Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rewatching all seasons before Season 8 arrives...

Comments

I couldn't sit through season 5 when I tried it again. The worst season by a mile. 7 is good but its no longer what I came to love about game of thrones. Its devolved to common action film marvel tropes. Taking of high garden. Eurons magic Fleet. Gendry's speed walking. Jamie surviving with Bronn. Red shirts dying beyond the wall. Jon being saved by his uncle. The entire plotline of bringing a Wight to cersai. Little finger's plot to turn Sansa and Arya against each other. There's probably more but it's weak on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Finally finished season five, thank the gods. It's the only season that is more bad than good. The NW's stuff is good and Jamie's journey, everything else i could care less about(Dany, everything going on in KL) or is just badly done(Arya, Stannis, Sansa).
    duploelabs wrote: »
    His introduction scene, particularly because he's butchering the Stark sigil, was fantastic

Baratheon!

tumblr_plt73o7DUa1u034pso6_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

bur wrote: »
    Finally finished season five, thank the gods. It's the only season that is more bad than good. The NW's stuff is good and Jamie's journey, everything else i could care less about(Dany, everything going on in KL) or is just badly done(Arya, Stannis, Sansa).

Baratheon!

tumblr_plt73o7DUa1u034pso6_500.gif

Well at least I've a career as a greenseer ahead of me considering my sketchy sigil knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

question bothering me about season 2... how did Stannis know about Joffrey's parentage? I dont recall seeing Ned sending out a raven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

mrcheez wrote: »
    question bothering me about season 2... how did Stannis know about Joffrey's parentage? I dont recall seeing Ned sending out a raven?

a little bird told him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

They didn't show it but Stannis says something like 'when Ned Stark found out he told only me, i won't make that same mistake' before sending ravens to all the lords in Westeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

As far as I remember Ned gave a command in season 1 to get word to Stannis when he found out. How he got word there I don't think was specified.

Right, I might have missed it. In the book I understand a raven was sent out, but in the series I thought only Little finger and the Queen were told before Ned was killed off.

Thought maybe implication is Little finger sent word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Right, I might have missed it. In the book I understand a raven was sent out, but in the series I thought only Little finger and the Queen were told before Ned was killed off.

Thought maybe implication is Little finger sent word.

Didn't he give a letter to one of his men and tell him to give it to stannis, not his guards or his maester, to stannis only?

nothing wrote: »
    Didn't he give a letter to one of his men and tell him to give it to stannis, not his guards or his maester, to stannis only?

Ah yes you're right! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just finished season 7 last night, is there any specific episodes that would be good to watch tonight before season 8 premier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Tick tock lads and lassies.... We have arrived...
    Its been fun awaiting this...

I hope you all enjoy this season.. We know its gonna be a bloodbath...

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Just finished season 7 last night, is there any specific episodes that would be good to watch tonight before season 8 premier?

Rewatching Season one was best for me in terms of reclarifying how all the families are related and what's at stake for each so perhaps pick a few from that

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Recliner

Did a marathon rewatch yesterday, had half season 6 and all season 7 to get through. Exhausted today, but glad I did. I must have missed some of S7, some parts I didn't remember at all.
    Can't wait for 2.00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I have 4 episodes of season 7 left to watch, going to get cracking on that later on

I've caught up a lot, but not everything. I'm going to watch the other seasons in the days between the releases of Season 8.

Have to have something to watch in the 6 days between each episode ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Been watching best of character videos on YouTube the past 2 hours good stuff especially Littlefinger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I have never watched Game of Thrones, thinking of starting it tomorow. Finished Sopranos . Whats its like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

wadacrack wrote: »
    I have never watched Game of Thrones, thinking of starting it tomorow. Finished Sopranos . Whats its like ?

Violence,incest and dragons! What more could you want from a TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Violence,incest and dragons! What more could you want from a TV show

Hopefully not too much of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you're okay with not being fully clued in, and are someone who prefers moments rather than seeing character development, then watch a youtube recap of each season before starting season 8

If you are one for watching characters and the world itself develop, and have the time to watch ~60 hours of content over the next few weeks before it ends then do that

I don't think you'd enjoy it going in blind with season 8, far too much will be going on for you to enjoy or follow

I started watching it about 2 years ago and had seasons 1-6 available to binge. It was probably the best few weeks I've had in TV watching as I didn't have to wait a week between each episode.

I didn't go in expecting much, but got hooked pretty quickly and ended up watching about 3 episodes a night consecutively.

Season 7 was agonising as I had to wait a week between each episode.

Probably a good idea to do the same before watching season 8, but you'll have to avoid your workmates casually saying what happened in season 8, and then by the time you've cleared off seasons 1-7 you'll have several episodes of season 8 ready to binge on.

Incidentally, I haven't seen a single Sopranos episode so I've got that to look forward to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Far more violent version of Lord of the Rings in many ways. Drags at times but Season 1-5 is mostly great and includes maybe half a dozen of the greatest scenes ever aired on tv. Season 6-7 not so much due to fact showrunners have no original content to go off and start completely destroying the logic of the world created in first 5 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Beyond excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Just finishing last episode on the catch up on sky Atlantic and I know i’m Going to stay up to watch tonight’s episode even though nothing will happen in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Only 6 episodes so something will happen surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I caved I'm on the last two episodes of 7. The hound is the greatest character of the whole series.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I'm doing the same, almost finished season 2 again! It's well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Finished the rewatch and few things
    *Apart from Daeny and Sansa/Ayra presumably wanting Jamie's head, important to remember The Karstarks will also want justice for Jamie killing Torheen Karstark in Season 2
    *Howlan Reed (Meeras father) was at Tower of Joy - he may have to be the one to confirm Jon's birth- be good to see him and good excuse to see Meera again in the show
    *In the citadel a throwaway remark by one of the Masters was about "A Drowned God will rise up and destroy Aegon the Conqueror" - so don't be surprised if Euron ends up killing one of Jon or Daeny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

wp_rathead wrote: »
    *In the citadel a throwaway remark by one of the Masters was about "A Drowned God will rise up and destroy Aegon the Conqueror" - so don't be surprised if Euron ends up killing one of Jon or Daeny

Or Theon could kill Dani if she threatens Sansa.

Advertisement