Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Easter bunny was in our house while we were away this evening. 15 year old daughter was worse than the younger lad going round the house looking for eggs. They will end up making buns out of the chocolate in a day or two

I asked the oh not to go over board with eggs as she normally does mental. Roll on this evening and she only had a tiny egg bought for the 4yo who was talking about the Easter bunny for the last month. She heard me saying get none. Que rush to Kilrush in the hope of getting something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

I asked the oh not to go over board with eggs as she normally does mental. Roll on this evening and she only had a tiny egg bought for the 4yo who was talking about the Easter bunny for the last month. She heard me saying get none. Que rush to Kilrush in the hope of getting something.

If the Easter bunny lands here, he’ll be gong into the pot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I was going to plant a few trees earlier in a spot I thought trees had died. Anyway as soon as I tried the ground with the spade I remembered that there was a few sheets of rebar left there after building the shed. So I spent 2 hours getting them up off the ground.
    Don't ya love when a half hour job turns into a 2 hour one and then ya still have the original half hour job left to do

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Odelay wrote: »
    Of the Easter bunny lands here, he’ll be gong into the pot!
    I would have been the same but watching them going around searching for the eggs- these are only tiny eggs from lidl- is great. Young lad screaming when he found eggs before his sister did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Your a brave women, mind you I had one by him when he first came out, initially they were saying he was easy calved:D what’s he now - 17%?

17.5%, but she's been on a diet for a few weeks now, hay, straw & oats with a bit of silage in the morning. Great big wide cow now, I'll be very disappointed if it's a section :(
    ganmo wrote: »
    I was going to plant a few trees earlier in a spot I thought trees had died. Anyway as soon as I tried the ground with the spade I remembered that there was a few sheets of rebar left there after building the shed. So I spent 2 hours getting them up off the ground.
    Don't ya love when a half hour job turns into a 2 hour one and then ya still have the original half hour job left to do

Ah be good for ya, work off the Easter eggs!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Following on from Patsy McCabe's posts that he's now a recognised "black irish"

Patsy you may interested to know where your and our ancestors came from.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47938188

It seems that the move northwards from Spain and northern Africa coincided with the Sahara drying up after the rains stopped and this thus previous rich farmland becoming worthless and the migration northwestwards towards Spain, France, southwest England and coastal Ireland began. Bringing with them their tradition of agriculture and stone circles with them.

https://www.livescience.com/4180-sahara-desert-lush-populated.html

I couldn't help think about the ethnicity of the builders of Stonehenge after that BBC article.

It got me wondering about what the first people in this country were like.
    It's nearly impossible to think of "native" people to Ireland as being anything but white.

But then think of the Andaman islanders off the Indian coast in the indian ocean. You know the ones who hit the news recently after that American eejit set out to convert them to Christianity.
    Anyway they're blacker than a coal mine.

This book was written years ago. And now he's been proved correct that the megalithic builders were indeed "black".
    Anyways I thought the pieces from it were interesting.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Megalith.html?id=JJLVBAAAQBAJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Odelay wrote: »
    Of the Easter bunny lands here, he’ll be gong into the pot!

I’m the same but the OH wants to have the Easter bunny visit so it’s happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Tag all calves here as soon as born. Saves a lot of hassle, see photos of calves on Facebook must be at least a month old with no tags....

What about horns
    When you do them?

What about horns
    When you do them?
    sucklers are pb angus so no problem there :D dairy calves are done at a few weeks old - tagged when born - and get coccidiosis dose at dehorning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Bullocks wrote: »
    Who is the local rep? Is joyces open on the bank Holiday Mondays think?

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Folks,

Met a neighbour there, who asked me would I have grazing for their pony...

Now, I prob would have the grass, as am understocked, but I don’t want to give it away either...

What’s a fair price for both of us...

It would just be for grass - I wouldn’t be responsible for checking them...

So, just looking for what would be the price per day/week/month or however it’s done...

Anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Folks,

Now, I prob would have the grass, as am understocked, but I don’t want to give it away either...

So, just looking for what would be the price per day/week/month or however it’s done...

Thanks...

I'm curious to what a fair rate would be, I'm gonna guess about a euro a day.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Folks,

Thanks...

Do you have sufficient insurance ??
    If your renting I’m not sure if public liability covers them in on your land, or if the animal escapes from your land onto the road.

Couldn’t imagine less than €200 a month for the inconvenience of having strangers about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

_Brian wrote: »
    If your renting I’m not sure if public liability covers them in on your land, or if the animal escapes from your land onto the road.

Couldn’t imagine less than €200 a month for the inconvenience of having strangers about the place.

I would agree about the insurance, a child falls off a horse or as you say it does harm, The claim would always target someone with an asset.
    I had a horse here for someone for a while and I'd never do it again

_Brian wrote: »

I hadn’t thought if the insurance to be honest Brian...

wrangler wrote: »
    I would agree about the insurance, a child falls off a horse or as you say it does harm, The claim would always target someone with an asset.
    I had a horse here for someone for a while and I'd never do it again

Just the bother of having the horse wrangler, or what was it putt you off?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Folks,

Thanks...

Draw up a lease for 1 paddock, tell him to get insurance. AFAIK if your cattle graze it once or twice during the year the BPS is ok.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Just the bother of having the horse wrangler, or what was it putt you off?

I did it for a 'friend' I rented them an acre because of the insurance issue, they fenced it at the start but wouldn't bother maintaining it after. The horse was always knocking it, he used to arse up to the rail to scratch and send them flying,
    Often had to throw the rails back into the paddock as they were all nails, eventually the horse stood on one of the nails himself and couldn't be ridden after, They'd never put in the horse in bad weather and the paddock was in sh..e. after a couple of years the daughter got sick of it anyway but wouldn't let him be sold either.
    I put them out when I leased the land

blue5000 wrote: »
    Draw up a lease for 1 paddock, tell him to get insurance. AFAIK if your cattle graze it once or twice during the year the BPS is ok.

To be honest, for the sake of 1 pony, for maybe only a few weeks I don’t think i’d bother... i’d just say I don’t have the grass...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

To be honest, for the sake of 1 pony, for maybe only a few weeks I don’t think i’d bother... i’d just say I don’t have the grass...
    Also if you had a cross compliance inspection and the owners didn't have a equine number with DAFM and your land designated as grazing then it could impact on your sfp.

• Advertisement

That's a desperate performance there by Manchester united

+1
    I think the going rate is only about €20/wk for grassonly livery..... Having the animal on farm and the job of collecting money wouldn't be worth the bother

The two atm's that were stolen from Kells on Friday morning have been "recovered" near the Meath/Monaghan border - I wonder if the money was still in them :rolleyes:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/two-atms-recovered-by-gardai-investigating-kells-theft-4601491-Apr2019/?utm_source=facebook_short&fbclid=IwAR04uiBAgbwEZOuKdES9elbeHEY9ubjYlZZitUEMv8nM5ViCzsiCaFm3oNQ

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Base price wrote: »
    The two atm's that were stolen from Kells on Friday morning have been "recovered" near the Meath/Monaghan border - I wonder if the money was still in them :rolleyes:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/two-atms-recovered-by-gardai-investigating-kells-theft-4601491-Apr2019/?utm_source=facebook_short&fbclid=IwAR04uiBAgbwEZOuKdES9elbeHEY9ubjYlZZitUEMv8nM5ViCzsiCaFm3oNQ

Course it was

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    Course it was

Maybe just an IOU ?

What a fantastic day.

What a fantastic day.

On duty today so STOP IT

Reggie. wrote: »
    On duty today so STOP IT
    Having a can of Bulmers out at my picnic bench....

This is more or less they way we are in this house after the dinner, Easter eggs and a couple of scoops. I have to head out after to feed calves that are on tad.

• Advertisement

Having a can of Bulmers out at my picnic bench....

Bitch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement