Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was on the 220 on Sunday afternoon, the stop announcement voice was BLARING! My ears were hurting, is this common on all GA buses?

If it were an ex db then it can't be adjusted as they super glued the volume control.

If it is a new gai bus and they have had soul use, then this control may well be still possible and it's on the pa controller above the drivers head.

It's the middle knob on the controller face.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

Was on the 220 on Sunday afternoon, the stop announcement voice was BLARING! My ears were hurting, is this common on all GA buses?

If it were an ex db then it can't be adjusted as they super glued the volume control.

If it is a new gai bus and they have had soul use, then this control may well be still possible and it's on the pa controller above the drivers head.

It's the middle knob on the controller face.

All streetlites are loud. We have told them to adjust the volumes as it is really loud. Only option we have is to mute. I'd assume same as yourselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I've noticed problems with a lot of the internal displays in general. For example I've been on the 63 and 75 a few times and it's displayed 45a to Dun Laoghaire on the internal displays.

Also nearly every GAI bus I've been on does not display the via line correctly for example it's always:

75 to Dun Laoghaire
    Via X (but no actual destination displayed)

Still seeing a lot with completely blank scrolls, the internal speakers can't be switched off but the driver can hit the push to talk button to cancel it but this is only each time it talks.

Can't really be doing that.

I remember the wv we had were like that where stop announcement would scare the bejaysus out of you.... Didn't help there been a speaker directly over the drive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I've noticed problems with a lot of the internal displays in general. For example I've been on the 63 and 75 a few times and it's displayed 45a to Dun Laoghaire on the internal displays.

That's because the driver didn't reset the avl..It's happened to me a couple of times..when I sign on to the wayfarer the avl says bray station but should say Newtownmountkennedy but when it happens I just contact the controller and they reset it for me if that makes sence

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5 allcash

Fizzy Duck wrote: »
    All streetlites are loud. We have told them to adjust the volumes as it is really loud. Only option we have is to mute. I'd assume same as yourselves?

No mute on DB buses

• Site Banned Posts: 5 allcash

ax586 wrote: »

That's because the driver didn't reset the avl..It's happened to me a couple of times..when I sign on to the wayfarer the avl says bray station but should say Newtownmountkennedy but when it happens I just contact the controller and they reset it for me if that makes sence

Must do it different with GAI than DB, never heard contacting control for this on DB

allcash wrote: »
    ax586 wrote: »

Must do it different with GAI than DB, never heard contacting control for this on DB

They just reset the duty

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zeusdriver

You can go into the AVL menu and log in your block manually,that updates things if it hasn't done so automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

So with the 76/A and 18 taken over from today has anyone spotted any single deckers on either route?

• Advertisement

So with the 76/A and 18 taken over from today has anyone spotted any single deckers in either route?

One on the 18

Just seen that theirs a streetlight in route 76 too, hopefully this is just in weekends don’t think they’d cope on weekdays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Saw a couple of double deckers on the 76 this afternoon.

Seen a few double deckers myself while out and about maybe the single deckers are just for early morning and late evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Three buses on the 76 reported running together through Ballyfermot. That takes some doing on a Sunday.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Three buses on the 76 reported running together through Ballyfermot. That takes some doing on a Sunday.

Where was this reported?

Just had a look at real time and everything seems to be running with the expected intervals with no bunching.

Someone tweeted this morning that a couple of buses didn't run, which did, because my colleague used one on his way to work, so I'm a bit skeptical of some reports. They removed the tweet very quick when it was pointed out.

devnull wrote: »
    Where was this reported?

A bus enthusiasts page on Facebook.

Have any of the additional 8 191 SGs originally meant for DB that were diverted to GAI entered service yet?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

A bus enthusiasts page on Facebook.

Ahh okay, just not seen any issues with the 76 - the 18 seems to be the ones that has had a few issues though, at least one departure has been missed.

Hopefully the changeover will be fairly smooth. I think bus users have had enough of the issues we have seen recently.

• Advertisement

I still see 75 going off route and in estates it shouldn't even be near.

Where is this happening?

Where is this happening?

Ballinteer, Dundrum area

I know GAI have taken on more drivers since they've taken over more routes which might explain it I havent heard of it happening though from what I've heard on social media. I've used GAI services a good few times and haven't had many issues apart from the fact RTPI is a bit off. But other than that I wouldn't really notice much of a difference between GAI and DB services.

Probably new drivers. With new routes coming online, some drivers have moved around. Saying that they should be route trained and if unsure they can be allocated a guide.

I've even seen ones on route training go down estates no bus goes into.

I've seen in service where driver was alone and 2 where they actually had another staff member standing beside them.

175 has come in through Dundrum terminus wrong way, meadow grove has had at least 2 75 go into the estate.

They may have taken a wrong turn onto Barton Road and ended up going into Meadow Grove to try to get back on route.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Saw two double deck 76's heading towards Tallaght within 5 mins of each other at Newlands X this evening. Good luck to them tomorrow!

I've even seen ones on route training go down estates no bus goes into.

I've seen in service where driver was alone and 2 where they actually had another staff member standing beside them.

175 has come in through Dundrum terminus wrong way, meadow grove has had at least 2 75 go into the estate.

Not excusing it. It shouldn't happen. I personally don't understand how it can happen. I've driven all the routes at this stage with same or less route training.

• Advertisement

Fizzy Duck wrote: »
    Not excusing it. It shouldn't happen. I personally don't understand how it can happen. I've driven all the routes at this stage with same or less route training.

Can be extremely confusing especially to someone that wouldn't have ever been in a certain area so wouldn't know the roads.

Lack of training seems to be the main reason though.

Advertisement