Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo worrying about meeting Kylie? WTF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Do you ever stop to think whether Irish people would choose to vote for the moany ould whingers who try to make a big deal out of things like this? Because I presume you think you are somehow scoring political points with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

lawred2 wrote: »
    Who cares ..

Leo....maybe Kylie.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 67,150 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ahh you must be butt hurt bad after Sinn feins recent poll numbers Francis?

Oh yeah you aren’t a SF voter.

LeonV devotion that’s a new one I will say.

Like I said...'strong on this one'. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

hmmm wrote: »
    Do you ever stop to think whether Irish people would choose to vote for the moany ould whingers who try to make a big deal out of things like this? Because I presume you think you are somehow scoring political points with this.

Every day it’s a new scandal that will bring down the government.

I actually cannot believe the mentality or desperation of people who think this will bring down Leo.

Is that all they have on him????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,856 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well he didn't.

He put it in brackets at the end of the letter I believe. Signed Leo V.

Probably used Taoiseach....not Prime Minister.

I said prime minister rather than Taoiseach as it would be a term she and her staff would understand. Try not to be so deliberately obtuse.

• Advertisement

hmmm wrote: »

We're laughing at Leo's lust for the right type of PR...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Better the devil you know.

Like I said...'strong on this one'. :)

Still not voting SF?

Every thread on boards you have been rinsed back and forth:)

Still not voting SF?

Every thread on boards you have been rinsed back and forth:)

Trying to deflect from de leader won't wash here Wheelie.

Better the devil you know.

Well, she doesn't, but je ne sais pas pourquoi they couldn't meet anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

So Leo V became a bit of a gooey-eyed fanboy because Kylie was performing in Ireland? Big ****ing whoop....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's good that Aodhán Ó Ríordáin could spend a few minutes not writting objections to local house building projects and critize Vradkar for writting a letter to Kylie and not solving homeless crisis.

Am I the only one who is sick of that hypocrite.

Trying to deflect from de leader won't wash here Wheelie.

You know in your heart this is a non story Francis.

Although I don’t expect you to admit that seems you’re a proven liar.

Still not a SF voter?

Just a neutral observer I take it.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I said prime minister rather than Taoiseach as it would be a term she and her staff would understand. Try not to be so deliberately obtuse.

It's what I identity as tonight.

96202375-obtuse-angle-icon-geometric-figure-element-for-mobile-concept-and-web-apps-thin-line-icon-for-websit.jpg

So Leo V became a bit of a gooey-eyed fanboy because Kylie was performing in Ireland? Big ****ing whoop....

That's exactly what went on here. Leo's pathetic quest for good down with the kids PR.

It's hilarious rather than a need for an election.

meeeeh wrote: »
    It's good that Aodhán Ó Ríordáin could spend a few minutes not writting objections to local house building projects and critize Vradkar for writting a letter to Kylie and not solving homeless crisis.

You know, I genuinely would support a petition campaign to have him fired out of a cannon directed towards the surface of the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

When this clown goes to a Kylie concert he's a cool dude.
    When Enda Kenny went to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Croke Park he was on the front page of most papers the next day saying he was making a fool of himself and didn't look good abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

And Shinners would be way more effective. They would also print some leaflets at state cost while writting a letter.

mgn wrote: »
    When Enda Kenny went to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Croke Park he was on the front page of most papers the next day saying he was making a fool of himself and didn't look good abroad.

I do like to judge our politicians on the concerts they go to.

My family been involved with Labour for generations and I'd quite like to shoot him with bits of his own shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Tabloid click bait. Surprised some of the heavyweight intellectuals around here fell for it.

Tabloid click bait. Surprised some of the heavyweight intellectuals around here fell for it.

The usual suspects.

Ah, come on. The whole thing is hilarious. I'm just really looking forward to the Gift Grub special about it. Mario Rosenstock could have so much fun with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

mgn wrote: »

I thought that was unfair on Enda and this is fairly low on Leo.

Yet the media loved man a de people Bertie...

The usual suspects.

Great film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Clown. When I bought my house, barely a week went by before I got a leaflet from him opposing a development near by. Same clown blames homelessness on housing shortages. Twat.

As for Leo, I don’t mind the guy but he’s in above his head as Taoiseach.

And Shinners would be way more effective. They would also print some leaflets at state cost while writting a letter.

I don't think SF will be shouting for a resignation here, Leo is doing so well as a republican, they'll proably have a good chuckle at his expense like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

You know, I genuinely would support a petition campaign to have him fired out of a cannon directed towards the surface of the sun.

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/articles/questions/what-surface-sun-made

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/19392/what-is-the-longest-effective-range-artillery-weapon-ever-built

Good idea but falls down on a number of fronts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't really see the issue.
    I don't really have any expectations that a taoiseach should have exclusively non-pop music taste.
    He likes Kylie. Big deal!

She did churn out some cringe inducing pure cheese in the early days but her last incarnation was actually fairly credible electronica influenced pop.

I would rather we focus on how he's doing in terms of delivering policy. I think he's doing quite well on Brexit and global affairs and his government has delivered on a lot of key sosial policy issues : marriage equality, bringing Irish abortion law to some kind of vaguely sane situation, getting rid of blasphemy as an offence and probably dealing with the crazy divorce laws in may too.

However, his government isn't delivering on health or housing in kind of radical way that is clearly necessary. I appreciate there's a lag in getting houses built but we need to be pulling out all the stops and getting things moving.

Health is complicated and goes back decades but where did this promise of major reforms and single tier health cover go?!

Those two issues are really all I'll be focused on as negatives.

I also find the jibes between FG and SF annoying. I'd doesn't make me want to vote for either of them. I'm not into negative campaigning and tribalism.

I've no issues whatsoever with his taste in pop music and I also have no issues with him just being himself. I'd frankly prefer if he felt he could loosen up a bit.

My vote will come down to policy though not pop music or personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Advertisement