Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'd like to say I'm shocked that there are certain individuals in here still defending travellers but sadly, I'm not.

I do however encourage these defenders to wander through a halting site with all of their most valuable possessions on display though.

The usual suspects have gone very quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

ArtyC wrote: »
    Came to post this . I am furious . Always knew the craic but the actual
    Footage just made me boil! I'm working to keep a roof over my head
    No holidays, old car... grateful for what I do have . I mind what I have, because I earn it

Can you imagine living next door to that shít, trying to raise a family, encouraging your kids to be decent citizens, to try achieve on merit and a good work ethic.

Meanwhile the local ethnic group give 2 fingers to the rest of the area, the law, the environment, the state, persist in their entitlement and demands for culturally appropriate accomdation, playing the perpetual victim, enabled by gobshïtes who have little dealings with them.

Fcuk it, we need an Elliot Ness inspired clamp down on this scourge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

Can you imagine living next door to that shít, trying to raise a family, encouraging your kids to be decent citizens, to try achieve on merit and a good work ethic.

Meanwhile the local ethnic group give 2 fingers to the rest of the area, the law, the environment, the state, persist in their entitlement and demands for culturally appropriate accomdation, playing the perpetual victim, enabled by gobshïtes who have little dealings with them.

Fcuk it, we need an Elliot Ness inspired clamp down on this scourge.

And as a sign, today is his birthday.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliot_Ness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ah but remember, everyone....all that rubbish will have been dumped there by settled people! They probably set the fires while they were there too!
    My brother used to do plumbing in Galway (20+ years ago) and the company he worked must have always managed to be the lowest bidder because his team always got the: "go to this or that halting site and fix up the buildings". They used to be vacant most of the time but now and again they would turn up and there would be horses in them.

The sites were always destroyed, tiles gone from the roof, all windows and doors gone, all wood gone to burn cables, all copper pipes and electrical wires dug out of the walls. Basically anything that could be removed and sold were gone and usually the buildings got demolished and built again before being let to travellers again. In one case they were sent back to the same site 4 months after fixing it up to find it trashed and everything of value gone again. What did they do?, well fix it back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Travellers are not a race.

correct they are an ethnic minority.
    It’s merely a way of life like veganism or growing your own food in the garden, except the Traveller way of life is bankrupt and should be wiped out.

it is not possible to wipe it out. the only way it will become extinct is by itself as travelers slowly but surely move away from the nomadic lifestyle which is slowly happening by itself.
    Traveller children should be taken from their parents unless the parents are willing to have them educated and house them in brick and mortar homes.

there are already remedies available to the authorities to deal with children who are not being educated to the standards required and i am satisfied that they are used where possible.
    removing children because they don't live in a home of bricks and morter is laughable nonsense and i suspect will not be happening. if that was going to happen then the western world would be having large scale child removal programs as there are homes made from different construction materials either being built or have been built across the western world
    Anyone else who subjected their children to such squalor on a voluntary basis would have their kids taken from them, but Travellers play this bullsh1t race card which should be pulled from under them. They are not a race! They’re just like the rest of us, except they want us to support a morally bankrupt and unhealthy nomadic lifestyle.

i would suspect that isn/t guaranteed, as remember the system is under-funded and likely under-resourced.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

As the councillor said, "he is certainly not pointing the finger at travellers"

;)

That Councillor should grow a pair - he should stand up and say exactly what we all know, that the travellers destroyed it themselves and should be evicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

As the councillor said, "he is certainly not pointing the finger at travellers"

;)

That Councillor should grow a pair - he should stand up and say exactly what we all know, that the travellers destroyed it themselves and should be evicted.
    Maybe hes worried after the pathetic abuse that was dished out to Peter Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,890 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Would love to know who buys the copper piping and all the rest of the sh!t they gouge out of their own and often other people's houses and surroundings.

Anyone, anyone really who has the bottle to call this stuff out for what it is would top the poll.

There is no nice way of saying it, but people are fed up to the back teeth of this tip toeing around a very nasty issue in our society.

Travellers are not above the law, but they actually can be most of the time due to constant recidivism. Eyes roll, not you again Connors, six months suspended, Next!

At least Operation Thor is proving to be successful, long may it continue. Organised Crime is being tackled regardless of whether they are Travellers or not. They have one thing in common, they are criminals with no regard for the law of the land.

There..... I feel better after that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

PinotNero wrote: »
    Careful now. Remember Peter Casey is the evil one...

Careful; thats Palpatine Casey to you & me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Anyone, anyone really who has the bottle to call this stuff out for what it is would top the poll.

There is no nice way of saying it, but people are fed up to the back teeth of this tip toeing around a very nasty issue in our society.

Travellers are not above the law, but they actually can be most of the time due to constant recidivism. Eyes roll, not you again Connors, six months suspended, Next!

At least Operation Thor is proving to be successful, long may it continue. Organised Crime is being tackled regardless of whether they are Travellers or not. They have one thing in common, they are criminals with no regard for the law of the land.

There..... I feel better after that :P
    You and me both. !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Cienciano wrote: »
    More millions of cost to the taxpayer.

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/city-council-confirms-most-houses-at-controversial-ballybane-social-housing-development-unoccupied/

Travellers said the accommodation they destroyed themselves violated their human rights

https://www.thejournal.ie/galway-traveller-movement-accommodation-report-4136574-Jul2018/

Here's drone footage of the area

How the fúck do you decide to live in a caravan, then demand housing and after you destroy it, complain about it being destroyed and demand more be built?

The spinless councillers we vote in won't say a word to them about it.

I'm looking forward to mentioning it to them when they come to the door looking for my vote.

I'm looking forward to mentioning it to them when they come to the door looking for my vote.

It really just takes one Councillor to say it out, then the rest will follow because, well you know, Travellers don't bother voting anyway so policitians need to listen to those who do.

I do realise that there are laws out there under the Equality Act and so on, but realistically Travellers haven't a hope of being protected under that since they are not a separate race anyway. Neither are non Traveller organised crime gangs either.

Time to get tough now. Very happy to see that Operation Thor is yielding results. Needs to be ongoing now, just like it is/was for the other gangs too.

It has all gone a bit quiet now, which is a great credit to the new Commissioner. Those who went before him never lifted a finger really.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Was talking to a former councillor today who told me of a colleague of his came under so much pressure from these guys to get them anything and everything that they could claim, he had a nervous breakdown over them.
    The pressure and threats nearly finished him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Operation Thor is going on now because of the Local Elections.

When that's all done & dusted, assume Thor is over.

I'd love to see it continue, but it's worth mentioning to canvassers coming to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Is the incident in Killarney connected to the cork investigation

• Site Banned Posts: 11 rays cyst

Reminds me of the penguins from that docu series Earth From Space. You can tell from miles off that they’ve been by the trail of shīt they leave behind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

leeside11 wrote: »
    Was talking to a former councillor today who told me of a colleague of his came under so much pressure from these guys to get them anything and everything that they could claim, he had a nervous breakdown over them.
    The pressure and threats nearly finished him.

All they have to do is tape the travellers demanding stuff and threatening him and then go to the guards. If people started standing up to this lot, they wouldn't get away with so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

More millions of cost to the taxpayer.

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/city-council-confirms-most-houses-at-controversial-ballybane-social-housing-development-unoccupied/

Travellers said the accommodation they destroyed themselves violated their human rights

https://www.thejournal.ie/galway-traveller-movement-accommodation-report-4136574-Jul2018/

How the fúck do you decide to live in a caravan, then demand housing and after you destroy it, complain about it being destroyed and demand more be built?

Great piece of journalism. There should be more of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

This Bernard Sweeney fella has really out done himself this time. He decided that a tweet from Leo about the young journalist killed the other night would be the right time to compare to what apparently FG have done to the travellers.....

https://twitter.com/1bernardsweeney/status/1119174275255160833

There is a time and a place for that crap and on a message of condemnation against the murder of a young life isn't it. He should stick to trying to ride Maggie's hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He's a ****ing moron.

Danny_B wrote: »
    This Bernard Sweeney fella has really out done himself this time. He decided that a tweet from Leo about the young journalist killed the other night would be the right time to compare to what apparently FG have done to the travellers.....

https://twitter.com/1bernardsweeney/status/1119174275255160833

There is a time and a place for that crap and on a message of condemnation against the murder of a young life isn't it. He should stick to trying to ride Maggie's hole.

It seems that every thing attached to Travellers nowadays is pure dirt.

Is there any decent Travellers left to swing things into a positive light?

I think there isn't at this stage.

Hit them all with a big stick till they are all gone.

Only way to deal with them now.

They were too well looked after for far too long & now we are all paying the price for it.

It seems that every thing attached to Travellers nowadays is pure dirt.

Is there any decent Travellers left to swing things into a positive light?

I think there isn't at this stage.

Hit them all with a big stick till they are all gone.

Only way to deal with them now.

They were too well looked after for far too long & now we are all paying the price for it.

they were not to well looked after. they were simply given the same opportunities, treatment and protections as the rest of society. protections they especially need because of those who think every single traveler is the same, who fanticize about certain actions they would like to happen to them, who support or even engage in discrimination against them, not caring or bothering about the fact that there will be travelers who are not involved in criminality and who do contribute to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭John2136

they were not to well looked after. they were simply given the same opportunities, treatment and protections as the rest of society. protections they especially need because of those who think every single traveler is the same, who fanticize about certain actions they would like to happen to them, who support or even engage in discrimination against them, not caring or bothering about the fact that there will be travelers who are not involved in criminality and who do contribute to society.

Yeah...... the wives who only spend the dirty money and don't partake in the dirty actions to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

One of the things that stops the law or settled people getting involved or stopping travellers disgusting behaviour is they know they will be threatened and have their homes or other family members targeted.

There is no point any decent member of society engaging with a trouble making traveller as he knows they are not subject to the same criminal law that settled people are.

And now they are all such a violent & disgusting disaster.

Holy horrors of humanity, the lot of them.

You tell everyone here how to solve the problem of these savages.

Savages that are payed for & supported by hard pressed, hard working taxpayers of this country.

You have no real answers to this, just waffle.

People like you just can make any problem in the world worse than it already is.

For that reason, I'd dislike the likes of you way more than any bunch of Pavees.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,075 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only vermin could do this to properties rented out to them.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Only vermin could do this to properties rented out to them.

Self entitled Vermin, funded & encouraged by the State and the likes of EOTR.

We are paying for this form of human rubbish & it makes me vomit.

John2136 wrote: »
    Yeah...... the wives who only spend the dirty money and don't partake in the dirty actions to get it

no the ones, both male and female, who are decent, who are not involved in criminality and who contribute to society.

jk23 wrote: »
    One of the things that stops the law or settled people getting involved or stopping travellers disgusting behaviour is they know they will be threatened and have their homes or other family members targeted.

There is no point any decent member of society engaging with a trouble making traveller as he knows they are not subject to the same criminal law that settled people are.

they are subject to the same laws as settled people. plenty of them among the prison population.

• Advertisement

And now they are all such a violent & disgusting disaster.

nope, they aren't all such a violent and disgusting disaster. certainly a number of them are violent and disgusting and they are rightly dealt with for their behaviour. but they all are not as such and you will need to come to terms with that reality.
    Holy horrors of humanity, the lot of them.

nope, some.
    You tell everyone here how to solve the problem of these savages.

Savages that are payed for & supported by hard pressed, hard working taxpayers of this country.

what is currently being done. lock them up. it's as simple as that. insure the police are properly funded and resourced so that no criminal traveler or settled can slip through the cracks. increase sentences as well.
    You have no real answers to this, just waffle.

i've given the answers above. that is the best you are going to get. you are never going to eradicate criminality. no society is crime free. all you can do is keep the dangerous ones locked up for as long as possible or even indefinitely, and keep locking up the lower level ones each time they commit a crime worthy of being locked up.
    People like you just can make any problem in the world worse than it already is.

it is me who is the one that would be willing to deal with the issue. it is you and others who have no actual workable solutions and not me.
    For that reason, I'd dislike the likes of you way more than any bunch of Pavees.

i'm honestly not bothered about a randomer on a website's personal opinion of me tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement