Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Also, you need to move your sh*t because we are building a greenway. 7 days and then we move them for you.

Dub Ste wrote: »
    I don't understand the problem here.
    Bring in the families that these houses were intended for, ask them if they taking them, if they say no.......well then thanks very much, we'll be giving them to people who need them and would appreciate them...end of problem.

Stop fannying around, ask them once, then move on

You can bet that if the houses were assigned to anyone else, even other travellers, that the houses would be trashed before they could move in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You can bet that if the houses were assigned to anyone else, even other travellers, that the houses would be trashed before they could move in.

So let the government spend a fee of our tax euros.
    Hired goons to look after the houses, any body turns up and starts causing trouble.....bam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Listened to the 2nd episode of Casey's Newstalk show last night, thought he did better than the first one. A bit stumbly at times but he made bits of whoever the woman was, she couldn't live with him.

Indeed he easily dismantled her arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

upupup wrote: »
    More news from Tipperary http://tippfm.com/news/animal-welfare/horse-welfare-called-question-following-photos-collapsed-pony/

Disgraceful isn't even close to describing this.
    You can't be on the road without child seats, seatbelts, lights, tyres, nct the whole lot. Rightfully.
    But you can tear around with children hanging off sulkys on motorways. I mean come on.
    There's a problem with authority not wanting to tackle this.

If you want to support media who report on this element, then click on the ads on their news sites.
    The media outlets who report this activity have algorithms that count the ad clicks they get off visitors to pages on their site.
    So if you read a story that calls this stuff out, support the publisher by visiting an ad off their page.
    They'll report on it more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

More news from Tipperary http://tippfm.com/news/animal-welfare/horse-welfare-called-question-following-photos-collapsed-pony/

Disgraceful isn't even close to describing this.
    You can't be on the road without child seats, seatbelts, lights, tyres, nct the whole lot. Rightfully.
    But you can tear around with children hanging off sulkys on motorways. I mean come on.
    There's a problem with authority not wanting to tackle this.

If you want to support media who report on this element, then click on the ads on their news sites.
    The media outlets who report this activity have algorithms that count the ad clicks they get off visitors to pages on their site.
    So if you read a story that calls this stuff out, support the publisher by visiting an ad off their page.
    They'll report on it more.

Yep, we need a more heavy handed force to deadl with this
    The ARU should be drafted in asap to deal with these wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if those houses were assigned to anyone else i would expect them to be burnt out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

if those houses were assigned to anyone else i would expect them to be burnt out
    Or even if they occupy them they will burn them when Grandad Connors pops his clogs?
    It's our culture boss

Great headline...

"Callout for nominations for the 2019 Traveller Pride Awards"

I can see some confusion happening there.

The categories are: Education, Arts or Culture, Music,
    Enterprise or Employment, Youth, Sport,
    Community, Intersectionality (new award).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Interesting to see "Sinn Féin Councillor and animal rights campaigner Catherine Carey" leading on this.

The SF party orthodoxy is to drive out any heretics that express insufficient admiration for Traveller Culture. Will Ms Carey campaign for animal rights here by ignoring the elephant in the room or challenge her own party by speaking honestly?

• Advertisement

CrankyHaus wrote: »

Interesting to see "Sinn Féin Councillor and animal rights campaigner Catherine Carey" leading on this.

The SF party orthodoxy is to drive out any heretics that express insufficient admiration for Traveller Culture. Will Ms Carey campaign for animal rights here by ignoring the elephant in the room or challenge her own party by speaking honestly?

What use is one warden for the whole of Tipperary anyway? IMO its a move to show they are trying to do something while actually doing nothing. Travellers as a whole will never be called out on their disgraceful, backward treatment of animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's some size of a county. From Portumna/Lorrha in the NW to Carrick on Suir in the SE is about 130 KM

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's some size of a county. From Portumna/Lorrha in the NW to Carrick on Suir in the SE is about 130 KM

They might stick the warden up on a crane and give him a good pair of binoculars.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

What use is one warden for the whole of Tipperary anyway? IMO its a move to show they are trying to do something while actually doing nothing. Travellers as a whole will never be called out on their disgraceful, backward treatment of animals.

One warden is better than no warden.
    The people of south tipp have been looking for a horse warden for a long time now due to a lot of horse cruelty.A march to the local council offices brought some pressure and eventually the council asked the government and it was denied.

A horse warden for tipp would probably result in requests from other councils too,then we would have wardens checking horse's all over the country for micro chips.....this will stop horse cruelty but will upset traveller's
    https://www.google.com/search?q=tipperary+horse+warden&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE750IE750&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjK-ufEhbThAhUWRBUIHcJvCxkQ_AUIDigB&biw=1234&bih=582

I hope you're right about it being the start of seeing more wardens hired, its badly needed. If it leads to horses being taken from travellers, happy days but for right now, 1 warden in Tipp is a load of sh*te.

Could have done without the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Poor horses, ponies and asses have no rights it seems.

Noble creatures who have served mankind for centuries. They deserve a lot better.

Fck Pavee Point, the ISPCA need to take over here.

Poor horses, ponies and asses have no rights it seems.

Noble creatures who have served mankind for centuries. They deserve a lot better.

Fck Pavee Point, the ISPCA need to take over here.

Pavee Point have no interest in animal welfare, its glossed over all the time. Do the ISPCA inspectors get paid enough to deal with this though? I wouldn't enjoy being the guy trying to take a load of horses out of a halting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Pavee Point have no interest in animal welfare, its glossed over all the time. Do the ISPCA inspectors get paid enough to deal with this though? I wouldn't enjoy being the guy trying to take a load of horses out of a halting site.

A warden is at nothing dealing with the travellers. You'd want the army when dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Property right laws need to be amended in this country, as far as im concerned if someone illegally parks on your land you should have the right to crush their caravans if you like. Far too many legal hoops and red tape to deal with just to remove people from your own bloody land. We've tried the soft approach with them and they only take the piss. Time for a hardline stance, no more free stuff and if you break the law your heading to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Property right laws need to be amended in this country, as far as im concerned if someone illegally parks on your land you should have the right to crush their caravans if you like. Far too many legal hoops and red tape to deal with just to remove people from your own bloody land. We've tried the soft approach with them and they only take the piss. Time for a hardline stance, no more free stuff and if you break the law your heading to jail.

Not a chance of that happening because 5 out of 6 Presidential candidates would have no problem living beside a halting site - apparently.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Not a chance of that happening because 5 out of 6 Presidential candidates would have no problem living beside a halting site - apparently.

Which brings us nicely back around to the very un-PC, PC!

It took the litter warden 2 whole months to remove black bags of rubbish from a riverbank in rural Tipperary. Any chance of finding evidence of culprits was long gone, along with most of the bags contents by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I can't find a link for this but a few year's ago the tipperary council spent a lot of money rounding up stray horse's and housing them but it went to the courts and the judge gave the horses back.
    I think the traveller's made a promise to the judge but a few of these horses were found starved to death later.
    The tipp council have tried but law and government have fail to get tough with this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

When will it sink into taxpayers that a large majority of these people have no interest,respect,or tolerance for the laws of our state.

These people do what they like, carry on whatever way they like, cost the state huge money whilst contributing nothing.

And all we hear from them is complaints about not enough funding for their well being.

I would love if someone did a case study on a group, for say a ten year period and publish what they cost to state.

Incredible that the taxpayer is still putting up with this carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,513 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There is something seriously wrong in a country when the powers that be side with law breakers against the wishes of the vast majority of its population who uphold the law. Travellers seem to be treated with kid gloves by politicians and the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

I've had a recent run in with our fine Minkiers, they liberated me of some fine valuable metal that was round and shiney and went on a mechanical horse.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, should I invite them in and let them have sex with my family? I just dont know what to do anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Looks like Mags still has not got a house. (sorry made a balls trying to embed the images)

https://ibb.co/Nm8phqz

Nm8phqz

The replies are something else.

https://imgur.com/hKnWU4V

hKnWU4V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

john4321 wrote: »
    Looks like Mags still has not got a house.

https://ibb.co/Nm8phqz

Nm8phqz

The replies are something else.

https://imgur.com/hKnWU4V

hKnWU4V

Sterilize all of them, there's no other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I see that Mags ‘loved’ the post attacking the ‘illegle imrgrints’

Again I thought she was anti racism?

• Advertisement

She's very picky about racism. If you're Irish or an ethnic minority who is Irish, its grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement