Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How big will my fine be for non payment of m 50 toll

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Actually I just remembered, when you get the court judgement you have so many days to lodge a defence and go to court but you will he in a room with 100 other people their for the same reasons and the judge won't want to listen to you, or anyone else for that matter. All the excuses and arguments you will have in you head people will probable say to the judge before your turn. They have heard it all before, over and over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

rugbyman wrote: »
    ... allowed a fine to go unpaid.(have settled a few cases for reasonable sums.)

You'd think at this stage you might consider paying for these things as they fall due instead...

Enjoy your day in Court.

I don't get why some people think it is OK to skate along without paying for services. Headline article in my local paper says 60% of council tennants are in arrears of rent - and they are only asked for a pittance - but they think nothing can be done to them, just like the OP thinks he can avoid his dues and get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Apparently you can end up in Stubbs Gazette too

http://www.pierse.ie/publications/m50-barrier-free-tolling-faq/
    Once Judgment has issued one or more of the following will happen:

Judgment may be registered in the Central Office of the High Court, which will result in the Judgment being published in Stubbs Gazette.
    Judgment may be placed in the hands of the Sheriff for seizure
    An Instalment Order may be obtained against you
    A Judgment Mortgage may be registered against any property you might own.

You might note that you being the Defendant will be liable to pay the Judgment costs once it has issued

You potentially have up to €5,000 fine AND costs.

Have you tried contacting Pierse Fitzgibbon's and asking them what they would accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

rugbyman wrote: »
    We got all the usual letters, for whatever reason we ignored them is not the point here.i will not find it hard to defend my stupidity in not paying. But what I am seeking today is info on what some other person in similar circumstances, got fined

This is the point though and will greatly determine the leniency (or guaranteed lack of it) you will get in the amount of the fine.

PS - stupidity as a defence will not grant leniency either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 FOTW

My boss had to go to court for two trips €800 euro was what they wanted judge said he had to pay €200. He had solicitor present his case financial hardship never had problems before willing to pay €200. Solicitor cost him €200. All in all €400 paid. This was back in early 2010 not sure if things have changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Headline article in my local paper says 60% of council tennants are in arrears of rent - and they are only asked for a pittance -
    Usually business arrears of rates are higher than tenant rent arrears

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

iamtony wrote: »
    Op I've been down this road and because your a serial offender and they have given you leeway in the past it's unlikely they will do it for €50. Ring them with a more reasonable offer of about €3-500 and they should accept that if your being nice.
    You more than likely won't get a summons but you will get a notice of judgement from the court where they present the case to a judge and the judge gives an order. At that stage it will have cost them money and time and they will want more to settle. I settled a €3000 bill for €1000.
    It was all my own stupidity. Because they let me pay six euro per trip to clear my bill in the past I thought they would do it again so I let a few build up but they wouldn't play ball. Biggest waste of money even.
    P.s they are ****ers for sending the sheriff to repossess. It's the majority of the sheriffs work these days.
    Honestly give them a few hundred or offer a few quid a week till you can get a lump sum to settle.

And the f you take someone to the small claims court the sheriff will call once and if nobody’s at home they won’t bother calling back.

Advertisement