Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo worrying about meeting Kylie? WTF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Great film

At least everyone can agree on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Should have voted for Jason Donavon, but his manifesto of nuking Dublin was rejected by the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Fann Linn wrote: »
    An overpaid clown.

Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Is this a ****e april fool thing? God HATE april fool crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Never even funny

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hi Kylie I'm the offical arse checker of Ireland I would love to officially greet your arse to Ireland I can meet you in your hotel room if that suits or you can meet me in my caravan.

Signed Arse Checker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

GMSA wrote: »
    Which one?

The one with the funny socks and who is familiar with Bridget Jones knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Funny, just last night I was out in my local dive bar and happened across a gay friend of mine who actually works as a trad singer. Not a big time star just someone who gets work in mostly rural towns.

Anyway ,somehow Kylie came up (not me) and I was too tipsy to think of the one song of her's I liked. He dutifully went up to the DJ and got him to play a Kylie track. He guessed right, the very one I was thinking off - Spinning Around. Apt, as it turned out to be one of those tequila shot nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'd just like to say I've nothing against the gays.

I'm really comfortable with them, whomever they may be.

I also don't see colour.
    Well I do but like, I'm not colour-blind or anything but I don't see colour.

I always recycle too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ah FS, no politician, or anyone doing anything is on duty 24/7, plus just cos he likes Kylie rather than golf or garden parties or the Ballet he gets scoffed at.

If he didn't turn up to the All-Ireland finals some other lad would be accusing him of treason.

I think he could be doing a much better job in some areas of Government, but then it also occurs to be I could be living in Britain or Italy or America or Poland or Russia or Venezuala right now and I'm pretty thankful.

The fact that we're better off than those other countries is down to the collective effort of the irish public,not dopey varadkar or fine gael

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

I think any backstage photos of him with musicians are cringeworthy. He is like some geek, who is trying to be cool. It’s embarassing behaviour for a Taoiseach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The issue is not him liking Kylie. The issue is him using government headed paper to get a meet and greet for him and his chums with her. Go to the concert, enjoy yourself, but save us all (including Kylie) the bull crap of " I want to welcome you, I'm a big fan"

For all his waffle, he has little class or style. The Leo fan boys/girls on here are hilarious though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

He should be tackled on this. Very concerning.

I see the Australian PM has promoted tweets there too. What is this, a pay for agenda promotion ploy?

As another poster mentioned, a real eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,999 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tototoe wrote: »
    The issue is not him liking Kylie. The issue is him using government headed paper to get a meet and greet for him and his chums with her. Go to the concert, enjoy yourself, but save us all (including Kylie) the bull crap of " I want to welcome you, I'm a big fan"

For all his waffle, he has little class or style. The Leo fan boys/girls on here are hilarious though

That is the level this is at...cringe.
    Kylie is popular with a wide cross section and it didn't bother Leo V how much he embarrassed the office in order to appear cool. It is a weird predilection for such high office.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Is this an April fools joke? (serious question)

• Registered Users Posts: 66,999 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is this an April fools joke? (serious question)

If it is, it is one of the best kind, because it is utterly believable that he would be a candidate to do something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Anteayer wrote: »
    I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't really see the issue.
    I don't really have any expectations that a taoiseach should have exclusively non-pop music taste.
    He likes Kylie. Big deal!

She did churn out some cringe inducing pure cheese in the early days but her last incarnation was actually fairly credible electronica influenced pop.

I would rather we focus on how he's doing in terms of delivering policy. I think he's doing quite well on Brexit and global affairs and his government has delivered on a lot of key sosial policy issues : marriage equality, bringing Irish abortion law to some kind of vaguely sane situation, getting rid of blasphemy as an offence and probably dealing with the crazy divorce laws in may too.

However, his government isn't delivering on health or housing in kind of radical way that is clearly necessary. I appreciate there's a lag in getting houses built but we need to be pulling out all the stops and getting things moving.

Health is complicated and goes back decades but where did this promise of major reforms and single tier health cover go?!

Those two issues are really all I'll be focused on as negatives.

I also find the jibes between FG and SF annoying. I'd doesn't make me want to vote for either of them. I'm not into negative campaigning and tribalism.

I've no issues whatsoever with his taste in pop music and I also have no issues with him just being himself. I'd frankly prefer if he felt he could loosen up a bit.

My vote will come down to policy though not pop music or personality.

Eh, it was the Irish people who voted/and will vote to get these things changed, not Varadkardashian.

mgn wrote: »
    When this clown goes to a Kylie concert he's a cool dude.
    When Enda Kenny went to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Croke Park he was on the front page of most papers the next day saying he was making a fool of himself and didn't look good abroad.

He was wearing a suit and tie, for feck sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Yeah, but official government paper? Just use a normal A4 sheet and get your own stamp.

And don’t tell the whole country about it.

This is Ireland.

We like to get angry at ridiculous things.

This is a non story of the highest order.

Buuuhar wahhh abouhh da homelessssss

You’re not seeing the bigger picture, we have a numpty as Taoiseach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    You’re not seeing the bigger picture, we have a numpty as Taoiseach.

That’s what everyone has been saying for years and years.

Bertie was a chancer, Enda was a plank, Leo is trying to be cool.

Like who are people looking for?

Never happy,

Never happy,

This is the first time we have a numpty at least the others chancers and tools had a bit more common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    This is the first time we have a numpty at least the others chancers and tools had a bit more common sense.

Trump, May, Macron?

Are these the type you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

If that's the worst that can be found on Varadkar, FG will be easily in government next therm. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel comes to mind. (And I can't vote and those close to me don't vote FG).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Maurice Yeltsin

As an aside, does anyone know why he posted, and later deleted, a tribute to Keith Flint where he said Prodigy were iconic for his generation?

I can't decide whether he retrospectively didn't want to associate himself with yoke music, or whether one of his advisers told him nobody remotely believed a teenage Leo was ever cool enough for raving. I'd go with the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can't really see the problem. Are politicians not allowed to like music or movies, or have any interest in anything outside of politics?

I personally think Leo is a useless twat, but I'm not at all sure it's his questionable taste in music that's to blame for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Never happy,

Was never a fan of Bertie or Enda, both utter gobsheens, but very clever at the same time.

Leo is a complete t!t and for all his qualities, he is not the sharpest tool in the box. Its all about image with him and it shows in his actions...like this.

Don't think I've ever disliked a Taoiseach more than Leo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

He was wearing a suit and tie, for feck sake.

He didn't wear a suit and tie at the concert.

Advertisement