Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Bernard Sweeney's book is looking unlikely...€94 out of €500 raised and the fundraiser has ended.

Unlucky, BS, keep fighting the good fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Peter Casey to appear on a Traveller made podcast. This could be an ambush.

https://www.facebook.com/TraVision.ie/posts/1469636669836559

Bernard Sweeney has cancelled his Peter Casey interview for fears of a 2nd New Zealand:
    It wasn't any form pressure that has led me to cancel Peter Casey interview, it was a risk I felt could had of been a benefit to community and especially around mental health. But what happened in New Zealand and how innocent people murdered by hate. Someone I hold great respect for whom is Muslim, one that stood with Irish Travellers and all communities under attack from right wing ****es. I sent my friend my condolence, sympathy and my solidarity, but later I realised that they were only words without action. Even with that i still confided with someone i respect also and this person took at 3 seconds to reply "Cancel him". Let's try another way.

https://www.facebook.com/100007227857780/videos/2258375924413314/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Peter Casey to appear on a Traveller made podcast. This could be an ambush.

https://www.facebook.com/TraVision.ie/posts/1469636669836559

Bernard Sweeney has cancelled his Peter Casey interview for fears of a 2nd New Zealand:
    It wasn't any form pressure that has led me to cancel Peter Casey interview, it was a risk I felt could had of been a benefit to community and especially around mental health. But what happened in New Zealand and how innocent people murdered by hate. Someone I hold great respect for whom is Muslim, one that stood with Irish Travellers and all communities under attack from right wing ****es. I sent my friend my condolence, sympathy and my solidarity, but later I realised that they were only words without action. Even with that i still confided with someone i respect also and this person took at 3 seconds to reply "Cancel him". Let's try another way.

https://www.facebook.com/100007227857780/videos/2258375924413314/
    What is that half-witted troglodyte slavering about?

Drivel.

He comes across like the epitome of a self-righteous, self-absorbed, deluded tw@t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭normanoffside

What is that half-witted troglodyte slavering about?

Drivel.

He comes across like the epitome of a self-righteous, self-absorbed, deluded tw@t.

I think he is suggesting that if he gave voice to Casey's 'hate speech' then some evil looney, racist 'settled person' might be emboldened to attack an innocent group of travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

, racist 'settled person' might be emboldened to attack an innocent group of travellers.

They'd be safe so, 100 euro to anyone that could find an innocent group of travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

They'd be safe so, 100 euro to anyone that could find an innocent group of travellers.

10/10

I think he is suggesting that if he gave voice to Casey's 'hate speech' then some evil looney, racist 'settled person' might be emboldened to attack an innocent group of travellers.

Group of settled lads walking past a halting site on the way home, group of travellers coming the other way, on their way to the halting site.

Which group is emboldened enough to attack the other? And which group wouldn't even dream of it because they know the whole 1,000-strong extended family will haunt them for the rest of their lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Rte radio 1 now.

That row over the Tipp traveller houses is still going on.:pac:

2.2 million spent so far and it's not settled yet. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Rte radio 1 now.

Incredible story overall.

There is no other country that I can think of where such a situation could develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Rte radio 1 now.

Assume rte asked no tough questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Tough question for those that oppose spending more taxpayers money providing stables.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,157 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,534 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rte radio 1 now.

If they sit idle another 6 months there will need to be tens of thousands spent on them to keep the smell of pi$$ out of them with damp and non use etc. You really couldn't make it up. Meanwhile a man with sense was blacklisted by the fake news media, joke of a country.

The issue with horses is crazy. Traditionally, horses were used to pull caravans. That’s no longer the case as 4 wheel drives and vans are used.
    When did sulky racing become part of traveller culture?
    The big problem is if the houses are given to others on the housing list, these houses will be trashed as has happened in Clonmel. They don’t want them but are damned if they let anyone else have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Its all up online.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9_21530767_83_26-03-2019_

The brits need to take on these guys to negotiate brexit.

The families have decided that "no deal is better than a bad deal" and are quite prepared to hold out. :pac: :pac: :pac:

It sounds like the council is trying to build a greenway and thats why they want them to move so they have the council by the short & curlies!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

Rte radio 1 now.

More news from Tipperary http://tippfm.com/news/animal-welfare/horse-welfare-called-question-following-photos-collapsed-pony/

Also in Tipp, a confirmation night out results in the usual traveller fun.http://tippfm.com/news/crime-legal/gardai-appeal-new-inn-dash-cam-footage/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

upupup wrote: »

That's disgusting about the pony, it was more than likely put down because if a pony can't get up he's ****ed.

Don't know what the second story has to do with travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The way they treat animals is disgusting, also letting them run wild on the roads which have led to a number of crashes around Galway city.

Good luck trying to get compensation out of a pavee for a damaged car.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

BBFAN wrote: »

Don't know what the second story has to do with travellers?

I'm from the area,a family of traveller's had the pub booked for the night.it cost them 3k i hear.Big fight at the end of the night with a machete being used and 2 halting sites raided in clonmel yesterday as part of the investigation into the assault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I'm from the area,a family of traveller's had the pub booked for the night.it cost them 3k i hear.Big fight at the end of the night with a machete being used and 2 halting sites raided in clonmel yesterday as part of the investigation into the assault.

It's their culture. Mickey D loves them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The issue with horses is crazy. Traditionally, horses were used to pull caravans. That’s no longer the case as 4 wheel drives and vans are used.
    When did sulky racing become part of traveller culture?
    The big problem is if the houses are given to others on the housing list, these houses will be trashed as has happened in Clonmel. They don’t want them but are damned if they let anyone else have them.

Funny how the circle turns.. Nowadays they use the wagons to pull the horses around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

"you hear?". So that's not what is in the article is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Follow up searches were conducted at at least two sites in the Clonmel area yesterday, where a number of items were seized for examination.

Read between the lines. I doubt it was bags of cement or measuring tapes that were seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Edgware wrote: »
    It's their culture. Mickey D loves them

And would have no problem living next to them...apparently. :mad:

No respect for any lying politician who says that they'd have no problem living next to them. Fcukin ar53holes.

Disgusting, the poor horse. Why are these people allowed to take sulkys out on main roads, hold up traffic and eventually run the horse into the ground?

Takes some doing to put a horse into that bad a state that it collapses. Obvious long term mistreatment, happens all over the country, yet no one will go near them. Not one of them should be allowed a horse unless they have land to put them on and the ability to properly care for them. Not someone else's land either. Culture me mickey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Disgusting, the poor horse. Why are these people allowed to take sulkys out on main roads, hold up traffic and eventually run the horse into the ground?

Takes some doing to put a horse into that bad a state that it collapses. Obvious long term mistreatment, happens all over the country, yet no one will go near them. Not one of them should be allowed a horse unless they have land to put them on and the ability to properly care for them. Not someone else's land either. Culture me mickey.

Culture my bollocks.
    I fooking hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

A Tyrant Named Miltiades!

We had them camp at the front gate to our farm once upon a time. Lovely people, wonderful horsemanship, very enviable. Even managed to sell them a pony. No regrets.

Wonderful horsemanship indeed.

Clonmel-pony-696x386.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Culture my bollocks.
    I fooking hate them.

Same, King Casey Number One!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Rte radio 1 now.

I don't understand the problem here.
    Bring in the families that these houses were intended for, ask them if they taking them, if they say no.......well then thanks very much, we'll be giving them to people who need them and would appreciate them...end of problem.

Stop fannying around, ask them once, then move on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement