Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 S00100668

the army guards and that are recruiting they are all sent to the same place guys, its a horrible wait but it has to be done

mine was 10 months of waiting that's prob relatively quick but felt like forever ... had to say no to the march class due to starting a new job and moved county that week so that month... so im in the may class now ... best of luck to all new and existing applicants I know how you feel for sure ..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

Results of last weeks interview stage are in! Cannot believe I passed, over the moon. Even if I do have to wait a year for the clearance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DG74

Has anyone that passed the interview in Jan got called for the medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KBHC

DG74 wrote: »
    Has anyone that passed the interview in Jan got called for the medical yet?

No not yet but expecting it to be in the next 2 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Finally got the call to say my clearance is back. 8 months waiting! Patience is a virtue but stick with it.

• Advertisement

Finally got the call to say my clearance is back. 8 months waiting! Patience is a virtue but stick with it.

Congrats have you heard when your starting

KBHC wrote: »
    No not yet but expecting it to be in the next 2 weeks or so.

Called for medical today. Has to be in by 30th April

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bmrhcp

Anybody here who passed the pct on the 7th been lucky enough to get their clearance back yet? The wait is an absolute killer...

Cool what date in Jan did you do your interview , I did it on the 7th

Congrats have you heard when your starting

It's looking good for May.

• Advertisement

I got the email for medical today , ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Hi, I know a class started in the college this week! Does anyone know when the next intake will be or how often they happen? :)

User2206 wrote: »
    Hi, I know a class started in the college this week! Does anyone know when the next intake will be or how often they happen? :)

May 7th is the next class. Not sure after that though! I assume July/August assuming IPS have enough candidates through all stages to fill a class. I don't think they will let up on the classes starting, afaik they're really struggling with staff numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

May 7th is the next class. Not sure after that though! I assume July/August assuming IPS have enough candidates through all stages to fill a class. I don't think they will let up on the classes starting, afaik they're really struggling with staff numbers.

Aw brill thanks for that :) you don’t happen to know if they will be doing any pct dates before that class starts do ya? :D

User2206 wrote: »
    Aw brill thanks for that :) you don’t happen to know if they will be doing any pct dates before that class starts do ya? :D

Not sure, I'd say if you haven't heard about your PCT by now I'd say its unlikely to happen before this class starts. I got 7 weeks notice before the PCT took place. Have you done your medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CplMick

Recruitment of 300-350 a year is needed at the moment just to keep us on an even standing for retirements etc. it maybe 2020 2021 before we start to replace numbers lost during the recruitment ban...

Does anyone know when the next pct is?

Does anyone know when the next pct is?

I’d imagine that anyone who has to get there medical in by 30th April that the next pct would be late May or /June but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CplMick

This maybe of interest to all of you hoping to join the service

http://trap.ncirl.ie/1780/1/joyceclarke.pdf

Best of luck with your application

Anyone know if they have WiFi in the College? Ive heard there's a small gym, anyone know what it's like in terms of equipment?

• Advertisement

I’d imagine that anyone who has to get there medical in by 30th April that the next pct would be late May or /June but not sure.

Thanks, my medical didn’t have to be in til 30th April, but I got it done straight away and now I’ve got my pct on the 11th April , there is another one in May,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

Can anyone remember what they paid for the auidogram ?

MCBRENNAN wrote: »

I paid €100 for mine, place in Dublin. Believe that was on the expensive side though as I think another poster paid around €70.

I paid €80

I paid 50€ in Monaghan town. I was quoted 100€ in drogheada.

Maybe a silly question but which of the 3 prisons we can be posted to are the easiest to reach traffic wise coming from M1 direction??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Maybe a silly question but which of the 3 prisons we can be posted to are the easiest to reach traffic wise coming from M1 direction??

Toss of a coin recently. Mountjoy / Pats / Dochas would be straight in through Drumcondra. Wheatfield / Cloverhill would be around the M50 and jump at Palmerstown.

Bear in mind that work, generally speaking, starts at 8 and ends at 8. Most will leave early and aim to be in work for 7.30-7.45 so you'll dodge the worst of the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Precal 2018

Does anybody know if the graduation when you finish the college is at the time of completion or later down the road when you are already started in a prison ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lormcgov85

Hi - To anybody who has done their PCT - is the shuttle runs done in groups or is each person separately tested? Also, if you fail anything on the day is your second chance that day or at a future date? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mgt10

The shuttles are done in groups of about 6 and then if you fail you fail everything and repeat the whole lot on a separate day which you can defer til you're ready!

Advertisement