Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

NIMAN wrote: »
    ..... and how could I forget those who believe mediums are really talking to the dead.

Idiots of the highest order.

I knew a girl who claimed she could see peoples aura's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People who cant understand why you don't love dogs/cats

Some people are just like how can you not love dogs - "whats wrong with you"

If you're not into pets fair enough, but what I can't understand is people who have an unbridled hatred for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The "It's PC gone mad!" brigade.

When I hear the phrase, it's either because a) the person is hugely exaggerating something ("We're not allowed say Happy Christmas now! It's PC gone mad!"); or b) it's a case of "I'm not allowed be deliberately offensive anymore without being called on it!" Like, what exactly is it that you wanted to say or do and that you can't now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭xckjoo

The "It's PC gone mad!" brigade.

When I hear the phrase, it's either because a) the person is hugely exaggerating something ("We're not allowed say Happy Christmas now! It's PC gone mad!"); or b) it's a case of "I'm not allowed be deliberately offensive anymore without being called on it!" Like, what exactly is it that you wanted to say or do and that you can't now?

Similarly, people that describe others as "snowflakes" are usually the ones with the thinnest skin themselves. It's like their subconscious knows.

Also, anyone that uses the eyeroll emoji extensively. Was guilty of it in the past myself, but then I realised it was only when I had no actual point I could make with words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Multi-quoters who rabbit on for days. Especially on AH.

It's AH guys, please retire to politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

All Liars.

the workplace careerist who will attempt to **** over and expose anyone who makes an error as a way to ‘get in’ with managers while being lazy and **** at their job themselves.

People who lack empathy and are willing to judge people on their failings and or difficulties without empathy and understanding or having walked as much as an inch in their shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Coming halfway across the universe to visit earth then crashing into a rocky desert and burning up in a pathetic fireball.

I mean, put a bit of funding into safety, it's not all about faster than light travel.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Boards moderators

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

physioman wrote:
    Boards moderators

To be fair, they must put up with us arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

People who believe in fat acceptance and HAES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

764dak wrote: »
    These are the same people who will cry "body shaming" if you point out that being extremely overweight is not healthy. They're absolutely delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who don't like kids

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

branie2 wrote: »
    People who don't like kids
    Ya. What is it about the little bastards you couldn't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

764dak wrote: »

I'd never heard of HAES before, had to google it.
    Fúcking delusional springs to mind!

Yes a fat person can be healthier in general than a thin person - that's not even in question....but if you are fat and generally healthy, you would be better off being a bit thinner - this is not the artic, there is no advantage to piling on a layer of blubber!

I'd never heard of HAES before, had to google it.
    Fúcking delusional springs to mind!

Yes a fat person can be healthier in general than a thin person - that's not even in question....but if you are fat and generally healthy, you would be better off being a bit thinner - this is not the artic, there is no advantage to piling on a layer of blubber!
    Cholesterol and blood pressure can be healthy levels in fat people but they are still unhealthy because the extra weight is putting strain on all their joints and bones. That is a biological fact they like to ignore but it's true. There is no such thing as Health At Every Size.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Really don't like people who are judgemental of others based solely on how they look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

People who are dicks to service staff..

I do agree but I often hear that one said like it's a given. As though you immediately become a saint because you work with the public. Some service staff do not know how to deal with people and can also be dicks to the customer.

I had some fella acting like an asshole towards me before when I wanted to return something. He was rude, arrogant, unhelpful af but if someone was walking by, they might have thought I was the one being a douche.

Anyway I asked to speak to the manager and it turned out when the manager arrived, I knew him from school :pac: he sorted it out for me no problem :)

Ages ago, I posted about the slob. Well the same craic happened today and I just confronted him in a light manner.

Made him stand and look around and tell me what he saw in front of him. It was like an optical illusion for him. He could not see his rubbish till I pointed at them. He said sorry and threw it away.

It was odd. Six things on a desk, two of which were his old food and drinks. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People who make excuses for the bad behavior of their idols, example ronnie o sullivan having a go at a referee during a match about moving the balls to their correct place, he was being overly awkward and argumentative with the referee, where as the other player tried to help the ref. then you look at the youtube comments . you have all his fans saying he was right and the ref was crap etc

ok maybe the ref didnt come out of it looking well but o sullivan didnt have to be such a dick.

same with mcgregor, if mcgregor shot up an orphanage, you would still get his fans making excuses for him, like they have after all his disgusting behavior the last few years.

I cant understand how some people cant just admit their idols behave like a$$holes at times.

I have to add ryan giggs to this list, lowest of the low that guy, its a disgrace that he is managing his country.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    People who make excuses for the bad behavior of their idols.
    Same goes for people who make excuses for the bad behaviour of their kids. Little Johnny is kicking the seat in front of him, ah sure he's only being a kid :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Ignorant people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People who are too inhibited by the potential disapproval of others

People who evaluate others based on wealth or job description

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ages ago, I posted about the slob. Well the same craic happened today and I just confronted him in a light manner.

Made him stand and look around and tell me what he saw in front of him. It was like an optical illusion for him. He could not see his rubbish till I pointed at them. He said sorry and threw it away.

It was odd. Six things on a desk, two of which were his old food and drinks. I dunno.

I think they really can't see it...it's kind of like hoarding

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭noubliezjamais

Parents who kick their kids out of the house before they have a LC or a job

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Parents who kick their kids out of the house before they have a LC or a job

not if they are in a gang, in constant trouble with the police etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Being a Shinner/IRA supporter.

Irish language Taliban of any sort.

Along with Travellers, I would happily see all these types being shot into the Sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Animal cruelty of any kind. People who think it's okay to bully others (Bullying doesn't end in the school yard) These modern day feminists who seem to think every single man is a potential rapist and abuser of women. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

people who call priests men in dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

People who are smart enough to know better, but are still unbelievably selfish when they think they will get away with it.

People with no self awareness.

The whole mentality around being a politician. In general it places self serving people to positions that are about serving others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Idiots who think they are American.

No its not "day care". Your Irish and live in Ireland.... its a creche.
    No its not a "shopping kart". Your Irish and live in Ireland... its a shopping trolley.
    No its not "Fall". Your Irish and live in Ireland... its Autumn.
    No its not "the trunk". Your Irish and live in Ireland... its the boot.
    No your not a "jerk". Your Irish and live in Ireland...your a bollix.

Advertisement