Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Anybody watch the new clip?
    Tony and Cap, is it just me or does that look like the Battle of New York and Tony has time-travelled?!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

Managed to book 1x ticket for Cork Mahon Point MAXX on Wednesday night show, it had only 2 seats left when I picked my seat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also stay away from the new trailer FULL of spoilers

It was on Instagram auto playing I thought it was an old one but i was wrong and it’s spoiled a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Loughc wrote: »
    Also stay away from the new trailer FULL of spoilers

It was on Instagram auto playing I thought it was an old one but i was wrong and it’s spoiled a lot of things.

Thanks for that, I didn’t know there was a new trailer and will try and avoid.

Surprised at the interest in the midnight booking. Wasn’t even like this when Star Wars TFA was released and that was big.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

titan18 wrote: »
    Midnight screening looks booked out for Cork. Few seats here and there, but 95% done. Impressive considering it's been near impossible to get through the whole process

I'm heading Friday at 1. Should be less kids there. I'd have gone Wednesday night or Thursday but back from US on Wednesday so the likely jet lag/lack of sleep will mean it'll be near impossible to enjoy it if I went sooner.

No internet that Thursday anyway though

I dont think there'll be too many kids at the later screenings anyway, not with an end time passed midnight on Thursday for the 8.50 show but the hardest part will be avoiding spoilers all day Thursday.

I've not watch the new clip either, going to go in as blind as possible fro here on in.

• Advertisement

Few of the bigger ITK sites and Twitters claiming this will do nearly a 900m opening worldwide, I wouldnt be surprised TBH.

I dont think I've ever seen Cinema websites here hit so hard.

when i booked Cork for 8.50, I'd say 75/80% of the seats were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, me too, didnt get great seats for the 8.50 Thursday night show but f**k it, happy enough with seeing it Thursday.

I wouldnt have held out until Friday with spoilers or someone ruining it.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think there'll be too many kids at the later screenings anyway, not with an end time passed midnight on Thursday for the 8.50 show but the hardest part will be avoiding spoilers all day Thursday.

I've not watch the new clip either, going to go in as blind as possible fro here on in.

Thursday shouldn't be too bad for spoilers. Not out in the US until the Friday so all you're really dealing with is people who've seen it Wednesday night in Europe. I think not seeing it the first weekend will be the hardest part though. If you haven't seen it by then, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Managed too pick up two tickets just there now for Vue Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭ThePott

Didn't think the new clip was too spoilerish but fair enough, definitely done looking at stuff from here on out.
    Yes that is absolutely Tony flying up to Avengers tower from the first film but in his newer suit

Meanwhile the only cinema I can get to in Cork is busy tweeting about tickets for Peppa Pig with no mention of Avengers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Dermo wrote: »
    Managed to get seats for the Double Bill in Odeon Blanchardstown. Wasn't able to get through on the website, but the android app worked for me. It was really slow but it worked, would definitely recommend the app over the website

I tried with that bloody app for the Double Bill and got nowhere, likewise with the site so congrats. Thought I'd the Double Bill for Liffey Valley but payment fell through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

titan18 wrote: »
    Thursday shouldn't be too bad for spoilers. Not out in the US until the Friday so all you're really dealing with is people who've seen it Wednesday night in Europe. I think not seeing it the first weekend will be the hardest part though. If you haven't seen it by then, good luck

Though the official US release date is Friday, it is basically out on there on Thursday. They’re starting to show it from 5pm EST on Thursday and it will likely be on every screen available in every theatre that evening. If you think trying to get tickets on Irish sites are bad, all the US sites are either down or have a wait screen for over an hour.

Agree it should be safe enough for Thursday to avoid spoilers, but I’ll still be keeping off all social media that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Managed to get tickets in Mahon Point for the Wednesday night after much patience! like every one else payment screen crashed and timed out.to my surprise when I refreshed the page the payment screen returned and clock started again :D Cant wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

For anyone in Wexford you can book for the Arc here.

http://wexford.arccinema.ie/comingsoon.php?_mc=44917

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I think they broke the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh! Booked the midnight showing and got this!

Booking Error

LANG_ERR_TIMEOUT

There's a possible problem with your Booking please do not re-book just yet .......
    Please wait 30 minutes and if you have not received a confirmation email then please contact the Cinema.

Wooooop!

Got a confirmation email from omiplex that my tickets are there!!!

It should pass 2 billion gross anyway.

I know there was serious hype for A:IW but I think for Endgame its gone off the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

It's one of those films everyone feels they NEED to see. It will likely be top heavy with people trying to avoid spoilers in box office terms but will still do crazy numbers. I'm not even much of an MCU fan but I'm already booked for Friday the 26th.

Herself was saying that a 9pm film with a passed midnight end time with work at 6 am is stupid, I said id bring one of the lads, she changed her tune sharpish.

Shes not massively into the comic book genre but she, like many others are invested and wants to see it through, that and I wanted to see it as early as possible. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I will prob goto early thursday showing. I could barely stay awake for my last midnight movie and this one is going to be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I got an email from PayPal to confirm I'd authorised payment but it hasn't been processed yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

It’s been a fantastic journey to be fair and I think they have done a great job for the most part.

This sort of thing has never been done before, multiple blockbuster movies, crossing over a central storyline all with A-List actors and impressive special effects and set pieces.

I’m not a huge fanboy but I’m very interested to see how it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Odeon site completely facked....only trying to book the Friday morning. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

My local English cinema in Barcelona. 7.15pm on the Thursday. Glorious leather seats and buckets of leg room. Two of us going for 12 euro. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Anybody watch the new clip?
    Tony and Cap, is it just me or does that look like the Battle of New York and Tony has time-travelled?!
    The first time we see Tony when he hugs Potts he simply looks malnourished (food and water ran out x days ago). The second time there is definitely a hint of grey in his hair indicating that some bit of time has passed.

But one thing to remember about Marvel trailers is that there is always misdirection. The basterds just love to keep us guessing :pac:

I'll continue to beat my own drum and say that it's not time travel. It's "side ways" travel to an alternative dimension.

Goose will be instrumental to beating Thanos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Got one for the 3d in the Eye Galway. They have 4 screens showing. 2 normal, 1 3d and one luxury screen (sold out)
    I'd say there's some payment for staff waiting up to 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

No problem when I got home and ordered on my laptop. That was nuts. Sky really is the limit in terms or box office for this film if it has any sort of legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

flazio wrote: »
    Got one for the 3d in the Eye Galway. They have 4 screens showing. 2 normal, 1 3d and one luxury screen (sold out)
    I'd say there's some payment for staff waiting up to 4am.

Couldn't believe the luxury screen sold out so quickly. I think it was gone in less than an hour but to be fair it doesn't hold many. Feckers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭RickBlaine

I wish The Lighthouse was showing this especially as screen one is my favorite screen in Dublin. They show the new Star Wars movies, and they are currently showing Dumbo, so they aren't against showing big budget Disney movies. Would be a very good earner for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Midnight showing booked.. but says 11:35 on the ticket?
    Anyone know why this would be?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Midnight showing booked.. but says 11:35 on the ticket?
    Anyone know why this would be?

Odeon yeah? Ads and trailers first and movie set to start at 12.01. They can’t play movies before midnight but they can play ads and trailers before midnight.

Advertisement