Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Who shot him?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I know that everyone says the same in my position but I am actually an NRV.

My vote was cast for Ewan.

Claimed NRV, I actually missed this early when posted.
    Wolf.

Calls me a wolf right after Conors accusation, wolves working together?
    My thoughts:

Vernon is dodge. Hence my vote on him.
    Gertie is odd, but jury is out.
    Tegan calling Frank out on suspicious post- could be my paranoia but it feels staged.
    Frank calling the village “they” instead of “us” was odd.

Other than that, nothing major.

Oh I think Conor is good. Hunch.

Literally everything about this post. Katie is next on my list, call it a hunch ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Steve WW wrote: »

Literally everything about this post. Katie is next on my list, call it a hunch ;)

Conor , Tegan and Katie... all low posters remaining under the radar!!! Hmmm. I remember a barrage of abuse when I originally suggested we try to get lower posters posting.

It’s funny cause I thought Katie and Tegan might be on the same team. I thought they were trying to push the lynch back onto Mary by using the first goldrush that Vernon messes up.

My would be to look closer at them both tomorrow.

Who shot Conor?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Who shot Conor?

The vig who would not want to put themselves on the thread.

Speaking of whom, great work with Conor who I think had to be a wolf due to being on the failed 1-5 GR list while the others around him were since cleared. No point letting him live longer and allowing him to muddy the waters.

As Steve says Katie now looks a bit dodgy especially for me due to her only good lean having been the only wolf we’ve caught. That said I’m more inclined to follow Brendan or Gertie for now and wait to see how much and goldrush change things

Wish Ewan had fought the lynch - if you’re s villager always fight

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    The vig who would not want to put themselves on the thread.

Speaking of whom, great work with Conor who I think had to be a wolf due to being on the failed 1-5 GR list while the others around him were since cleared. No point letting him live longer and allowing him to muddy the waters.

As Steve says Katie now looks a bit dodgy especially for me due to her only good lean having been the only wolf we’ve caught. That said I’m more inclined to follow Brendan or Gertie for now and wait to see how much and goldrush change things

Wish Ewan had fought the lynch - if you’re s villager always fight
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Hearst and his wolves had Frank surrounded. The outcome was inevitable...

Frank WW is dead

He was
    Seth Bullock - Sheriff of Deadwood

Not sure if your just a lazy villager paying zero attention or a lazy wolf!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Conor , Tegan and Katie... all low posters remaining under the radar!!! Hmmm. I remember a barrage of abuse when I originally suggested we try to get lower posters posting.

It’s funny cause I thought Katie and Tegan might be on the same team. I thought they were trying to push the lynch back onto Mary by using the first goldrush that Vernon messes up.

My would be to look closer at them both tomorrow.

This is nonsense. AFTER it had been suggested that IF Ewan was good then Conor was likely bad I went back to look at all the goldrush stuff and noticed tjat everyone had been ignoring the first one in which Mary had first vote and wolves won. Just cause we'd found one wolf doesn't mean we stop looking and I've seen villages lose by overlooking the obvious or ignoring things that happen on the first day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Not sure if your just a lazy villager paying zero attention or a lazy wolf!

I didn’t read the sheriff as the vig at all, I’m guessing Al and his trusty blade are.

Two players didn't post during Goldrush. First posts after gold rush from both of them. Just pointing it out if we are working on a wolf being MIA yesterday. Either that or they doubled up on a wolf buddy in the top 3 along with two villagers
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Well those events mean my top two suspects are now gone.

quote="Angus WW;109949425"]I’m not going to get to catch up on thread before the lynch tonight. Anyone care to fill me in on who was wolfie today :D[/quote]

Two players didn't post during Goldrush. First posts after gold rush from both of them. Just pointing it out if we are working on a wolf being MIA yesterday. Either that or they doubled up on a wolf buddy in the top 3 along with two villagers
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Well those events mean my top two suspects are now gone.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I’m not going to get to catch up on thread before the lynch tonight. Anyone care to fill me in on who was wolfie today :D

Feckin Quotes

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Steve WW wrote: »

Your hunch is wrong unfortunately.

I am around for the gold rush if needed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    A shot has been fired.

Conor WW/George Hearst is dead.

Awesome!

Morning all. Happier catching up this morning. Hearst gone seems to mean we’re using the GR mechanics correctly. Ballsy bastard Hearst though if the wolves took a risk on GR1 when he was in slot 5

For today’s GR, my take is we should again use it as a mechanism to clear villagers or tag groups of wolves for the seer to focus on. Prizes are good but cleared village core is better imho

Mary WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Happier catching up this morning. Hearst gone seems to mean we’re using the GR mechanics correctly. Ballsy bastard Hearst though if the wolves took a risk on GR1 when he was in slot 5

For today’s GR, my take is we should again use it as a mechanism to clear villagers or tag groups of wolves for the seer to focus on. Prizes are good but cleared village core is better imho

I'm on the opposite side to be honest, collect prizes and go from there! GR can be manipulated somewhat by wolves, I'd leave same top 3 and potentially switch 4 and 5 around throughout the day. With only 3 wolves left we are forcing them to stick or twist if one of the top 3 is a wolf while also clearing another villager each time.

I'm on the opposite side to be honest, collect prizes and go from there! GR can be manipulated somewhat by wolves, I'd leave same top 3 and potentially switch 4 and 5 around throughout the day. With only 3 wolves left we are forcing them to stick or twist if one of the top 3 is a wolf while also clearing another villager each time.

Well I do get where you’re coming from, but every cleared villager also gets us a prize so on balance we’re not actually that worse off prize wise either

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Your hunch is wrong unfortunately.

I am around for the gold rush if needed.

We will see latter but I don’t feel it is a bad hunch.

Agreed.

I think we should lower the chances of wolves picking up bullets.if we have a stronger village core right now, any possible bonus powers should be kept in their hands.

I still don't think Conor was the ring leader even though his character was. I thought it was Mary but she seems to helpful so we have to look to someone else who is intelligent, or else I'm giving Mary a pass and I shouldn't.

Maybe I was underestimating Conor, but I don't think I was. He was willing to risk himself at the start, to me that reaffirms ti as someone who was doing what they was told, rather than doing the telling.

Katie should 100% be the target next, by simple laws of deduction but if we can get the organizer, the rest should fall easily. The organizer is one of us, one who posts frequent enough that we've accepted them as safe. The question is who? If not Mary, who?

I still don't think Conor was the ring leader even though his character was. I thought it was Mary but she seems to helpful so we have to look to someone else who is intelligent, or else I'm giving Mary a pass and I shouldn't.

Maybe I was underestimating Conor, but I don't think I was. He was willing to risk himself at the start, to me that reaffirms ti as someone who was doing what they was told, rather than doing the telling.

Katie should 100% be the target next, by simple laws of deduction but if we can get the organizer, the rest should fall easily. The organizer is one of us, one who posts frequent enough that we've accepted them as safe. The question is who? If not Mary, who?

Looking at GR 3 and 4, and looking at how GR1 unfolded, I’d be thinking of des (sorry des). Would be saying seer peek (maybe two) rather than lynch tbh though

Looking at GR 3 and 4, and looking at how GR1 unfolded, I’d be thinking of des (sorry des). Would be saying seer peek (maybe two) rather than lynch tbh though

I'm not saying it is him but if it is he has been super clever for today. Get everyone to agree he is safe and then remove himself from today's discussion so he can't be seen to be influencing in the safe knowledge he won't be voted for.

(Boards doing something funny, apologies if double post)

Looking at how GR3 and GR4 played out yesterday and looking at how GR1 ran I’d be saying Des (sorry Des). Would probably wants. Deer peek (or two) rather than a lynch though

• Advertisement

I'm not saying it is him but if it is he has been super clever for today. Get everyone to agree he is safe and then remove himself from today's discussion so he can't be seen to be influencing in the safe knowledge he won't be voted for.

I’m more interested in #4 winning twice yesterday. Looking at GR1 the wolves appear to have blocked 1,2,....etc. that was why I thought Conor was being ballsy and risking being caught. But another option is they take their place and then fill what they can after. That would mean if a wolf was assigned 5 there’s be a gap, at 4. And if a wolf fills it then 6 wins and they’re caught.

Just a theory I admit

(Boards doing something funny, apologies if double post)

Looking at how GR3 and GR4 played out yesterday and looking at how GR1 ran I’d be saying Des (sorry Des). Would probably wants. Deer peek (or two) rather than a lynch though

The issue there is, say...if the seer checked Des and he came back good, the chances of picking the one baddy who showed as good would have been quite low. Would the seer have risked a second peek, rather than going with the stats and trying someone else like Katie?

Phil WW wrote: »
    The issue there is, say...if the seer checked Des and he came back good, the chances of picking the one baddy who showed as good would have been quite low. Would the seer have risked a second peek, rather than going with the stats and trying someone else like Katie?

It’s a fair point, would he be worth peeking twice. I don’t know tbh, I’m really just putting a theory out there

(BG, I hope you’re around....)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Great stuff with Conor gone last night. Saves us hoping for a prize to take him out or waiting all day to lynch him.

Depends on how we want to play this, but if we put me at 3 and Gertie at 4 or switch it about even then I don't think the wolves can cover the prizes.

I’m more interested in #4 winning twice yesterday. Looking at GR1 the wolves appear to have blocked 1,2,....etc. that was why I thought Conor was being ballsy and risking being caught. But another option is they take their place and then fill what they can after. That would mean if a wolf was assigned 5 there’s be a gap, at 4. And if a wolf fills it then 6 wins and they’re caught.

Just a theory I admit

There was 4 wolves yesterday,

They either blocked 1-3 on both occasions as someone was AWOL hoping for a Vern like mistake or one of the top 3 is a wolf and they doubled up in an effort to clear one of the top 3.

Today's gold rush will give us a bit of an idea on that tbh as they can't double up and block the first 3 following Conors bullet to the skull last night

We also have only three wolves today. Does that give us a little more scope to control the GR?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

We also have only three wolves today. Does that give us a little more scope to control the GR?

Beat ya to it, Mary :D
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Great stuff with Conor gone last night. Saves us hoping for a prize to take him out or waiting all day to lynch him.

Depends on how we want to play this, but if we put me at 3 and Gertie at 4 or switch it about even then I don't think the wolves can cover the prizes.

Brendan WW wrote: »

Leave top 3 the same, it'll confirm me or one of the others as villagers or it'll do the opposite and you've one wolf in three to pick from. Worst case scenario is the block first 3 and whoever is 4 gets the prize

• Advertisement

Also 4 needs to be Gertie or Brendan so we know for sure if we lose then it's a wolf in top 3

Advertisement