 pts.
    Drove the ball really well, had no three putts and chipping was good.
    However only hit 5 GIR so my approach shots need to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

charlieIRL wrote: »
    My old course was the same. I had 5 rounds of 39 points the last year I was there and no cut. There was even days where only a handful broke 36 points and it was still 39. Could never figure it out.

Reason I left my old club after 10 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

benny79 wrote: »
    Reason I left my old club after 10 years..

Not make you ripe for winning opens??

• Advertisement

39 points
    No cut
    4 pars
    1 birdie
    2 doubles
    1 scratch.
    Rest were bogies.

Putting let me down, a normal day I could pick up 3-5 strokes I dont normally miss. Leaving everything short , probably from playing faster greens a few days before and not adjusting.

Irons were fantastic for the most part. Driver was ok , mostly in play.

Almost a par4 eagle, bounced a foot short and checked up about an inch away for kick in birdie.

Advertisement