Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing CHAT thread

Options
  • 24-03-2019 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I tried the pork burrito bowl from Vocha today.. I was impressed by their mango salsa which I havn't seen in other places around Galway so that was different. Also they have buckfast bottles as lampshades which was cool.

Comments

eyresquare wrote: »
    I tried the pork burrito bowl from Vocha today.. I was impressed by their mango salsa which I havn't seen in other places around Galway so that was different. Also they have buckfast bottles as lampshades which was cool.

Do you know know if they offer (very) hot sauce at the counter and hot sauces are around the tables?

I like my burritos absolutely on fire and I like to be able to get hot sauce added when they are making the burrito (as well as adding more at the table) too like you can get the naga chili sauce in boojum. Even the hottest salsa in these places is mild by my standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

When boojum first opened they had a really good selection of mexican hot sauces. The El Yucateco Caribbean was one of the nicest and hottest they had. I found them and the cholula (mild but tasty) online and now have a collection of 10 or so sauces I take out whenever we get in mexican. Every bite, different sauce. I agree when eating in it's a big deal if they're low or out of sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

eyresquare wrote: »

Was the food nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Pretty ridiculous that this is its own thread. Boards mod really are a neurotic bunch.

Agreed how are we supposed to transfer over the conversation from the other thread to here? The person you ask the question to might not even read this thread. Surely questions like the quality of the food etc which were asked very much belong in the same thread as a place opening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Mod Note

The info in the info thread was getting lost amongst chat. There is a balance to be had but at the moment the info/announcement thread is being overrun with chat and that its drowning out any announcements on businesses opening and closing. so this is a compromise

How about directing someone to your question in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

ha, didn't even make it a page before the first mod warning.

Mod Note: No making fun of the mod notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mod Note

The info in the info thread was getting lost amongst chat. There is a balance to be had but at the moment the info/announcement thread is being overrun with chat and that its drowning out any announcements on businesses opening and closing. so this is a compromise

Are there announcements in that thread? I thought it was just people posting observations. Personally I only watch it (and post) out of curiosity and to hear about changes I hadn't noticed yet. I don't see it as some kind of record of change in the city. I assumed that's why it is/was conversational in tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Agreed how are we supposed to transfer over the conversation from the other thread to here? .

Copy and paste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Mod Note

Can you tell us which thread we should post in to direct someone to our question in this thread please?

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the waffles from the bubble-bee place yet? What are they like?

Afraid not, but it seems busy enough each time I've passed so hopefully that's a good sign :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I've had them, very very nice! Very generous portion, go there hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GALWAYGUY2019

They have added Kebabs, Has Anyone tried them yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyone been to new Woozza place? If so does it taste as good as Sea road outlet?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Anyone been to new Woozza place? If so does it taste as good as Sea road outlet?.

Went last Sunday and was impressed. Food was nice but what set it for me was the wonderful manager and staff. It sounds weird but I left the place with a but of a buzz in me from the staff, which, tbh is weird

Mod Note

Can you tell us which thread we should post in to direct someone to our question in this thread please?

I would appreciate the courtesy of a reply from the Mods on this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I would appreciate the courtesy of a reply from the Mods on this.

You can post in the info thread to direct someone here.

I'd personally post a link to my question but that's just me you don't have to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Went last Sunday and was impressed. Food was nice but what set it for me was the wonderful manager and staff. It sounds weird but I left the place with a but of a buzz in me from the staff, which, tbh is weird
    I get this, the best food in the world seems to taste bad if its slapped down in front of you in a temper or if it needs to be sent back as its not as ordered.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

You can post in the info thread to direct someone here.

I'd personally post a link to my question but that's just me you don't have to do that

Thank you for replying. TBH I'm a bit surprised about this as it means the INFO thread could get "clogged up" with posts directing people to the CHAT thread. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of creating two threads in the first place?

• Advertisement

Thank you for replying. TBH I'm a bit surprised about this as it means the INFO thread could get "clogged up" with posts directing people to the CHAT thread. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of creating two threads in the first place?

Not really imo. If there's a post about a restaurant/shop opening and I post a link to a question here then the next poster in will see the link to the question and can join the conversation so it ends up with possibly one or two extra posts in comparison to the multitude of posts and more general chat which is happening at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Miose

Wouldn’t it be funny if people abandoned the info thread altogether and just posted here instead?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyone been to Dfs in wellpark?. Pondering going for a look but wondered if it's fully set up.. Soft furnishings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Miose wrote: »
    Wouldn’t it be funny if people abandoned the info thread altogether and just posted here instead?

I propose a boycott of the info thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I propose a boycott of the info thread!

Brilliant idea https://giphy.com/gifs/it8ZXqfoJx6i4it8ZXqfoJx6i4

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

How long has the Full Duck been open in Salthill?
    I was looking at somewhere new to go for dinner and someone mentioned that it's really good for food.

Areas wrote: »
    How long has the Full Duck been open in Salthill?
    I was looking at somewhere new to go for dinner and someone mentioned that it's really good for food.

Since mid October.

https://www.facebook.com/545710415863535/posts/560938921007351/

J o e wrote: »
    Signage going up early this morning for "Five Guys" where Foot Locker was on Shop Street / William Street. Apparently they've been working on it inside and they're opening the front part as a free pop-up at lunch today to announce the news, then closing for a few weeks to complete the fit-out.

Jesus. How many burger places can we have in one city?
    Any idea of what time they're doing the lunch pop-up? Might swing by and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

J o e wrote: »
    Signage going up early this morning for "Five Guys" where Foot Locker was on Shop Street / William Street. Apparently they've been working on it inside and they're opening the front part as a free pop-up at lunch today to announce the news, then closing for a few weeks to complete the fit-out.
    There's been Skechers signs in the Foot Locker windows for the last two weeks? Do you mean the HSamuel unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

There's been Skechers signs in the Foot Locker windows for the last two weeks? Do you mean the HSamuel unit?

April fool's. Has to be. H Samuel building would need a change of use from retail to restaurant and they haven't looked for it as per planning application listing and I don't think it would be allowed either due to city development plans...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement