Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers, Olympia, 12th of May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anyone else get a standing ticket for this and have problems getting a printed e-ticket. It didn't say it was a ticketless gig but no option at moment for printing a ticket from the App.

Print at home tickets are not available ,its mobile entry only .
    You can get paper tickets sent out if you wish .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

How the hell they supporting Bon Jovi??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sasta le wrote: »

They've always had stadium rock aspirations and haven't really hidden it.

That plus a big bag of money I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

It's not the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Rothko wrote: »

It's not the first time.

In 93 they were early in their career, no excuse now, me girlfriend and mates cant understand it at all, worst pairing in the history of popular music imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

In 93 they were early in their career, no excuse now, me girlfriend and mates cant understand it at all, worst pairing in the history of popular music imo.

Nah, I think Jimi Hendrix supporting the Monkees was a lot worse lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They cannot rely on album sales, they've a studio they've not long finished which was probably not a small investment. A big wodge of cash for doing support and possibly shifting a bit of merch would be a very tempting prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

They cannot rely on album sales, they've a studio they've not long finished which was probably not a small investment. A big wodge of cash for doing support and possibly shifting a bit of merch would be a very tempting prospect.

What Bon Jovi fans like Manics and vice versa? Like putting on Tool and Spice Girls on the same bill. Really pissing on their fans who couldn't get Olympia tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

worst pairing in the history of popular music imo.

slane 2004

Iggy Pop and the Stooges
    Madonna (headliner)

My guess was women being able to drag an unwilling partner along.

Snarky Snark Snark

What Bon Jovi fans like Manics and vice versa? Like putting on Tool and Spice Girls on the same bill. Really pissing on their fans who couldn't get Olympia tickets.

Unlikely that was their intention, but if you're that butthurt about it then write them a strongly worded letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Don't forget that the Manics have had several anthemic chart hits so it would not be in the least bit surprising for Bon Jovi fans to like them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Another odd support was Paddy Casey supporting Pearl Jam or The Blizzards supporting ACDC

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Another odd support was Paddy Casey supporting Pearl Jam or The Blizzards supporting ACDC

Was at that PJ gig(2000 iirc) and poor Paddy didn’t get a great reception!! Strange choice

Was at that PJ gig(2000 iirc) and poor Paddy didn’t get a great reception!! Strange choice

2006?
    Paddy Casey had only just released Amen So Be It in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hey so managed to get two tickets on Viagogo, had never used it and then was terrified afterwards when I read such mixed reviews. Email this morning to say my tickets are being shipped to me today, just wanted to check if anyone else had received tickets yet if they asked for them to be sent out? After seeing people saying they got fake tickets I’m worrying a lot now!

Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone actually receive their tickets for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

I havent received them either

Snarky Snark Snark

Grand so

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

My tickets arrived in the post yesterday ( Friday 1st)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Acosta

Don't forget that the Manics have had several anthemic chart hits so it would not be in the least bit surprising for Bon Jovi fans to like them

A few from Generation Terrorists and a some hits and I'd say Bon Jovi fans would be happy enough.

Snarky Snark Snark

laros wrote: »
    My tickets arrived in the post yesterday ( Friday 1st)

Same, surprised they were not the new paper ticket format.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just got a Resale Ticket from Ticketmaster (standing) so there's another one there if anyone's looking.

Not entirely sure what a resale is.

I think if you can't make the gig, you can put it back on sale? :confused: Their own version of Toutless?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Just got a Resale Ticket from Ticketmaster (standing) so there's another one there if anyone's looking.

Not entirely sure what a resale is.

I think if you can't make the gig, you can put it back on sale? :confused: Their own version of Toutless?
    toutless do not let you sell above face. This resale thing lashes on another service charge and a handling fee.

However the one I see at the moment is being sold below face value, so is actually cheaper than it would be. The ticket should originally have cost €61.30 including all fees. (€54.50 before fees). So the seller is losing money and ticketmaster get an extra tenner in fees. From what I see they also still get the original service charge too.

Cost Breakdown
    Tickets 1
    €50.00
    Service Charge (inc VAT)
    €7.50
    Handling Fee
    €2.50
    Total to Pay
    €60.00

The cost was what confused me and made me think of Toutless.

I thought €60 seemed too reasonable as any other resale/Viagogo thing was always well above price.

Thanks for the reassurance - half afraid I got swindled caused Ticketmaster in general :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Zwillinge wrote: »
    The cost was what confused me and made me think of Toutless.

I thought €60 seemed too reasonable as any other resale/Viagogo thing was always well above price.

Thanks for the reassurance - half afraid I got swindled caused Ticketmaster in general :pac:
    Is your ticket a mobile ticket then? How did the transfer work?

I got an order confirmation emailed from Ticketmaster with an Order Number for Reference.

It has a breakdown of the costs for €60.

How Will I Recieve My Tickets?
    If eTickets, they'll be emailed otherwise they'll be posted to given address.
    At the end of the email it states: "Once we've completed out checks, we'll be back in touch to confirm how you will receive your tickets."

Waiting game now, I suppose. :o

Have since gotten an email saying that my tickets will be emailed to me 3-4 days before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pearl787

I put tickets up for resale for a different show and got an email to say they were sold. However I won't receive payment for them until 10 days after the event, which is in July. (!) Very handy that they have this feature now as it saved me trying to sell the tickets myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

pearl787 wrote: »
    I put tickets up for resale for a different show and got an email to say they were sold. However I won't receive payment for them until 10 days after the event, which is in July. (!) Very handy that they have this feature now as it saved me trying to sell the tickets myself.

Seems strange that you wont get paid until after the event as I thought Ticketmaster cancel your tickets and issue the buyer with new barcodes .
    I cant see why they need to wait until after the event to pay you.

Advertisement