Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Intentional misinformation.

Misinformation about what? I've no dog in that fight. Axios article says Biden's camp blames Sander's camp for the negative stuff in the media. This is what I said

"The first Woman is a Beto surrogate afaik, or at the very least attended some of his rallies."

There's no "misinformation" there, I've linked to an article that shows she received backlash for attending Beto rallies, this was at the same time she went public with her accusation against Biden. You need to look up the definition of misinformation or learn to comprehend English better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

peddlelies wrote: »
    Trump just tweeted trolling Biden's "explanation"
    Both hypocritical and immature given his own track record. I'm still not sure if there was anything remotely dodgy intended in relation to Biden btw. Trump on the other hand was pretty clear cut in terms of his motivations...

batgoat wrote: »
    Both hypocritical and immature given his own track record. I'm still not sure if there was anything remotely dodgy intended in relation to Biden btw. Trump on the other hand was pretty clear cut in terms of his motivations...

I said this a few weeks ago on this thread - Trump's "sexual reputation" is at a deviant level, meaning he can't be viewed any worse than he already is on that topic. In a twisted way, that's an advantage for him because Biden pre 2020 buildup was seen as a clean cut figure to most of the general public.

It's entirely hypocritical, but the point is it will hurt Biden more than it hurts Trump making it a campaign issue, remember Trump still got elected even after the pussygate video.

I said this a few weeks ago on this thread - Trump's "sexual reputation" is at a deviant level, meaning he can't be viewed any worse than he already is on that topic. In a twisted way, that's an advantage for him because Biden pre 2020 buildup was seen as a clean cut figure to most of the general public.

It's entirely hypocritical, but the point is it will hurt Biden more than it hurts Trump making it a campaign issue, remember Trump still got elected even after the pussygate video.

And Trump is incredibly unpopular with the US public as demonstrated by the Mid-Terms. He is not being viewed kindly by much of the US public for good reason. So I'd be surprised if the majority actually care what he thinks of Biden.

And Trump is incredibly unpopular with the US public as demonstrated by the Mid-Terms. He is not being viewed kindly by much of the US public for good reason. So I'd be surprised if the majority actually care what he thinks of Biden.

We'll see what happens, conservatives had a good win in Wisconsin last night which will be a key battleground in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The severity of the charges become immaterial with Biden, and is purely a question of principal. Arguing degrees of sleaze simply plays into any narrative that leans towards democrat hypocrisy. Which it would be. Biden has to be considered toxic... because that's precisely what he is now, this was always coming the moment the rumours of his running started. Any other election cycle and maybe he could shrug it off, but to echo Michelle Obama's rhetoric, the democrats have to go high.

pixelburp wrote: »
    The severity of the charges become immaterial with Biden, and is purely a question of principal. Arguing degrees of sleaze simply plays into any narrative that leans towards democrat hypocrisy. Which it would be. Biden has to be considered toxic... because that's precisely what he is now, this was always coming the moment the rumours of his running started. Any other election cycle and maybe he could shrug it off, but to echo Michelle Obama's rhetoric, the democrats have to go high.

I think it's not a great move to run Biden in general tbh. Harris or Beto is where I'm leaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Schnitzler Hiyori Geta

Misinformation about what? I've no dog in that fight. Axios article says Biden's camp blames Sander's camp for the negative stuff in the media. This is what I said

"The first Woman is a Beto surrogate afaik, or at the very least attended some of his rallies."

There's no "misinformation" there, I've linked to an article that shows she received backlash for attending Beto rallies, this was at the same time she went public with her accusation against Biden. You need to look up the definition of misinformation or learn to comprehend English better.
    Sorry, but I've got to keep calling you out on this. The article does not say she "received backlash for attending Beto rallies" it simply says she attended a (one) Beto rally and that there was "implied criticism" (from a real "whatabout" opinion piece in The Atlantic - who to my knowledge is the only person making this statement) of her coming forward because of it.

Sorry, but I've got to keep calling you out on this. The article does not say she "received backlash for attending Beto rallies" it simply says she attended a (one) Beto rally and that there was "implied criticism" (from a real "whatabout" opinion piece in The Atlantic - who to my knowledge is the only person making this statement) of her coming forward because of it.

At this point I don't even know what the argument is or why it's apparently such a big deal to some. I'll try to be clear, this is what I meant. Biden's camp think Bernie's is behind the #metoo backlash floating around about him. What I tried to say, perhaps worded badly, is that the first Woman was seen spotted at a Beto rally around the same time she came public so it's possible the hit's aren't all coming from Bernie's camp. I really don't care who the accusations come from, or who runs wins the nomination in 2020 for the Democrats, or whatever in party fighting that goes on between them.

"Flores later dismissed that characterization in comments to the Atlantic and responded to some implied criticism of her attending a Beto O’Rourke rally on Saturday...

“I have also stated many times on the record that I am not supporting any candidate right now and I am listening and evaluating all the candidates just like everyone else. I’m allowed to go to a candidate rally.

If that doesn't make any sense to you that's fine I won't argue it further, I didn't mean anything by it besides pointing out a general observation that she was seen around Beto's campaign. There was speculation on social media at the time she came forward who's behind the hits on Biden, some people pointed out the same observation I did, that's all. No sinister intentions, I could care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Shur he must have been trying to seduce Obama and all these other attractive men too....

D3ZarWyXkAANcWw.jpg

Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Shur he must have been trying to seduce Obama and all these other attractive men too....

D3ZarWyXkAANcWw.jpg

Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

I find it interesting that I can post a clip of (and there are loads of these with Biden on youtube, fro) Biden touching young pre teen women in an extremely inappropriate manner and Laois Man is incapable of understanding this, especially when I said nothing about seducing in the first place.

Anyway, Biden doesn't stand a chance. He's too old, he's got a creepy pervert vibe, very easy to attack him with, and he's not going to appeal to the increasingly multicultural demographics of America.

Neither is Sanders either, for what its worth.

I find it interesting that I can post a clip of (and there are loads of these with Biden on youtube, fro) Biden touching young pre teen women in an extremely inappropriate manner

But it's not "extremely inappropriate" when he touches men in the exact same way? Or the other men in the video's who were also touching people in the same video's in the same manner?

If this is all it takes to be adjudged to be extremely inappropriate or possessing "a creepy pervert vibe" nowadays, I feckin give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He makes Donald Trump looks like an angel.

How can you not be embarassed writing something so utterly stupid?

You're talking about a guy who admitted to flagrantly groping womens' vaginas, never mind the litany of other horrible crap he's done.

Biden may not be the ideal Democrat candidate, but it's unlikely that they will be able to find a worse, more despicable or more immoral candidate than Trump even if they set out to do so deliberately.

Trump is just another example in a long line of Republicans that show their moralising is cynical sham. The Democrats might not be perfect but when bad actors are exposed, they show their mettle by having them removed.

The Republicans fall over themselves trying to make excuses for them because they don't have any principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

But it's not "extremely inappropriate" when he touches men in the exact same way? Or the other men in the video's who were also touching people in the same video's in the same manner?

If this is all it takes to be adjudged to be extremely inappropriate or possessing "a creepy pervert vibe" nowadays, I feckin give up!

Did you watch that clip? There's a part where he puts his hand just below a young girl's breast. How old is she? 12? The one in the red dress.

All the Republicans have to do is show that little bit of a clip and Biden is done.

Did you watch that clip? There's a part where he puts his hand just below a young girl's breast. How old is she? 12? The one in the red dress.

All the Republicans have to do is show that little bit of a clip and Biden is done.

"Just below a breast" - i.e. a hip! :rolleyes:

I think that's about a minute before we can see on the video a woman place her hand actually on a young girls breast.

Outrageously predatory also!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Don't dump Youtube videos here please. Post and response deleted.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I think it's not a great move to run Biden in general tbh. Harris or Beto is where I'm leaning.

Whats the appeal of Harris? I just don't really see why she is considered such a strong contender in terms of actually winning though I can see why the Hillary wing might like her.
    From an outsider perspective it seems

- she is too much of a corporate democrat for the further left progressives
    - she's californian and as far as I know has the most recognition there, thats already a place the Dems win
    - She is very much a "system" insider but on the flip side doesn't actually have that much experience
    - She has portrayed herself as "smart on crime" but at the same time has recently jumped hard on social justicey type things like the Justin Smollesk "attack"
    - She isn't particularly charismatic or great at oratory, no bill clinton or Obama anyway
    - She doesn't seem to have any big ideas or big legacy to point to e.g Yang for the former, Warren for the latter

+ She played a good hand against Brett Kavanaugh

Basically its seems like she wouldn't win back swing voters but at the same time she also might put of the further left from turning out to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Harris would beat Trump, but she is one of the few Dems that Trump might have a small chance against. And I say that with no happiness as I want her to win for financial reasons. Can she win the states that trump sneaked in 2016...doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,728 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rjd2 wrote:
    Harris would beat Trump, but she is one of the few Dems that Trump might have a small chance against. And I say that with no happiness as I want her to win for financial reasons. Can she win the states that trump sneaked in 2016...doubtful.
    Harris won't win the nomination. No chance, especially after a female losing to Trump in 2016. I doubt she'd ever get it anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I find it interesting that I can post a clip of (and there are loads of these with Biden on youtube, fro) Biden touching young pre teen women in an extremely inappropriate manner and Laois Man is incapable of understanding this, especially when I said nothing about seducing in the first place.

Anyway, Biden doesn't stand a chance. He's too old, he's got a creepy pervert vibe, very easy to attack him with, and he's not going to appeal to the increasingly multicultural demographics of America.

There's a good chance someone who would "appeal to the multicultural demographics of America" would not win in the states where this election will be won

If Biden can win Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and the other swing states with the voters in California/New York etc sitting out the election because they couldn't vote for the "lesser of two evils", it would be preferential than trying to run a "perfect candidate" in the eyes of people in Los Angeles who will again not focus on the rust belt and hand it to Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Touching up 12 year old girls is always off always was.

Add in his noted reputation of being a flasher, sex obsessed, it all adds up.

Biden acts in a manner that I've never seen an adult act.

If your not freaked out by him, it is because you are only looking at the story in the news.

marno21 wrote: »
    There's a good chance someone who would "appeal to the multicultural demographics of America" would not win in the states where this election will be won

If Biden can win Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and the other swing states with the voters in California/New York etc sitting out the election because they couldn't vote for the "lesser of two evils", it would be preferential than trying to run a "perfect candidate" in the eyes of people in Los Angeles who will again not focus on the rust belt and hand it to Trump.

Clinton presumed the proles would vote for her and she skipped States that she should have one.

What plays well in San Francisco townhouses or Manhattan winebars is what the modern Democrats will focus in on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

You shamelessly imply that Joe Biden is an inappropriate creepy pervert because he’s a naturally tactile affectionate person, with just about everybody he meets, you use the expression “pre teen young women” instead of just “girls” in a further effort to smear him, and then you admit it’s very easy to attack him with this. Don’t you feel a little bit uncomfortable with this? You can’t find anything in his politics that you don’t like so you’ll happily turn him into a dirty old man?

Danzy wrote: »
    Touching up 12 year old girls is always off always was.

Add in his noted reputation of being a flasher, sex obsessed, it all adds up.

Biden acts in a manner that I've never seen an adult act.

If your not freaked out by him, it is because you are only looking at the story in the news.

Only people who are obsessed with sexual assault and looking for evidence of sexual crimes in all white straight Christian men are freaked out by the likes of Biden who is just a very tactile person.
    These people are not interested in anyone’s politics theyre just interested in looking for clues of sexual perversion or sexual aggression so that they can be outraged spread outrage and hopefully eliminate the man from the competition leaving the way clear for the preferred candidates of the far left.
    This is what the Democrats are reduced to now.

splinter65 wrote: »
    You shamelessly imply that Joe Biden is an inappropriate creepy pervert because he’s a naturally tactile affectionate person, with just about everybody he meets, you use the expression “pre teen young women” instead of just “girls” in a further effort to smear him, and then you admit it’s very easy to attack him with this. Don’t you feel a little bit uncomfortable with this? You can’t find anything in his politics that you don’t like so you’ll happily turn him into a dirty old man?

There are reasonable questions to be asked about Joe.

He may be an exceptionally tactile person, to a degree that is rare in politics or the world in general.

Only people who are obsessed with sexual assault and looking for evidence of sexual crimes in all white straight Christian men are freaked out by the likes of Biden who is just a very tactile person.
    These people are not interested in anyone’s politics theyre just interested in looking for clues of sexual perversion or sexual aggression so that they can be outraged spread outrage and hopefully eliminate the man from the competition leaving the way clear for the preferred candidates of the far left.

No doubt his party opponents will use this but this was also a topic ten years ago.

If that’s what you genuinely see, and your not just looking for a reason to eliminate Biden from the competition, then I would be concerned about that on your behalf.
    When you start to see evidence of sexual deviancy in totally harmless behavior like that it’s quite alarming.
    Of course if you are just desperately trying to eliminate a candidate that you don’t like then your just one of thousands jumping on a bandwagon. Only you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,728 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

splinter65 wrote:
    You shamelessly imply that Joe Biden is an inappropriate creepy pervert because he’s a naturally tactile affectionate person, with just about everybody he meets, you use the expression “pre teen young women†instead of just “girls†in a further effort to smear him, and then you admit it’s very easy to attack him with this. Don’t you feel a little bit uncomfortable with this? You can’t find anything in his politics that you don’t like so you’ll happily turn him into a dirty old man?
    This is what will happen if he goes up against Trump.
    He has no chance of beating Trump because of this stuff. I think he is just trying to put that point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

What candidate on the far left is running? If you are referring to Sanders he is miles from far left and actually running on FDRs second Bill of Rights platform from 1944.

You are also kidding yourself if you think only the Dems focus on this stuff. Republicans will try their very best to slander Biden like they have numerous others.. while being ok when it's one of their guys.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    What candidate on the far left is running? If you are referring to Sanders he is miles from far left and actually running on FDRs second Bill of Rights platform from 1944.

You are also kidding yourself if you think Dems only focus on this stuff.

On migration and trade Sanders is the closest to Trump, closer than he is to other Democrats.

That said Trump is rolling back key parts of Reaganism so maybe it is he who is closer to Sanders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement