Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Cardiff Blues, Fri 5th April 7:45pm, Live on ES1

• 04-04-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O’Byrne, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Tadhg Beirne, CJ Stander, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Sammy Arnold.

Cardiff Blues:
    Gareth Anscombe; Owen Lane, Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Aled Summerhill; Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams;
    Rhys Gill, Kristian Dacey (capt), Dillon Lewis, Seb Davies, Rory Thornton, Shane Lewis-Hughes, Olly Robinson, Josh Turnbull

Replacements: Ethan Lewis, Brad Thyer, Keiron Assiratti, George Earle, James Botham, Lloyd Williams, Garyn Smith, Matthew Morgan

Munster host Cardiff Blues in Cork with both sides battling for playoff positions in Conference A. Cardiff present tricky opposition as they arrive with a week's rest after a big win over Scarlets. They also play on an artificial surface themselves.

Munster have named quite a strong side with only a few rotations that aren't injury enforced (Carbery and JOD). Cardiff are missing Josh Navidi who has been ruled out for the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Did Rhys Marshall just get dropped completely or is he injured again??

Gareth Anscombe; Owen Lane, Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Aled Summerhill; Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams;
    Rhys Gill, Kristian Dacey (capt), Dillon Lewis, Seb Davies, Rory Thornton, Shane Lewis-Hughes, Olly Robinson, Josh Turnbull

Replacements: Ethan Lewis, Brad Thyer, Keiron Assiratti, George Earle, James Botham, Lloyd Williams, Garyn Smith, Matthew Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Very strong team, hopefully the makings of a good evening in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Hi Munster please win by 8 points or more and don't concede 4 tries.

Yours sincerely,

Everyone connected with Connacht Rugby

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Did Rhys Marshall just get dropped completely or is he injured again??

It's called rotation. Expect similar in Italy next week.

Marshall might start in Italy with Scannell on the bench again. KOB has been very good this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Can see Cardiff winning this one.

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Hi Munster please win by 8 points or more and don't concede 4 tries.

Yours sincerely,

Everyone connected with Connacht Rugby

Not to worry, Munster can't afford a slip up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

how do you see that ? they are missing navidi, jenkins and williams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Jewelers wrote: »
    how do you see that ? they are missing navidi, jenkins and williams

They've had some success against Munster in recent seasons, home and away. And they'll be used to playing on a fake pitch. Plus, Munster have the Heineken Cup to think about, while Cardiff are 100% focused on scrapping for a play-off place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

They've had some success against Munster in recent seasons, home and away. And they'll be used to playing on a fake pitch. Plus, Munster have the Heineken Cup to think about, while Cardiff are 100% focused on scrapping for a play-off place.

munster will put out the seconds next week

They won't. The 'seconds' are in America.

The seconds would lose to Benetton.
    I imagine we'll see the benchers for tomorrow start in Italy. Munster can't afford to lose any remaining regular season games if they want to finish top, unless Glasgow lose tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

They won't. The 'seconds' are in America.
    Not many 'seconds' are in the States. Most in States havent played much pro14 if any pro14

Not many 'seconds' are in the States. Most in States havent played much pro14 if any pro14

OK then, name me a 23 minus the internationals that would be available without all those lads in the states. Remembering that three of that touring squad were in a weakened Munster 23 only two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

The seconds would lose to Benetton.
    I imagine we'll see the benchers for tomorrow start in Italy. Munster can't afford to lose any remaining regular season games if they want to finish top, unless Glasgow lose tomorrow.

We're in a good position to manage a few guys all the same. I'd hope we see O'Mahony go off for Stander reasonably early tomorrow. Then either rest Pete or bench him next week. Between Botha, O'Donoghue and Wycherley we can rest some key guys and still field a strong pack. Might be worth giving Kilcoyne a week off before the knockout rugby starts too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's a possibilty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How was Murray last week? I only watched bits of the game?

Form returning?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Form returning?

Match thread seemed to give him a hard time - I thought he was improved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I thought he was much better. Pass still seems a bit slower than before and box kicking accuracy needs work but certainly played a lot better than he had recently. Lucky to escape punishment for the tackle after the penalty on the Edinburgh 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Form returning?

Game of two halves, he was dire in the first half but came good in the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

stephen_n wrote: »
    Game of two halves, he was dire in the first half but came good in the second.

I think it's unfair to say he was dire in the first half.
    The game plan was terrible in the first half, just box kick everything and hope for the best.

I felt Munster in general became increasingly comfortable in the second half when they started to threaten the line a few more times and vary the kicking between the contestable box kicking and a more territorial game. Who knew bringing a variety and unpredictably to your attack/possession game could be a good idea ....

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    I think it's unfair to say he was dire in the first half.
    The game plan was terrible in the first half, just box kick everything and hope for the best.

I felt Munster in general became increasingly comfortable in the second half when they started to threaten the line a few more times and vary the kicking between the contestable box kicking and a more territorial game. Who knew bringing a variety and unpredictably to your attack/possession game could be a good idea ....

I thought his passing, kicking and decision making were all poor in the first half. He definitely improved in all facets during the second half. His passing is still not where it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

This game is also live on S4C at 7:35

Another sellout in Cork tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Another sellout in Cork tonight.

Good going considering someone organised an AIL game kicking off at 8:00pm in Cork Con.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Cooooollld here tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Earls out with injury

• Advertisement

Very poor from Cardiff but great pressure from Munster there.

Advertisement