Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Cienciano wrote: »
    But picking a guy on the basis that he hates travellers to represent our interests in Europe is fúcking stupid

When did he say he hated travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Cienciano wrote:
    But picking a guy on the basis that he hates travellers to represent our interests in Europe is fúcking stupid

He doesn't hate travellers, he said everyone should be treated the same. Can't see an issue with that sentiment myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,148 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He doesn't hate travellers, he said everyone should be treated the same. Can't see an issue with that sentiment myself.

Nobody ever denied that there are issues around travellers that need addressing.

What Casey primarily achieved was unleashing the hate mongers, who are very good at hating but are short on any practical solutions (which granting of ethnic status was intended to be) like Casey himself. He even surprised himself at the vitriol he unleashed and had to take a break from the campaign to deal with it.

What Casey primarily achieved was unleashing the hate mongers, who are very good at hating but are short on any practical solutions (which granting of ethnic status was intended to be) like Casey himself. He even surprised himself at the vitriol he unleashed and had to take a break from the campaign to deal with it.

Casey put the spotlight on traveller behaviour, the lefties went ape****.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Put the spotlight on it? No-one was talking about it before?

• Advertisement

Nobody ever denied that there are issues around travellers that need addressing.

Didn't you and a group of your buddies make a compliant about Casey to the Guards? How did that work out? They arrest him yet?

And achieved precisely what?

They got to vent I suppose, but in practical terms, that just entrenched positions more.
    Great.
    Now he is going to try it again and run a campaign that is Irexit in everything but name, which allows him to do exactly the same thing as he did with travellers - i.e. he will voice soundbytes that appeal to those who have a kneejerk, irrational dislike/hate of the EU then wave his hands and say I never said I hate the EU. :rolleyes:

How'd your compliant work out against Casey? Incitement to hatred or some other spurious claim wasn't it? Did you give the Guards proof not just your opinion.

Didn't you and a group of your buddies make a compliant about Casey to the Guards? How did that work out? They arrest him yet?

Yes we did and it went nowhere. What he said didn't reach the 'threshold' apparently.

You can see that as luck on Casey's part, or that he cleverly crafted it to fall short of incitement legislation.

Yes we did and it went nowhere. What he said didn't reach the 'threshold' apparently.

Yeah I remember several telling you your compliant would be filed in the bin.

• Advertisement

Oh my god

:D

This morning I cleverly hid the fact that I am a thief by cheekily paying for my milk and bread. The spar shop are so stupid, I get away with my cunning plan every day!!!

Oh my god

Hilarious isn't it, Casey said he thinks everyone should be treated the same and a bunch of ........... make a formal complaint to the Guards. You couldn't make it up.

Yeah I remember several telling you your compliant would be filed in the bin.

Well the answer we got suggests that it wasn't 'filed in the bin' as somebody had to review what was said to reach the conclusion given.

I am happy that I did my civic duty and call it out. And will do so again if necessary. So your dismissive patronising point is falling on deaf ears TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

You can see that as luck on Casey's part, or that he cleverly crafted it to fall short of incitement legislation.

Bahahaha

Any respect I had for your lot COMPLETELY EVAPORATED! :pac::pac::pac:

Well the answer we got suggests that it wasn't 'filed in the bin' as somebody had to review what was said to reach the conclusion given.

I am happy that I did my civic duty and call it out. And will do so again if necessary. So your dismissive patronising point is falling on deaf ears TBH

Did you do your civic duty and call out Mary Lou when she marched behind a banner with the slogan England get out of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Following review it then went in the bin

mgn wrote: »
    Did you do your civic duty and call out Mary Lou when she marched behind a banner with the slogan England get out of Ireland.

Why would I do that?

The fact you had to respond contradicts you.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    He wants to ban single use plastics, that will mean more tax for consumers if he’s successful.

I agree with his views on travellers, but unless he comes up with an alternative to single use plastics we’ll all have to pay for it.

His starting point should be to run for local election.

Most single use plastics are unnecessary. We don't need water from bottles, the taps are full of the stuff. We don't need plastic glasses and straws when you can drink straight from the paper cup. We survived for millennia without them. We're paying a fortune anyway cleaning it up from all the hedgerows in every part of the country. If they are used both the user and the producer should be taxed to pay for the clean up. Alternatives will be found when there's a cost saving to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

They got to vent I suppose, but in practical terms, that just entrenched positions more.
    Great.
    Now he is going to try it again and run a campaign that is Irexit in everything but name, which allows him to do exactly the same thing as he did with travellers - i.e. he will voice soundbytes that appeal to those who have a kneejerk, irrational dislike/hate of the EU then wave his hands and say I never said I hate the EU. :rolleyes:

Hope you have proof of that. Would hate to see Casey make a complaint to the Gardai against you.

Edgware wrote: »
    Following review it then went in the bin

Fair enough.
    Was the prospect of that happening reason enough to not do it in the first place, (having witnessed the bile and hate he unleashed). Absolutely not.

Anyhoo, Casey may have a chance at Harkins vacant seat along with the former winner of the lovely girl contest M Walshe. I reckon Ming is safe if he contests the Euro elections.

The fact you had to respond contradicts you.

Well I got in before you accused me of running away. I can't win either way, it seems.

What are you making of his anti Euro currency stance by the way? Or are you single issue concerned only?

What are you making of his anti Euro currency stance by the way? Or are you single issue concerned only?

I could care less what his stance on the Euro is tbh. We are stuck with and it's going nowhere. Also I'm not shocked at a wannabe candidate saying something that resonates with a section of the electorate, it's generally what they do to try and get elected. Like SF appealing to the wasters in society by promising to gave them more money for nothing if they get elected.

Why would I do that?

You seem to take your civic duty seriously.I would have thought to someone like you a banner like that would entice hatred to the English living in Ireland.

mgn wrote: »
    You seem to take your civic duty seriously.I would have thought to someone like you a banner like that would entice hatred to the English living in Ireland.

I 'educated/informed' myself as to what the banner was about. It has nothing whatsoever to do with 'English people living in Ireland'.

I could care less what his stance on the Euro is tbh. We are stuck with and it's going nowhere. Also I'm not shocked at a wannabe candidate saying something that resonates with a section of the electorate, it's generally what they do to try and get elected. Like SF appealing to the wasters in society by promising to gave them more money for nothing if they get elected.

Are you voting for him this time out?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Fair enough.
    Was the prospect of that happening reason enough to not do it in the first place, (having witnessed the bile and hate he unleashed). Absolutely not.

What hatred and bile did he unleash?

• Advertisement

I 'educated/informed' myself as to what the banner was about. It has nothing whatsoever to do with 'English people living in Ireland'.

And when did you become educated/informed that Casey was racist towards travellers and went to the Guards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement