Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manic Street Preachers, Olympia, 12th of May 2019

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That was a lot of fun :)

That was the second CD I ever bought when I was 12 and they were the second band I ever seen live - Smithfield with JJ72 (Big ole crush on Mark Greany at the time [ffs :o])

Hearing that album in full and live was a complete teenage memory stirrer for me - from first gigs, first crushes, hanging out with friends on walls in pissings of rain...
    Gloomy teenage life with a gloomier soundtrack :)

That resale ticket ended up being so strange. It was supposed to be emailed to me, then posted to me. I rang up Ticketmaster and seems they made a blunder as the Olympia can't scan PDFs (despite my bringing PDFs to the Olympia before :rolleyes:) so they had to give me a Reference Code to the Box Office to print off the ticket.
    A guy next to me was having similar issues. In fairness to the Box Office they had never heard of ReSale tickets before.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I didn't expect Prologue, Sleepflower or Solitude to be played.

The rest I expected seeming that it's their usual singles.

setlist.fm has some extra info saying when songs were played last, e.g. Born a Girl (First time since 1998)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/manic-street-preachers/2019/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-2b90ccee.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great night. Disappointed that they didn't play Nobody Loved You but Prologue To History and Sleepflower were nice surprises. I'd agree that it was very loud, my ears are still ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Not even joking, i think my right ear is damaged after that. its still Ringing this morning but not as bad as last night.

enjoyed the gig, hadnt seen them since a trip to tipp in 97 i think.
    Weepsie wrote: »
    Solitude sometimes is was a nice surprise. Wonder if they played it all much since 04 tour. Only tour I've heard any lifeblood stuff.

That was also bloody loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

Nothing from The Holy Bible is never a good set IMO, but nice to see Solitude Sometimes Is and Sleepflower in there.

Didn't bother going as I've never been a massive Truth fan and the last album was so bad it's still fresh in my memory. However Truth was the first tour I saw them on so have very fond memories of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Will it be the same setlist for the rds?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

roadmaster wrote: »

No. They won't have nearly as long a set. 45-60mins. More of a greatest hits/singles you'd think. Might get a good smattering of Generation Terrorists and Gold Against The Soul given that's the stuff they would've been playing when they first supported Bon Jovi in 1993
    • Sleepflower
    • From Despair to Where
    • La tristesse durera (Scream to a Sigh)
    • Slash 'n' Burn
    • Motorcycle Emptiness
    • Repeat (UK)
    • Stay Beautiful
    • Life Becoming a Landslide
    • Roses in the Hospital
    • Motown Junk
    • You Love Us

Their set in 93. That'd be bloody great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

roadmaster wrote: »

Doubt it. I’d assume a standard festival type greatest hits set.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

there are plenty of festival setlists of theirs to look at
    https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=manic+street+preachers

Advertisement