Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo worrying about meeting Kylie? WTF

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah a smokin hot woman for the last 30 years with an arse that should be immortalised in marble and put in a museum.

Only the gays would love that.

Eejit.
    Where did he say only the gays would like her? It was a light-hearted comment, referring to the fact that Kylie is indeed extremely popular among gay guys, and has been for many years. And also, however attractive she is to heterosexual men, it's not like many of them would go to a Kylie concert. The audience is gonna be made up pretty much entirely of women and gay men.
    mgn wrote: »
    When this clown goes to a Kylie concert he's a cool dude.
    When Enda Kenny went to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Croke Park he was on the front page of most papers the next day saying he was making a fool of himself and didn't look good abroad.
    All Leo is getting is criticism here - nobody said he's cool.
    As for Leo, I don’t mind the guy but he’s in above his head as Taoiseach.
    Same here. People like to pretend he's this utterly dreadful individual but he's obviously not at all. I think this was a bit unprofessional and cringey of him, and I don't think he has done terribly as taoiseach (you'd swear the problems with the health services and housing commenced when he became taoiseach) but I don't think he's suited to the role either. I don't think he's any more PR obsessed than any other leader though (and PR is a requirement also - you'd swear it was optional).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Where did he say only the gays would like her? It was a light-hearted comment, referring to the fact that Kylie is indeed extremely popular among gay guys, and has been for many years. And also, however attractive she is to heterosexual men, it's not like many of them would go to a Kylie concert. The audience is gonna be made up pretty much entirely of women and gay men.

All Leo is getting is criticism here - nobody said he's cool.

Same here. People like to pretend he's this utterly dreadful individual but he's obviously not at all. I think this was a bit unprofessional and cringey of him, and I don't think he has done terribly as taoiseach (you'd swear the problems with the health services and housing commenced when he became taoiseach) but I don't think he's suited to the role either. I don't think he's any more PR obsessed than any other leader though (and PR is a requirement also - you'd swear it was optional).

It was also unprofessional and cringe inducing when he cowered to trump and make a joke about the blocking of a wind farm development near his golf course for all to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

He’s such a trend chasing hipster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

He’s the biggest spoofer since. No actually he’s just the biggest spoofer. The young think he is cool and progressive. The same low and lowing income young who get less than e1.50 a week back in weekly usc cut last budget if they are on 34k. The same ones fcuked with this housing crisis. Keep voting for him In your droves though. Morons !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    He’s such a trend chasing hipster.
    Idbatterim wrote: »
    He’s the biggest spoofer since. No actually he’s just the biggest spoofer. The young think he is cool and progressive. The same low and lowing income young who get less than e1.50 a week back in weekly usc cut last budget if they are on 34k. The same ones fcuked with this housing crisis. Keep voting for him In your droves though. Morons !

I don't like Varadkar's politics much either, but he's not a hipster and it's not the young and those on low income who vote for him and FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I think man young people vote for him. I think they think he , laughably is responsible for gay marriage and legalised abortion. A young enough girl on the journal the other was defending him. I am not saying the young have a party to vote for here. But I am certainly saying that fg and varadkar certainly don’t represent the young and relatively young. Minuscule usc cuts. You have to be earning 55k a year to get a fiver a week back into your pocket , the same e5 the welfare warriors received. E34k year and you get back e1.50. Their only preoccupation is keeping their cronies and I’m alright jack voters happy! Kicking the can down the road on the lpt, spineless rats!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Idbatterim wrote: »

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Varadkar is a fraud with an impressive spin machine (that WE the taxpayers fund!). He cynically came out during the SSM referendum to maximise his personal political capital, as a minister he always had a comment for the media (mostly about someone else's department while achieving nothing in his own - health or transport), and as Taoiseach he is an embarrassment to the country - varying between a "yes man" for his European masters, or stories like this where he seems to be working through a bucket list of "cool things I'd do if I was Taoiseach!"

His time as leader has seen him avoid the real issues in the country (which have continued to get worse during his tenure), but he's managed an impressive campaign of deflecting public attention to easy-win social referenda so I guess that's all good then. :rolleyes:
    Leo's priority is Leo and any position he takes, any statement made is all with the aim of increasing his personal profile. As I've said before, it's farcical that as Taoiseach, the guy/his media team tweets under the handle "campaignforleo". That right there tells us his priorities - even Donald Trump doesn't have the neck for that!

The even more depressing thing I suppose is that the "opposition" parties are similarly so bereft of talent or appeal that his impotent, directionless Government has continued to survive as long as it has.

What he'll be most remembered for (before he moves on to a cushy EU post or the private sector) will be that he actually proved to be even more useless than his immediate predecessors - no small achievement to be fair!

The one positive in all of this I guess is that people are finally starting to see through the act and recognising him for the charlatan that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

"Gay or not, we're all right wing here"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,890 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Idiot. Sorry.

Should have been private, if it wasn't he is a gob****e.

Idiot. Sorry.

Should have been private, if it wasn't he is a gob****e.

He did get 600 points in his leaving. :)

• Advertisement

ToddyDoody wrote: »

OK. I believe you. And he is a Doctor but doesn't seem to to have practised for years either at quite a young age. Easy to pass the buck to his Minister for Health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

ToddyDoody wrote: »

And is intelligent, charming, hardworking, selfless, well motivated, loyal, empathetic, passionate, honest, humble and authentic. As an all round package, Ireland has never had a Taoiseach of his all round high competence.
    He is one neat guy.

Get Real wrote: »
    . He also quickly distanced himself from Connor McGregor on St Patrick's day, almost aggressively so, because he percieved it as damaging his image.

He is dead right when it comes to McGregor.
    He should keep far far away from this guy, defiantly shouldn't be anywhere near McGregor.

And is intelligent, charming, hardworking, selfless, well motivated, loyal, empathetic, passionate, honest, humble and authentic. As an all round package, Ireland has never had a Taoiseach of his all round high competence.
    He is one neat guy.

After Bertie. Ha ha ha.

He should be mature and if not, listen to his advisers.

Honestly this sounds like a teenager.

Seems like yer man in Canada is persona non grata now too. Despite the socks on both of them.

Vlad needs to up his game. But if we need to tell him that. Well WTF.

Disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

He is one neat guy.

If you say so Paschal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Varadkar is a fraud with an impressive spin machine (that WE the taxpayers fund!). He cynically came out during the SSM referendum to maximise his personal political capital, as a minister he always had a comment for the media (mostly about someone else's department while achieving nothing in his own - health or transport), and as Taoiseach he is an embarrassment to the country - varying between a "yes man" for his European masters, or stories like this where he seems to be working through a bucket list of "cool things I'd do if I was Taoiseach!"

His time as leader has seen him avoid the real issues in the country (which have continued to get worse during his tenure), but he's managed an impressive campaign of deflecting public attention to easy-win social referenda so I guess that's all good then. :rolleyes:
    Leo's priority is Leo and any position he takes, any statement made is all with the aim of increasing his personal profile. As I've said before, it's farcical that as Taoiseach, the guy/his media team tweets under the handle "campaignforleo". That right there tells us his priorities - even Donald Trump doesn't have the neck for that!

The even more depressing thing I suppose is that the "opposition" parties are similarly so bereft of talent or appeal that his impotent, directionless Government has continued to survive as long as it has.

What he'll be most remembered for (before he moves on to a cushy EU post or the private sector) will be that he actually proved to be even more useless than his immediate predecessors - no small achievement to be fair!

The one positive in all of this I guess is that people are finally starting to see through the act and recognising him for the charlatan that he is.

Still though, Better the Devil you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

So, in your opinion, what party represents an alternative? SF/IRA? FF, the party, lest we forget, that destroyed this country and brought us to the edge of ruination? And what are the ‘real issues’ that have started to get worse during ‘his tenure’? Homelessness? (A total fraud cooked up by the media and the charity industry.)

So, in your opinion, what party represents an alternative? SF/IRA? FF, the party, lest we forget, that destroyed this country and brought us to the edge of ruination? And what are the ‘real issues’ that have started to get worse during ‘his tenure’? Homelessness? (A total fraud cooked up by the media and the charity industry.)

Homelessness,hospital waiting list.the erosion of basic social services.the underinvestment in vital infrastructure.

• Advertisement

He is one neat guy.

I thought he was going to start gagging on trumps cock.disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Homelessness? (A total fraud cooked up by the media and the charity industry.)

How easily the Irish are propagandized. Political spin doctors work. Above all on low-information right wing voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

There are plenty of houses to go around many are boarded up council house and the rest arent being given to Irish people. Native Irish people are being squeeze out of the market. Leo is worried about meeting Kylie? It would be more in his line to be worried about meeting the voters on polling day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nero Varadkar's number one priority is and always has been his own profile and advancement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Nero Varadkar's number one priority is and always has been his own profile and advancement.
    But without any of the responsibility. You never heard him announce that there would be an inquiry into Cervical smear scandal because he oversaw the scandal himself and if he didnt know what was going on in his own department then he wasnt fit to run it. How fast do you think we can package this clown off to Europe in a Padraig Flynn fashion?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So Varadkar was at the Spice Girls tonight. It's become seriously cringey now-the head of government going to see an act originally manufactured to appeal to 10 year old girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Sweet woe to the jaysus. Spice up ya curry you fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I will never get over the fact of how Varadkar is an MD.

He went to med school and qualified as a GP in 2010.

Took up politics and became the youngest ever Taoiseach in history at the age of 38.

Advertisement