Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

STEVIE WONDER 3 Arena Tuesday, July 9th 2019

• 08-04-2019 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭

Stevie Wonder to play Dublin's 3Arena this summer https://jrnl.ie/4581281

He's been on my list for ages, (don't know why I'm even sharing this with you all.)

Tickets on sale this Friday at 9am
    From €99.50

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Id love to see him, particularly as a heritage act in a festival, but I find that €100+ is just too much to pay for a gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

€98.50 - €188.50

Stevie just called to say he loves Irish ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Don't forget the €7.15 service charge!

the 188.50 might not even be the highest. I think a few gigs have had higher prices than initially declared, pretty sure the rolling stones ones did not declare the price of the best pit tickets.

UK prices for Stevie

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/british-summer-time-stevie-wonder-london-06-07-2019/event/37005666BF6515DE

General Admission TicketGeneral Admission Ticket detailed description
    £84.25 ea

Primary Entry TicketPrimary Entry Ticket detailed description
    £95.25 ea
    SELECT
    Gold Circle TicketGold Circle Ticket detailed description
    £185.95 ea
    SELECT
    Barclaycard VIP Summer Garden TicketBarclaycard VIP Summer Garden Ticket detailed description
    £251.95 ea
    SELECT
    The Terrace TicketThe Terrace Ticket detailed description
    £324.95 ea
    SELECT
    Diamond Circle TicketDiamond Circle Ticket detailed description
    £324.95 ea

18801s.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

(9th of July, mods please edit thread title!)

You can edit it yourself.
    Edit post > go advanced and edit it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The boom is back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭RINO87

Fairly steep prices alright, I just can't see the point.......

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Gold Circle has been over taken now with DIAMOND Circle at 75% over the price of GC!
    Boom is back for sure.
    €105 for starting Irish price is a bit high all right but once off concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Massive fan for years. Sir Duke and Master Blaster live alone would be brilliant to see live. But 100 snots a ticket and shur, you'd hardly go alone so another 100 for the missus. Thats a lot of money

No chance we can pay him cash for the ticket, slip him 2 twenties and tell him they're 50s?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I'm not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Legends always charge around this. Bruce has been charging 100 for standing for a decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Standing gone already. nightmare:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Censored11

Its sad the way big concerts have gone. Pre-sales and extortionate pricing.
    I used to go to all the big gigs & would have loved to go see Stevie but I've been priced out of these events now.
    Lucky you to the people who got tickets, have a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I just got 2 GA tickets.

I was there in 2010 and it was an excellent night.

I had no interest this time, but my brother who missed the last gig was looking for someone to go with him so I said, sure why not.

€273.30 for 2 standing tickets. I know i've no right to complain, as i'm the one who shelled out, but that's fúcking madness altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pinkman wrote: »
    Standing gone already. nightmare:mad:

No it hasn't. They're just trying to make you panic buy the more expensive shítty seated tickets at the back.
    Pinkman wrote: »
    Legends always charge around this. Bruce has been charging 100 for standing for a decade.

Not quite. 70 quid creeping up to 90 last time out.

Its the norm now for these big acts unfortunately.
    €273.30 for 2 standing tickets. I know i've no right to complain, as i'm the one who shelled out, but that's fúcking madness altogether.

WTF? I thought the were 99 each + fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Nal wrote: »

The only €99 ones were the tiered seating at the sides, and they were sold out.
    The standing were sold out too, strangely.
    Then i got the option to buy 2 no. 3+ GA tickets for €273 incl fees. (GA are standing tickets)

It's possible the 3+ tickets i got were more expensive than the standing tickets in the general sale on Friday, i'm not sure about that tbh.

The Nal wrote: »

Third post in this thread ,prices €98.50 - €188.50

The from 98.50 is just the starting price and extremely misleading as there were probably only a handful of tickets at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Good man stevie no wonder its a party and you charging 100 euro a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I just got 2 GA tickets.

I was there in 2010 and it was an excellent night.

I had no interest this time, but my brother who missed the last gig was looking for someone to go with him so I said, sure why not.

Legend and all as he is, that's a disgusting amount of money for a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Just a heads up for anyone trying to guess pricing for this for the morning..was just on 3 presale link and there were single tickets available in blocks N, P and KK..Rows 40,42 etc so right at the back of the 3arena. All of these tickets were priced at ,€159 + booking fees so it seems if you want decent seats in the lower blocks your going to be paying just below €200 a ticket with the fees..crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i was looking forward to seeing him again since he played the last time. i think tickets then were €80ish. it was an excellent night.

but i can't justify going to this at that price. pity

• Advertisement

i was looking forward to seeing him again since he played the last time. i think tickets then were €80ish. it was an excellent night.

but i can't justify going to this at that price. pity
    And it seems a whole load of people thought the same as you this morning..the only seats available in the lower blocks (certainly in the app anyway) were in blocks A and G out at the sides and and at the full €189+ booking price. Of course when i found tickets in blocks C and D they were exclusively in the platinum package and were..wait for it..€450 each..gouging at its finest. Thanks ticketbastard but no thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

And it seems a whole load of people thought the same as you this morning..the only seats available in the lower blocks (certainly in the app anyway) were in blocks A and G out at the sides and and at the full €189+ booking price. Of course when i found tickets in blocks C and D they were exclusively in the platinum package and were..wait for it..€450 each..gouging at its finest. Thanks ticketbastard but no thanks!!

jasus...i didn't even spot that! €450.....fuggin hell!!

jasus...i didn't even spot that! €450.....fuggin hell!!

Well at least you get a seat for that price ,its £324.95 to stand in the Diamond Circle in a park in London .:p

I just called to say I love You-ro's :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Platinum tickets are dead, long live Platinum tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Currently there are no platinum tickets on sale, and the other tickets are only in the upper seated section or standing. No doubt this will change again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I got my single standing ticket with ease this morning, so am delighted.
    I don't think anyone is worth paying hundreds for, unless they're gonna perform in my living room, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Got my two standing tickets, and am well happy. Gig is on the night of my birthday too. I didn't want to miss this (potentially last) chance for me to see him live.
    The ticket price is very steep though... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I would have gone but not at those prices, over €320 for 2 tickets. :eek:
    There will be loads of tickets returned in next few days.
    Loads on ***gogo which won't sell and because of the T/M guarantee (which gives the sellers a free get out card), these will be back on sale in a few days.
    If the prices weren't so steep, they would have sold more tickets.

Advertisement