Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pumps.ie

• 03-04-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Since I have just noticed that pumps.ie is no longer working and with fuel prices starting to reach for the stars again has anyone a link to a site that does similar to what pumps.ie used to do

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I was thinking of starting a thread similar to the insurance quotes one.

One could relay station, location and at least the fuel price they bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ok then.
    Ashbourne circle k 139.9 pet 134.9 derv
    Ashbourne applegreen 134.9 pet 130.9 derv
    500 yards apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

if you use waze theres a option there for fuel prices, its usually pretty up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

I have an Applegreen app which does the same as pumps but it doesn't seem to be always available on the play store

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Pumps is notorious for working and not working all the time. Sit tight and it's probably going to be back up and running in a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

It's my go to website for getting my fuel. 140€ petrol applegreen clonsilla rd yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Yes, really missing it.

It's been down for a few weeks now, and the map hasn't worked for months.

Strange that nobody knows whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Petrol 132.9 in Charleville yesterday. Whereas 138.9 in Limerick city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Petrol is 1.419 at Texaco on the N4 at Woodies. 138 at Circle K beside Marley Park and 140 at the one around the corner beside the Pizza Hut.

Anyone know how much diesel / petrol is in Go ballyfermott?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

horse7 wrote: »

I passed it Saturday and I think petrol was 138.9

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

I was there Monday 8th, E1.40 for petrol, sorry didn't catch the diesel price

Anyone tried Drivvo or Waze for pump prices. I really miss pumps.ie!

The Applegreen app shows competitor prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I think the problem is with the underlying pumps.ie rather than the app.

The app's author's email address is freely available on the play store so I guess it's ok to put it here.....

Send an email to ed.android@gmail.com and alert/ask him if he can do something about it.

I suspect he doesn't own pumps.ie so he may or may not be able to help.

Apple green clonsilla rd petrol 1.42€

KOR101 wrote: »
    The Applegreen app shows competitor prices.

Link to the app please,I can't find it on the play store.

Incorrect link

Link to the app please,I can't find it on the play store.
    Strange that, and also strange that they give competitor prices.

https://apkpure.com/applegreen/ie.applegreen.applegreen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Works great.. unless you live in munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Amouar

KOR101 wrote: »
    Strange that, and also strange that they give competitor prices.

https://apkpure.com/applegreen/ie.applegreen.applegreen

They even show a "lower price" icon even if it's one of their competitors.

• Advertisement

I tried Waze, it does have pump prices but they are not accurate. Stations around me were showing as "1.4" or "1.3" which is supposed to mean 1.40 and 1.30 respectively. I don't know why they don't show the actual price as presumably the Wazers (users) were entering the full price, i.e. 1.42. Anyway I went to the 1.3 one and it was 1.44!

I think Drivvo is a paid app.

Sadly fuel prices are climbing steadily again and of course we are also getting ripped off with a stations slow response to falling oil prices and a very fast response when the price increases. The rise and fall of the pump price should be aligned with the oil price, it's not and there is no legislation to provide for that unfortunately.

Did anyone get a reply from the pumps.ie people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I emailed ed.android@gmail.com on 10th that I mentioned in post 15 but I've had no response.

Has anyone else attempted contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

I emailed ed.android@gmail.com on 10th that I mentioned in post 15 but I've had no response.

Has anyone else attempted contact?

I did on the 3rd April - no response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

eds dead baby, eds dead **

** may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone take a guess of the national average petrol & diesel price??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sadly fuel prices are climbing steadily again and of course we are also getting ripped off with a stations slow response to falling oil prices and a very fast response when the price increases. The rise and fall of the pump price should be aligned with the oil price, it's not and there is no legislation to provide for that unfortunately.

The price paid by the retailer is not directly linked to the price of crude oil. In the summer petrol goes up becase of the US driving season, they like to drive for their vacation. While in winter diesel goes up as its used for heating. Priced can also change depending on which refineries are going into or exiting maintenance. So the retail prices of oil are only partially correlated to the price of crude.

so whats the story with pumps.ie? is it finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭mikeecho

fryup wrote: »
    so whats the story with pumps.ie? is it finished?

It's often gone down for a few days.. maybe even a week , but it's never been down for this long.

I think the Dev has given up on it.

I sent him a DM.. I got no response.

It's dead

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I tried Waze, it does have pump prices but they are not accurate. Stations around me were showing as "1.4" or "1.3" which is supposed to mean 1.40 and 1.30 respectively. I don't know why they don't show the actual price as presumably the Wazers (users) were entering the full price, i.e. 1.42. Anyway I went to the 1.3 one and it was 1.44!

I think Drivvo is a paid app.

It's all down to the inputter. There's only me and 2 others in this area who update prices. The last week or two prices have been changing daily by a cent or 2, depending what next door is charging. Some stations in the Sligo area haven't been updated for weeks and are showing about 8c under the average.

• Advertisement

any budding young web designer out there want to start a new fuel price website
    & app???

*might make a few bob in advertising at least

Advertisement